Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 83 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 83 of 257 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaganappi GM and GM Customer Care pissed me off for the last time, so me, a longtime GM fanboy just made the switch to my first ever Ford. When I bought my 15’ Sierra three years ago we also test drove a 16’ F150 3.5 EB and did prefer it to the GM but the pricing on the GM was substantially better. 3 years later I got a smoking deal on a Lead Foot Grey 18’ 3.5EB Lariat from Advantage Ford. I absolutely love the color and the EB torque combined with the 10spd makes for a very nice driving experience. It’s got the deployable running boards and sunroof, neither of which I really wanted (would have preferred adaptive cruise instead) but oh well.

My immediate plans are:
    - Tonneau cover (hard tri-fold or hard rollup) – any suggestions on which is best and who has the best price? I didn’t mind the Undercover Flex on my GM but it did let in a good bit of water every time it rained/car wash
    - A JLT catch can (though knowing that the Gen 2 EB’s also have port injection I’m not sure if this is worthwhile or not)

Some questions for beyond:
    1. I have the deployable running boards and am therefore concerned about them freezing up or getting stuck, any tips on which lube to use on the pivot points? Frequency?
    2. Break-in tips? I’ve always done it by-the-book, no short trips, no WOT, no constant engine speed for long periods of time for 1000km. Then shortly thereafter do an oil change and put in synthetic oil.
    3. Heard a bit about Forscan, seems like a nice little gadget, appears to be quite similar to the obdeleven on the VW MK7 platform. Worth it? Warranty issues? This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Forscan-elm327...=forscan&psc=1
    4. Anything I should be doing or keeping an eye on?
    Well that was fast and Congrats! I have the exact same truck but in white and sometimes i wish i went leadfoot.
    1. Theres a service notice on the boards about cleaning them and greasing the joints, i think it was with lithium grease.
    2. No break in tips and ive read good and bad things about going by the book
    3. Forscan is worth it for the double horn honk alone, every morning at the kids bus stop i always forget i have the key in my pocket and when i get out it honks and i have to go and apologize to the parent in front of me that i wasnt honking at her lol
    4. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK AND DROP IT OFF AT A 3M PLACE ASAP to get the front bumper wrapped. The fords have got to have the worst front bumper paint because it chips so easy.
    5. This was the best 25 i spent yet. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Center-Conso...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr
    6. Once your trucks broken in, put it in sport mode. If you think shes fast now wait till you try sport mode, its jerky as shit but its fun for a quick run
    7. If you didnt get mats yet these are by far the nicest and best fit compared to WT's or huskys. https://www.partsengine.ca/u-guard-3...k-p-54811.aspx
    Last edited by Rocket1k78; 12-21-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    When I was looking at tonneau covers, tonneau cover dept (aka auto truck depot) had the best prices. They are local, although the website doesn't highlight that.
    They are out of business as of last month.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    They are out of business as of last month.
    wow that sucks. they were busy when I was in there, but I suppose it's a low margin business. They treated me well and I had no problem recommending them too. Darn. Oh well, there's a lot of places that sell this stuff, including my favourite tire guy. Maybe I'll see him next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

sucks. He treated me well and I had no problem recommending him too. including my favourite tire guy. Maybe I'll see him next time.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    Nah, he was nice but not as cute as my current boyfriend at CP Rail. That dude is dreamy as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

wow that sucks. they were busy when I was in there, but I suppose it's a low margin business. They treated me well and I had no problem recommending them too. Darn. Oh well, there's a lot of places that sell this stuff, including my favourite tire guy. Maybe I'll see him next time.
    Yeah no idea what happened. Got a call first thing one Monday morning that they were out of business and the keys were in the gas caps on my trucks.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Nah, he was nice but not as cute as my current boyfriend at CP Rail. That dude is dreamy as fuck.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Well that was fast and Congrats! I have the exact same truck but in white and sometimes i wish i went leadfoot.
    1. Theres a service notice on the boards about cleaning them and greasing the joints, i think it was with lithium grease.
    2. No break in tips and ive read good and bad things about going by the book
    3. Forscan is worth it for the double horn honk alone, every morning at the kids bus stop i always forget i have the key in my pocket and when i get out it honks and i have to go and apologize to the parent in front of me that i wasnt honking at her lol
    4. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK AND DROP IT OFF AT A 3M PLACE ASAP to get the front bumper wrapped. The fords have got to have the worst front bumper paint because it chips so easy.
    5. This was the best 25 i spent yet. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Center-Conso...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr
    6. Once your trucks broken in, put it in sport mode. If you think shes fast now wait till you try sport mode, its jerky as shit but its fun for a quick run
    7. If you didnt get mats yet these are by far the nicest and best fit compared to WT's or huskys. https://www.partsengine.ca/u-guard-3...k-p-54811.aspx
    Thank you so much for all the tips.

- I'll have to find said service notice
    - Oops too late haha drove it to Tint Tech immediately after picking it up. Is the rest of the paint also overly soft? That's one thing with GM's paint is it's actually quite durable.
    - I'll definitely order one of those organizer thanks for the tip
    - Already ordered some WT's

My Ride
    Canyonero

For Forscan, definitely go with the OBDLink MX. It's worth the premium, in my opinion. They occasionally pop up on kijiji.

Like Benyl & others, i now have auto-folding mirrors, disabled the double-honk on exit, enabled "secure idle" and configured it so i can lock the truck while it's running. Amongst a host of other things like TPMS, etc. I've had it in for warranty work and the dealer's never said anything (Universal).

I also have the power running boards and have had them through three winters, no issues thus far. If you find the note, I'd love to know what to use and where to put it...

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Good thing I’ve started reading this thread, I need those features for my navigator. I have obdeleven for my Audi and vw cars, and it works great.

What’s the benefit of the mx, is it just faster???

Roll-up tonneau sucks.
    Can confirm soft bumper paint

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    For Forscan, definitely go with the OBDLink MX. It's worth the premium, in my opinion. They occasionally pop up on kijiji.

Like Benyl & others, i now have auto-folding mirrors, disabled the double-honk on exit, enabled "secure idle" and configured it so i can lock the truck while it's running. Amongst a host of other things like TPMS, etc. I've had it in for warranty work and the dealer's never said anything (Universal).

I also have the power running boards and have had them through three winters, no issues thus far. If you find the note, I'd love to know what to use and where to put it...
    Oh haha that's awesome, I already have one of those I use for autocross/track days (https://www.petreldata.com/product/o...-mx-scan-tool/) so now I take it I just have to download the forscan app?

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Shaganappi GM and GM Customer Care pissed me off for the last time, so me, a longtime GM fanboy just made the switch to my first ever Ford. When I bought my 15’ Sierra three years ago we also test drove a 16’ F150 3.5 EB and did prefer it to the GM but the pricing on the GM was substantially better. 3 years later I got a smoking deal on a Lead Foot Grey 18’ 3.5EB Lariat from Advantage Ford. I absolutely love the color and the EB torque combined with the 10spd makes for a very nice driving experience. It’s got the deployable running boards and sunroof, neither of which I really wanted (would have preferred adaptive cruise instead) but oh well.

My immediate plans are:
    - Tonneau cover (hard tri-fold or hard rollup) – any suggestions on which is best and who has the best price? I didn’t mind the Undercover Flex on my GM but it did let in a good bit of water every time it rained/car wash
    - A JLT catch can (though knowing that the Gen 2 EB’s also have port injection I’m not sure if this is worthwhile or not)

Some questions for beyond:
    1. I have the deployable running boards and am therefore concerned about them freezing up or getting stuck, any tips on which lube to use on the pivot points? Frequency?
    2. Break-in tips? I’ve always done it by-the-book, no short trips, no WOT, no constant engine speed for long periods of time for 1000km. Then shortly thereafter do an oil change and put in synthetic oil.
    3. Heard a bit about Forscan, seems like a nice little gadget, appears to be quite similar to the obdeleven on the VW MK7 platform. Worth it? Warranty issues? This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Forscan-elm327...=forscan&psc=1
    4. Anything I should be doing or keeping an eye on?
    I picked up a BakFlip MX4 from Tirebob a couple weeks ago for my 2018 Lariat and he was the best price I found!

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post

What's this "secure idle"?
    How is it any different than leaving your truck running then walk out with the keys and locking it with the exterior door buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    How is it any different than leaving your truck running then walk out with the keys and locking it with the exterior door buttons?
    Not really sure what you mean but secure idle generally is the ability to take the key out of ignition but have the vehicle still running, that way no one can smash your window and drive off.

I don’t know much about the newer fords but on older fords and most cars in general the RFID tag is in the key not the FOB so you aren’t doing a damn thing to prevent theft (from anyone that really wants it) by using a manual key to start and taking your FOB with you

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Its a police package feature, so when you leave the truck with the keys in your pocket, it charge protects (you'll hear the idle wander) and the shifter will be locked in P until the key is detected (so, key+brake)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Its a police package feature, so when you leave the truck with the keys in your pocket, it charge protects (you'll hear the idle wander) and the shifter will be locked in P until the key is detected (so, key+brake)
    Now I understand.
    That's definitely a sweet feature.

Where's the best place to get a OBDLink MX?
    Amazon Canada is out of stock.

Ah you guys have “intelligent” access I’m guessing. What a horrible design that is

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Where's the best place to get a OBDLink MX?
    Amazon Canada is out of stock.
    https://www.petreldata.com/product/o...-mx-scan-tool/

Prices are in USD but the company is actually out of Vancouver. It's where I got mine.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Has anyone leveled their truck with the Fox 2.0 coilovers? I am thinking of ordering a set for the front and the matching rear shocks.

Page 83 of 257 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast