Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 257 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Default Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Thought I'd open an EcoBoost thread. I just picked up a 2011 XTR Lariat EcoBoost and am loving it.

I've started looking at some reasonable upgrades, came across this youtube video where they show a few at once...

Heart Throb Exhaust, AirRaid Intake, and a comp.

I'm tire shopping, as my unit is just finishing up its factory Pirelli Skorpions. Any suggestions for a decent set? I'd like them to be good for offroading for camping in the summer, but it'll still be onroad mileage mostly. I've been thinking of the BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA or Toyo MTs? Any thoughts?
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Re: Ford F-150 EcoBoost Thread

Originally posted by freshprince1
    Thought I'd open an EcoBoost thread. I just picked up a 2011 XTR Lariat EcoBoost and am loving it.

I've started looking at some reasonable upgrades, came across this youtube video where they show a few at once...

Heart Throb Exhaust, AirRaid Intake, and a comp.

I'm tire shopping, as my unit is just finishing up its factory Pirelli Skorpions. Any suggestions for a decent set? I'd like them to be good for offroading for camping in the summer, but it'll still be onroad mileage mostly. I've been thinking of the BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA or Toyo MTs? Any thoughts?
    I think you might be over-buying on tires. When I got my truck (23,xxx km) it had / still has BFG A/T TA and I hate them. Loud on the highway, shit in the winter / cool pavement, bad in the wet. I think they would be fine if I was on gravel roads and or mud but I'll never put these things on any truck I own. I had Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours on one of my previous trucks and REALLY like those. I've also had the Nokian Vatiiva (sp?) and I wasn't a big fan (noticeable drop in fuel milage versus the Goodyear product).
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I want the Hearthrob 3.5" dual exhaust setup. I am skipping the intake as it is not going to offer any performance improvements, but I think I will be sticking a K&N filter in the box.

Also looking at different chips / programmers. some are promising 120HP gains with a good intake and cat back system.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Now we can start talking k&n vs. MAF again!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by spikers
    I want the Hearthrob 3.5" dual exhaust setup. I am skipping the intake as it is not going to offer any performance improvements, but I think I will be sticking a K&N filter in the box.

Also looking at different chips / programmers. some are promising 120HP gains with a good intake and cat back system.

Subscribed, I'm looking at buying myself a 2011/12 fx4 in August.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ercchry

I know I contradicted myself, but it is more because I am confused myself. Everyone says that a CAI isn't going to get me any more power, and has better potential to rob power. But then these same people say that a good CAI will boost power...I dunno...

Then like that video shows a CAI and cat back and some decent gains, so I got no clue, but I am tending to believe that a CAI is of little, if any, benefit.

I am still researching it, so my opinion is still not formed on the CAI side, however, these programmers and such are all basing their numbers with a CAI, so who knows...not I.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

CAI would be just an extension of the same diameter with a new filter to relocated where air is being pulled from... a new intake... from throttle body to filter will change how efficiently you draw in air... coupled with the tune (since you will be probably increasing tube diameter) will increase power... more air in, more air out... more power... well, more efficient engine... which shows as more power on the dyno

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Back to the tires, I've had great luck with the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor. It handles dirt and snow pretty well. It's not a true off-road or MT tire, but for me, a great choice when the majority of the miles will be on pavement. Some trucks come with Wrangler SRA tires from the factory. Those are junk on loose surfaces, purely a pavement/mileage tire.
    I've heard good things about the BFG AT Revo, but I've never driven that tire.

As for the other "upgrades" I think there is limed meat on that bone. All these videos and reviews are from people who make a living selling you aftermarket parts. I like Stacey David, but it's not an unbiased opinion.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 03-26-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

As for the other "upgrades" I think there is limed meat on that bone. All these videos and reviews are from people who make a living selling you aftermarket parts. I like Stacey David, but it's not an unbiased opinion.
    its a turbo motor... make it breath and crank the boost. thats what they are doing... its been proven over and over again with... uh... every turbo car ever

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

I've heard good things about the BFG AT Revo, but I've never driven that tire.
    I run these on my Titan, good overall tire, similar to what you are running, my only complaint is they dont last long.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Originally posted by redline

I run these on my Titan, good overall tire, similar to what you are running, my only complaint is they dont last long.
    I had them last time , now I have the general grabber at2 which seems better and longer lasting. A lot more quiet too.
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride

Originally posted by spikers

Just ordered the HeartThrob Exhaust. Shipping to MT, as we'll be there next week. $570 including shipping. Looking forward to it!!
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by freshprince1

Just ordered the HeartThrob Exhaust. Shipping to MT, as we'll be there next week. $570 including shipping. Looking forward to it!!
    /jealous
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

For tires that you want for all seasons, there is only one way to go on a truck; Michelin LTX MS or MS/2.

They are the tire of all tires for all around overall use. Good grip, quiet, amazing wear, and useful year round.

My Ride

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    For tires that you want for all seasons, there is only one way to go on a truck; Michelin LTX MS or MS/2.

They are the tire of all tires for all around overall use. Good grip, quiet, amazing wear, and useful year round.
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions on tires. Will probably pick some up in July when we head down to MT.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

I run toyo open country a/t on my titan, good all season tire and they have a good wear life so far! I got them from Bob at Urban-X!

ps, nice truck I will be in the market for a new one come fall, I'll be following this thread for updates! Anyone I have talked to with an eco boost loves them and so far from what I have seen even guys with 100k + on the odometer haven't had any issues!

My Ride

Picked up the Heart Throb Exhaust over the weekend. Now just need to get it installed.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride

Installed the Heart Throb Exhaust with a buddy's help last night. It went on pretty easy, took about 2.5 hours. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off.

Initial impressions are great. It sounds good. Looks fine...it's not "showy". It's actually one of the reasons I like this system; it's not very flashy, it's totally utilitarian.

I took some video's to record the before and after exhaust notes. I'll try to get them online soon. And, I can't wait to get it on the open road (in a safe area) and test out the performance! (while staying within the legal limits of course).
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Page 1 of 257 1 2 11 ... LastLast