Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 250 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 250 of 259 FirstFirst ... 240 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 5162

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, sold the 20s from my truck. Feel pretty good about swapping to wheels I like better with tires that are in better shape and pocketing a buncha cash.

Calling that a win.
    If you like them better that is a big win , I like the look of the 20s better but I like the fuel economy of the 18s

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, I may be a weirdo for liking smaller rims, but I can accept that.

I also kinda like having two sets of identical rims stead if two different ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    06 S2000

I like the aftermarket 17s I have over the stock 20s, but I also don't want to sell the 20s.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yeah, I may be a weirdo for liking smaller rims, but I can accept that.

I also kinda like having two sets of identical rims stead if two different ones.
    On a truck 18’s are the correct choice for all reasons.

Especially with 33’s
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Lariat

I love the look of the 20s on my 2018. The summer rubber is getting close to being done though so in the spring I'm hoping to buy a nice set of take-offs for cheap and then I will have two sets of wheels/tires. No more getting the rubber swapped over twice a year
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    I love the look of the 20s on my 2018. The summer rubber is getting close to being done though so in the spring I'm hoping to buy a nice set of take-offs for cheap and then I will have two sets of wheels/tires. No more getting the rubber swapped over twice a year
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/albe...5930865156409/

This is not bad of a deal for 20s

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Lots for sale right now. If you see what you want, jump on em.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

its coming up to another truck time... and I for one haven't gone through nearly as many f150 as most here

I have a tendency to sweat my assets and both my lifestyle and my kids are reasons why... Its nice to have a truck that you can treat like a truck.

Being a 2014 with 260K (mostly highway)... I've not had alot of issues, but I do know that I will probably have to do a few things soon: IWEs, rear shackles, maybe some shocks and have not had major issues other than: Oil cooler return line from the turbo and my brake lines rusting out on the frame (not good)

My 1st gen ecoboost is good, and only am starting to get the cold start rattle if it sits over 24h when its cold and even then, only for a second... I do now start it by holding down the throttle to get it to spin up some oil pressure first. It is likely I'll have to do the timing chain, but also am considering maybe... just replace the motor with a reman'd one with the timing chains done and bolt over the components... or replace it?

I am a reliability guy first. It needs to be able to get me home/back on my trips out and in the brush. IMO... the latest in F150s have seem to have issues with the 2nd gen 3.5s, and some odd issues with the 2.7... and maybe less with the 5.0, but still... also heard the 10R80's are also hit and missin both the F150 and ranger.

I don't want the older 5.7 Tundra, but if I look at the reliability of my friend's trucks... and lack of repairs/let alone major ones... it almost negates the fuel economy differences. With that said, I know there are issues with the hemi, and GM motors as well... with maybe the exception of the 3.0 duramax, which seemingly appears to be the best half ton motor to-date.

anyways just an observation

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    its coming up to another truck time... and I for one haven't gone through nearly as many f150 as most here

I have a tendency to sweat my assets and both my lifestyle and my kids are reasons why... Its nice to have a truck that you can treat like a truck.

Being a 2014 with 260K (mostly highway)... I've not had alot of issues, but I do know that I will probably have to do a few things soon: IWEs, rear shackles, maybe some shocks and have not had major issues other than: Oil cooler return line from the turbo and my brake lines rusting out on the frame (not good)

My 1st gen ecoboost is good, and only am starting to get the cold start rattle if it sits over 24h when its cold and even then, only for a second... I do now start it by holding down the throttle to get it to spin up some oil pressure first. It is likely I'll have to do the timing chain, but also am considering maybe... just replace the motor with a reman'd one with the timing chains done and bolt over the components... or replace it?

I am a reliability guy first. It needs to be able to get me home/back on my trips out and in the brush. IMO... the latest in F150s have seem to have issues with the 2nd gen 3.5s, and some odd issues with the 2.7... and maybe less with the 5.0, but still... also heard the 10R80's are also hit and missin both the F150 and ranger.

I don't want the older 5.7 Tundra, but if I look at the reliability of my friend's trucks... and lack of repairs/let alone major ones... it almost negates the fuel economy differences. With that said, I know there are issues with the hemi, and GM motors as well... with maybe the exception of the 3.0 duramax, which seemingly appears to be the best half ton motor to-date.

anyways just an observation
    the current gen 3.5 are pretty solid, lot of the issues are gone...

the current 2,7L have a valve issue that was just recalled ... the valves harden and drop into the pistons ...

The vast majority of 10r80 issues are software and getting fixed.

the duramax is my fav engine right now, my business partner has a very early 23 and it had a bunch of sensor issues out of the gate but has been solid overall.

the toyotas ride like shit and get terrible milage
    Last edited by redline; 10-24-2023 at 05:46 PM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    the current gen 3.5 are pretty solid, lot of the issues are gone...

the current 2,7L have a value issue that was just recalled ... the values harden and drop into the pistons ...

The vast majority of 10r80 issues are software and getting fixed.

the duramax is my fav engine right now, my business partner has a very early 23 and it had a bunch of sensor issues out of the gate but has been solid overall.

the toyotas ride like shit and get terrible milage
    But but but... Ford's are reliable! but! fuck!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Why ford why … to get max tow you are now forced to get smart hitch ….

But on the ota side of things I am on 6.2.0 … and people are starting to 6.4.0

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

So they ended up replacing the iwe's on my 21 lariat. Tech says they were "falling apart" when he removed them. 40k kms
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    So they ended up replacing the iwe's on my 21 lariat. Tech says they were "falling apart" when he removed them. 40k kms
    You must have been brazen enough to use 4wd once in those 40k. That's abuse, shame on you. Shame.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I thought the 4A button was the heated seat "4 ass" button so it stayed on consistently
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

Loaner for a week. test drive for the Herald. without a home charger, range anxiety is a thing. loses about 25km of range sitting out overnight and it's not overally cold out yet. but just as fast as the Trackhawk (typical electric car in that sense).
    Name:  IMG_6047.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  252.4 KB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can you slow charge overnight with 120V 15A circuit? Would be interesting if that "gets ahead" much or not. Considering most vehicles sit at home for 12 hours a day. Have you been using the bluecruise much? You should post an opinion on that.

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

Can you slow charge overnight with 120V 15A circuit? Would be interesting if that "gets ahead" much or not. Considering most vehicles sit at home for 12 hours a day. Have you been using the bluecruise much? You should post an opinion on that.
    i've got it below in our parkade charging on a 120V circuit right now. the dash told me it'll be 90% charged if i leave it there til wednesday at 1am. i laughed.....the only Level 2 charger here has two reserved 24/hr stalls (and they don't mean reserved for electric cars - some big wig is so important that he paid to reserve them both).
    haven't had the change to use blue cruise yet ( in fact , just noticed it on way in today to work). i will definitely try out all of the toys. i'll leave some impressions after Friday when i'm done with it.

It's fun, but more of a toy than a truck (ok, i guess you say the same about my Raptor lol).

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Maybe extraslow can pull his trailer out of storage and do a tow test up and down Deerfoot to see what it does for range …

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Don't threaten @ExtraSlow with a good time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm available and interested.

Page 250 of 259 FirstFirst ... 240 249 250 251 ... LastLast