Quote Originally Posted by 4WARNED View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Let me know how this goes for you....i'm very curious. i hate looking at my "old school" 2017 screen in my raptor, especially since my company truck is a 2023 F150.
Well I did it on Sunday with my 2018, Installed the software and since I had my APIM replaced due to it dying (they tried to blame me until I showed them their own website and that I was following their instructions on a previous sync 3 update), I ran their tool to ensure its a pre 2020 version. It came back saying all good so spent the hour downloading the latest sync 3.4 with the 2023 maps.

Formatted the usb and took the truck for a drive. With the USB installed and and made sure autostart was off, I ran the install which took about 40 minutes. Did the factory reset like they said (just in case) and I now have version 3.4 with the 2023 maps. The truck has sirius radio so I had to push the registration command from Sirius (it was working but i figured next update it would go offline and have to do it anyways.

So far everything is working as it should and features are all enabled. I also had to pair our phones as well the ford app but that is only a few minutes. No issues but I do know that the I would need to manually install any updates or maps which is easy. Now I went from SYNC 3.0 with maps from 2019 to sync 3.4 and 2023 maps.

If you plan to do the update, just follow that video as he goes through folks that use versions before Sync 3.0 and folks that have 3.0 already.