Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 257 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

so, i ordered some bilstein 5100 struts, the height adjustable ones. goal is 35s... does anyone know with the max tow and hd payload packages... would i need blocks in the rear or do these trucks ride higher than the standard suspension trucks?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

SCT 3015 tuner. You'll thank me later. +103ft lbs and 54HP with the 93 octane map. That's on an otherwise stock truck.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    SCT 3015 tuner. You'll thank me later. +103ft lbs and 54HP with the 93 octane map. That's on an otherwise stock truck.

Exhaust -- I just want a bit more sound and hopefully torque, and there are lots of options.
    AFE has one online for $424 for a catback that I may pick up

Intake -- I've heard from not required to get a drop in, throttle body spacer or Stage 2 intake kits... again not sure if breathing is a issue with this truck (i don't think it is)

Leveling kit -- would a normal 2" steel one be fine or should we really go with biliestines? I can see if you are offroading and you want to gain 2" of travel, yes... otherwise you could crush your shock if you don't have bumpstops preventing all that weight from bottoming them off. I just want more height for looks.
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 06-12-2015 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

the bilstein 5100s will give you a better handling truck and are adjustable... so you can dial it in for just the right amount of rake so it doesnt look like the ass is sagging with a load in the bed or while towing... they are also pretty cheap, so i'd say worth while... plus lifetime warranty

not really sure wtf you are going to crush...

also if or when i get around to tuning it, going to be sure to run motul, since all the failures on tuned trucks my j-man friend has seen have been mechanical failures.... and im also not going to screw around with a box tune. dyno only

if you flash it back to stock before service you should be fine if these are anything like the rest of ford's offerings

intake flows good, you can remove baffles though if you want more noise, exhaust is pretty plugged up though, but that goes all the way to the manifolds
    Last edited by ercchry; 07-03-2014 at 10:51 AM.

My Ride
    14 Viper

bilstein 5100's have a lifetime warranty but they require you to send in the effed shock/strut prior to giving the warranty. 35's are doable on the highest level lift on the 5100's, just watch the offset of your rims, especially if you have aftermarket. Use a lift shackle for the rear if you want to lift the rear, shackles will reduce axle hop vs using a bigger block.

Essex distributors out of BC has decent pricing on Bilstein (and H&R) products.

The goodyear wrangler duratrac is a good a/t tire that is studdable and is good in the winter. I have had great luck in with 2 different sets of them.

Check stage 3 out of the states, if you want a "better" level check the ICON stuff they sell, and if you are looking for warrantied performance packages including tunes, check this out:

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/201...-Packages.html

My Ride
    Has wheels

So has anyone picked up any exhaust? Thinking about it but not sure what direction I want to go.

Originally posted by bruceod
    So has anyone picked up any exhaust? Thinking about it but not sure what direction I want to go.
    just installed the AFE Mach Force 4"
    Its loud, but not like what you'd think with a v8 or Diesel.

Doesn't sound as nice as a V8, and sounds more like a V6 mini-diesel w/ the boost noise.

As my truck only had about 1200k km, was easy to rip apart for this cat back system.

I just wanted more sound out of the truck and I've got it... may do the same with a afe Stage 2 intake as well..

What I don't want, is to jeopardize warranty or durability... I had a Injen intake on a SE-R before and I think the AEM cone filter destroyed my rings... I don't want anything happening to the veins on my impellers.

So maybe instead of the CAI or a drop in filter (which I've read as being not much better than OEM) is get that bolt on throttle body spacer... which should add more squeal to the turbo noise.

anyone do a leveling kit? I have the max tow, and my rear end is really high, but I don't want to cause any wear to my ball joints or CV shafts... would a 1.5 give me a good look?

p.s. I'm going for 275/70/18's to keep on stock rims, just so I get 34 inches but a fairly stock look.
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 06-13-2015 at 04:47 AM.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

The drop in is basically pointless, the stock intake isn't that restrictive and the oil from the K&N fucks with the MAF. I pulled out my intake silencers yesterday, didn't notice a power increase but the turbo woosh is much more noticeable now. Turned a few heads in traffic.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by freshprince1
    Installed the Heart Throb Exhaust with a buddy's help last night. It went on pretty easy, took about 2.5 hours. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off.

Initial impressions are great. It sounds good. Looks fine...it's not "showy". It's actually one of the reasons I like this system; it's not very flashy, it's totally utilitarian.

I took some video's to record the before and after exhaust notes. I'll try to get them online soon. And, I can't wait to get it on the open road (in a safe area) and test out the performance! (while staying within the legal limits of course).

Waiting on this video! Been sitting on the fence on the heartthrob for a while, but I hear the drone while towing is quite loud in the cabin.
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

The drop in is basically pointless, the stock intake isn't that restrictive and the oil from the K&N fucks with the MAF. I pulled out my intake silencers yesterday, didn't notice a power increase but the turbo woosh is much more noticeable now. Turned a few heads in traffic.
    are you talking about the snorkle? Or the fiberglass piece?

someone told me its a heatshield

Originally posted by brandon

Waiting on this video! Been sitting on the fence on the heartthrob for a while, but I hear the drone while towing is quite loud in the cabin.
    I think out of the bunch for "cat back" the Corsa may sound the best.

I was lucky to hvae a truck with under 1k km, so it was 2 bolts by the cat, and one clamp, otherwise everything pulled right off the hanger.

to put on my AFE it was 2 bolts again, adn 2 clamps on the muffler, re-using the existing mounts.

"I removed all the hangers first, because they are a PITA to mount the muffler to, then hung them and tightened."

took me 15 mins to remove, and about 20 to put on.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by r3ccOs

are you talking about the snorkle? Or the fiberglass piece?

someone told me its a heatshield
    No. The intake silencers are these plastic "star" things in the intake tract designed to reduce turbo noise, but they cause a restriction. All in all 5 minutes to remove and all you need is a flathead screwdriver. Undo the three intake clamps, pull off the rubber accordion section of the intake, and look into each turbo inlet pipe. You'll see them in there, they just pull out.

Also lots of posts on the interwebs about this should you need pics.

No. The intake silencers are these plastic "star" things in the intake tract designed to reduce turbo noise, but they cause a restriction. All in all 5 minutes to remove and all you need is a flathead screwdriver. Undo the three intake clamps, pull off the rubber accordion section of the intake, and look into each turbo inlet pipe. You'll see them in there, they just pull out.

Also lots of posts on the interwebs about this should you need pics.
    found the thread! thanks mate, I'll do that this evening.

So other than the SCT and this, have you done any other mods? not sure the intake really needs to be modded unless you're running quite a bit more boost... even with the modest 91 tune from SCT, I don't think we're going to need to get a AFE stage 2 or anything.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I had a Injen intake on a SE-R before and I think the AEM cone filter destroyed my rings...
    Just to go offtopic slightly, if you are referring to a Sentra, this was a known issue and has nothing to do with your intake. The cat in the header breaks up, gets sucked in the exhaust side of the head, and wrecks shit up.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

found the thread! thanks mate, I'll do that this evening.

So other than the SCT and this, have you done any other mods? not sure the intake really needs to be modded unless you're running quite a bit more boost... even with the modest 91 tune from SCT, I don't think we're going to need to get a AFE stage 2 or anything.
    I haven't been able to find any dyno results with JUST the intake done. Some "claim" 20HP, but an AFE stage 2 is close to $500. Why wouldn't I spend $380 for an extra 50HP and over 100lb/ft? Mopac and and JB's both have the SCT in stock, JB's was about $50 cheaper.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I know the exhaust is pretty corked up, I'm looking for a new one that won't break the bank and won't drone or sound like an old 3.1L Cavalier....

I know the exhaust is pretty corked up, I'm looking for a new one that won't break the bank and won't drone or sound like an old 3.1L Cavalier....
    I don't mind my AFE... but there is definately a drone, but its not too loud, which I don't think will ever be a problem regardless of exhaust on our trucks.

I had to move the truck a few feet after I removed the stock exhaust from the cat.... honestly my exhaust kinda sounds like a bit more "controlled" version of catless, which even at that, isn't that loud.

Borla sounds the best

I haven't been able to find any dyno results with JUST the intake done. Some "claim" 20HP, but an AFE stage 2 is close to $500. Why wouldn't I spend $380 for an extra 50HP and over 100lb/ft? Mopac and and JB's both have the SCT in stock, JB's was about $50 cheaper.
    I removed those little intake silencer thingys and I LOVE the sound!

this is what I'm looking for, and yet while not under boost or load, they're not present.

thanks mate!

I haven't seen any dyno comparison neither to really substantiate airbox/CAI performance gains other than AFE's own.

that being said, is it just me or are the intake tubes different diameters but going to each bank?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have a superchips tuner that I am no longer going to use. I bought it to try and get some better numbers while towing, but it just isn't working out for me.

If anyone is interested in it, let me know.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I removed those little intake silencer thingys and I LOVE the sound!

this is what I'm looking for, and yet while not under boost or load, they're not present.

thanks mate!

I haven't seen any dyno comparison neither to really substantiate airbox/CAI performance gains other than AFE's own.

that being said, is it just me or are the intake tubes different diameters but going to each bank?
    It's crazy what a "five minute mod" will do!

I love the sound with my stock airbox. I may look at widening the intake "snorkel" a little. Seems a tad restrictive.

Yes the intake pipes are of different diameter.

Page 2 of 257 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast