Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 248 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 238 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 5159

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People are really excited to accept anecdotes that confirm their already-formed opinions. I don't stress about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    People are really excited to accept anecdotes that confirm their already-formed opinions. I don't stress about it.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again."

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

In my case, i had heard about the poor quality on Ford products. Now that I own one, I get to experience it first hand!

Front diff hard part failure at 30k? Totally normal.

Right?
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Cayman

Every time I pop into this thread I am just in awe as to how awesome owning these blue oval trucks sounds

I first hand see and deal with tons of problems on my employers fleet of 2022 - 2023 super duty and f150s and despite my experience and reading everyone else's problems on this thread weekly I am going in on a 2023 Lariat. My wife asked why another ford if your 2018 lariat was a POS and most of your work trucks are POS's? Told my wife that having a headache F150 is still better than owning a good dodge ram. As ES says dont stress and roll the dice... maybe you will be the lucky guy that gets the 1 in 10 problem free F150 lol

Btw is there a consensus on beyond to which engine between the 3.5 eco, 3.5 hybrid or the 5.0 is the least problematic? I only have 3.5 eco F150s and 7.3 F350s so i dont have any experiance on the other two engines
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 09-21-2023 at 04:57 PM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Everything has problems, nothing is perfect. I’ve had Rams with random noisy lifters, and 8 speed trans issues. I still have one with inoperative power locks and windows from early this year that’s annoying this shit out of me. I’ve had a 8 speed in a GM catastrophically fail on me while I was towing a car.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    I first hand see and deal with tons of problems on my employers fleet of 2022 - 2023 super duty and f150s and despite my experience and reading everyone else's problems on this thread weekly I am going in on a 2023 Lariat. My wife asked why another ford if your 2018 lariat was a POS and most of your work trucks are POS's? Told my wife that having a headache F150 is still better than owning a good dodge ram. As ES says dont stress and roll the dice... maybe you will be the lucky guy that gets the 1 in 10 problem free F150 lol

Btw is there a consensus on beyond to which engine between the 3.5 eco, 3.5 hybrid or the 5.0 is the least problematic? I only have 3.5 eco F150s and 7.3 F350s so i dont have any experiance on the other two engines
    I think the Coyote is the least problematic as its been around the longest. But I have a soft spot for the Ecoboost and would definitely get another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post

I am in my first ford and first eco … 45k so far had a problem with a taillight and a seat cool fan … other than that smooth sailing …. Would purchase again

On a hybrid I would wait till gen 15.

For those who care about my ongoing front end issue...

Gear and pinion assembly were replaced along with the carrier bearing and crown gear. They also found that the teeth on the actuators and hubs were both badly worn so they replaced both of those as well.

Drove without issue for about 30 min, then the grinding noise came back... Honestly thought they had nailed down the issue this time so a little lost as to what is actually going on

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by oster View Post
    For those who care about my ongoing front end issue...

Gear and pinion assembly were replaced along with the carrier bearing and crown gear. They also found that the teeth on the actuators and hubs were both badly worn so they replaced both of those as well.

Drove without issue for about 30 min, then the grinding noise came back... Honestly thought they had nailed down the issue this time so a little lost as to what is actually going on
    Have they replaced the IWE solenoids and plastic lines? Seems like vacuum leaks are a common cause of hub failures.

TSB 22-2219 was done a while ago and i believe that includes the lines and solenoids. They did vacuum test the lines and said they are holding pressure, tested the solenoid and its also switching properly

My Ride
    Trucks

I have no other suggestions then, other than maybe leave it running with the keys in it in Forest Lawn.

haha pretty much

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Another recall for F150. This time for wire harness rubbing on rear axle leading to parking brake fail/application. Lovely. No fix. Lol.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Another recall for F150. This time for wire harness rubbing on rear axle leading to parking brake fail/application. Lovely. No fix. Lol.
    What do you mean no fix … they have zip ties and tape to deal with the issue

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I think the Coyote is the least problematic as its been around the longest. But I have a soft spot for the Ecoboost and would definitely get another one.
    The Coyote and Ecoboost came out at the same time in the F150. Both have been out for almost 15 years, and both have regressed a little bit. The new Coyote is a disaster, but the gen 2 in my 2016 has been great.
    Last edited by ShermanEF9; 10-06-2023 at 08:53 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

On the FTE forums, there are a bunch of old dudes who claim that "a V8 is less complex and more reliable than a turbo V6" which is factually false.

The last 15 years of NA V8 truck engines from all manufacturers, have lots of issues, same as the turbo V6's.

I've never seen statistics that I found credible that showed either engine type was notably more reliable.

The GMC 5.3L had major ongoing issues. The Coyote did for a while too.

I like the EcoBoost, I like low Rpm torque. I dunno if we can ever resolve the puke of feelings masquerading as reliability data.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

On the FTE forums, there are a bunch of old dudes who claim that "a V8 is less complex and more reliable than a turbo V6" which is factually false.

The last 15 years of NA V8 truck engines from all manufacturers, have lots of issues, same as the turbo V6's.

I've never seen statistics that I found credible that showed either engine type was notably more reliable.

The GMC 5.3L had major ongoing issues. The Coyote did for a while too.

I like the EcoBoost, I like low Rpm torque. I dunno if we can ever resolve the puke of feelings masquerading as reliability data.
    This is all correct for the f150. The HD V8s are different, maybe that’s where the forum folks get their opinions as ford also agreed that the pushrod Godzilla is more reliable and simpler than a TT configuration.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sure, but to take that an extrapolate coyote reliability from Godzilla design philosophy, is kinda weird.

For platforms where you can buy either type, I would love to see data that shows any differential in reliability.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I couldn't stop myself, bought another set of 18 inch lariat rims today. Matches my other "spare" set of rims.Name:  PXL_20231008_162543993.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  350.6 KB
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 10-08-2023 at 11:26 AM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

How many sets do you have… how much for these ones ?

Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 238 247 248 249 ... LastLast