Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 215 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 215 of 257 FirstFirst ... 205 214 215 216 225 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tows 8000+lbs fine
    mine was equipped with the trailer tow package tho. (3.73 rear end and a cooler i think?)
    Gas mileage not great but it works
    is the 3.73 back? I thought even with Max Tow eco screw, since they went Alu went to 3.55

I wouldn't buy a F150 if it was hooked up to a 8K trailer every day

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Was cruising home from Calgary up to the Edmonton area over the weekend, staying with traffic @ 135. Truck readout was giving me 10.6L/100. I thought that was pretty good.

2021 full crew 2.7
    Hmm I wonder if you had a bit of a tail wind there. My 2.7's MPG goes up a decent amount anytime im over 120+

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    is the 3.73 back? I thought even with Max Tow eco screw, since they went Alu went to 3.55

I wouldn't buy a F150 if it was hooked up to a 8K trailer every day
    yeah, they are still around, always have been, but had to configure the truck in a specific way to get it.

My '21 PowerBoost has the 3.73 rear end, in fact, all PowerBoosts have the 3.73 rear end.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone know if the "soundscreen" glass in my 2020 XLT 302A is any different or better than the generic glass? Or if the Front collison camera needs special glass or calibration? Got a crack basically right in front of my face. Probably can't leave that one too long.
    Did my price research on windsheild for my 2020 F150. For my truck which does NOT have heated glass, full OEM "soundscreen" replacement from Cam clark is $800, aftermarket from Cam clark is $495. Aftermarket from Cal-alta is $400 minus the $120 food bank discount = $280.

Cal-alta is close to my house and has given me good service in the past, I will be going with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Did my price research on windsheild for my 2020 F150. For my truck which does NOT have heated glass, full OEM "soundscreen" replacement from Cam clark is $800, aftermarket from Cam clark is $495. Aftermarket from Cal-alta is $400 minus the $120 food bank discount = $280.

Cal-alta is close to my house and has given me good service in the past, I will be going with them.
    I didn't realize how cheap windshields were these days until I did both of our vehicles. I had been putting it off for years but at $260-$350 per windshield there is no point in even considering getting chips filled at $80 a pop from those stupid Deco booths. I think I was right around the $280 as well for my truck when I did it and I honestly can't tell the difference from it and the stock one when all I do is commute to and from work/home depot
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I didn't realize how cheap windshields were these days until I did both of our vehicles. I had been putting it off for years but at $260-$350 per windshield there is no point in even considering getting chips filled at $80 a pop from those stupid Deco booths. I think I was right around the $280 as well for my truck when I did it and I honestly can't tell the difference from it and the stock one when all I do is commute to and from work/home depot
    They’re cheap until you have some sensor or technology imbedded. Then it’s $$$
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    They’re cheap until you have some sensor or technology imbedded. Then it’s $$$
    The key is to be poor then you don't have to worry about fancy gizmos like that. My 2014 FX-4 is just the right amount of tech/barebones for me.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cheaper vehicles remain cheaper to operate.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Cal Alta will also fix your chips for 20$, if they charge you at all

My Ride
    Trucks

What is the consensus on the new F-150 3.5 Hybrid (Limited)? Anybody have one yet, any issues? (other than 6-figure price tag)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@spikerS has the hybrid.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    What is the consensus on the new F-150 3.5 Hybrid (Limited)? Anybody have one yet, any issues? (other than 6-figure price tag)
    Well, I like the truck overall. however, if you are getting the powerboost to try and save on gas like I did, I wouldn't bother. TBH, I am getting about the same gas mileage in the powerboost as I did in my '19 3.5L, if not a tad worse. I don't drive the truck hard, but, with the added weight of the hybrid system, and stepping up to the 3.73 rear end, any potential gas savings isn't realized.

To make it work, it needs a bigger battery and probably double the 85hp electric motor. With those 2 things the truck would be much better setup to function as a hybrid, as it stands right now, unless you are always cruising under 55kph, the electric side of things is never on enough to make any real difference.

Having said that, this thing from a stop DIGS! put it in sport mode and romp on the pedal will put a big shit eating grin on your face for sure. The extra 85 HP from the electric motor paired with the 3.5L is nuts. A truck this heavy should not accelerate that quickly.

Other than that, it is basically like any other 3.5L F150 out there. I probably would not buy the hybrid again given the choice, but I was trying to get better mileage, and was hoping this might get me there. I must do too much highway driving.

as for issues, not really anything hybrid specific to mention other than an exhaust recirculation valve for the coolant. I had that one, and its an easy fix, but due to supply issues, it took 3 months for the replacement part to come in. Otherwise the hybrid systems seems to be pretty stout.
    Last edited by spikerS; 06-04-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Well, I like the truck overall. however, if you are getting the powerboost to try and save on gas like I did, I wouldn't bother. TBH, I am getting about the same gas mileage in the powerboost as I did in my '19 3.5L, if not a tad worse. I don't drive the truck hard, but, with the added weight of the hybrid system, and stepping up to the 3.73 rear end, any potential gas savings isn't realized.

To make it work, it needs a bigger battery and probably double the 85hp electric motor. With those 2 things the truck would be much better setup to function as a hybrid, as it stands right now, unless you are always cruising under 55kph, the electric side of things is never on enough to make any real difference.

Having said that, this thing from a stop DIGS! put it in sport mode and romp on the pedal will put a big shit eating grin on your face for sure. The extra 85 HP from the electric motor paired with the 3.5L is nuts. A truck this heavy should not accelerate that quickly.

Other than that, it is basically like any other 3.5L F150 out there. I probably would not buy the hybrid again given the choice, but I was trying to get better mileage, and was hoping this might get me there. I must do too much highway driving.

as for issues, not really anything hybrid specific to mention other than an exhaust recirculation valve for the coolant. I had that one, and its an easy fix, but due to supply issues, it took 3 months for the replacement part to come in. Otherwise the hybrid systems seems to be pretty stout.
    Doing it all over again, would you go with a different engine, or just keep your old truck?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Im in a 2.7 and im just wanting to get the exact same truck but with the 5l. (502a)
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Doing it all over again, would you go with a different engine, or just keep your old truck?
    Honestly, I would have just kept the old truck. The 3.5L ecoboost is plenty of fun. The hybrid is more powerful off the line, but don't think it's worth the extra dollars.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I wonder if you did a lot more commuting/putting around the city, if it would have more realized benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I wonder if you did a lot more commuting/putting around the city, if it would have more realized benefits.
    I will give you an update in a few weeks. My coworker has one coming down from Edmonton in a few days time.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I don't leave the city much, but the roads I tend to frequent the most are Stoney and Deerfoot. at least 2/3rds of a trip are usually on one of those 2 roads. I think the truck would show more realized benefits if you are spending all your time on roads with speedlimits <60kph
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

The 2.7 ecoboost with 3.73's got as good, if not better mpg in the city if it wasn't all complete stop and go every 200 meters.

At 1300kms of range a tank, it lasted forever in town. I can't imagine a low power hybrid making that big of a difference unless you were judicious with using electric mode to get going.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I'd love 1300km of range. I usually get <900km around town, but 90% of my driving is down crowchild, not during rush hour. Truc tells me I'm avg 11.7L/100km, but fuelly tells me it's closer to 13L/100km
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 215 of 257 FirstFirst ... 205 214 215 216 225 ... LastLast