Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 113 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 113 of 257 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 10 speed is a great transmission yes.
    One big change I found from my current 19 to my previous EB is the Sport mode. it makes a huge difference in how the truck performs. Haven't used the winter mode or ECO mode but the tow and sport are awesome. Especially with the stage 3 package!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

More gears is best gears. FACT.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    More gears is best gears. FACT.
    The biggest convincing factor for me is effective final drive with the 10 speed compared to a higher ratio rear end with the old transmissions.

End of the day my 3.23 rear end had better final drive ratios with the 10 speed than the old 3.73 rear ends with the old 6 speed.

That speaks volumes (I’m also not talking about an F150 here so not sure how the final drive math works out on the fords, I know my final drive was better than my brothers 3.73 1st gen F150 so that’s all that mattered to me lol)
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    golfR

So my '17 is most likely written off due to the hail over the weekend.
    It was a Lariat with 502A, sport appearance pacakge, 3.5L, 3.55 locking diff, and pano roof.
    Would be looking at getting the same for a 2020 plus maybe the 360 camera.
    How do I find out the dealer cost? Is carcostcanada still a thing or are there better alternatives now?
    Bought mine from Woodridge but I'll shop around and even go out of town if there's better deals to be had.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

CCC is still a thing but the second you order the report your contact info goes out to a dealer. I received a phone call from sales within 45 seconds last summer. Benefit is it’s free.

Still valuable.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

If you'd like, here is my strategy.

Spend hours going over each dealer's site in Alberta. Get a general idea on pricing foe the option level of truck you want. Some dealers always list at msrp, others list at msrp-incentives, others will actually be a bit lower.

Then call a dealer, any dealer, with a comparable truck (or start with the one at the lowest price).

Always tell them you arent sure if financing or paying cash.

Lay it all out, nice and simple. "I found this similiar truck here for $X. Here is an incentive you won't give me that you should"

Incentives they will try and not give you:

First responder (that is a direct Ford incentive, if you have a first responder in the household or nurse, you get $1k additional incentive).

The $750 "seal the deal"

Then at the end of your figuring in the email, give them a number. Make them work UP. Do not work down. This is a rock bottom price. Not unreasonable, but unlikely they will take.

So now you have a guaranteed price you will be thrilled to get, and you know comparable prices at other dealers that you can tell the sales guy "Ok, I'll just go get this exact one I want for the same price".

Then negotiate.

And be prepared to walk if you aren't getting anywhere. I got the demo down to $39.5k+gst, waiting on estimate for trade-in. Still think it should be $38k, but it is now cheaper than any comparable and it does have a spray in bedliner.

Of course, I found my perfect truck, but its a 2019 and they want too much:

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

In addition to the CCC, check your prices against Marlborough Ford AND anyone advertising in the Friday edition of the Calgary Sun. Those at least give you solid data points to start discussions with your preferred dealer.

If anyone is selling a hail damaged Max tow, call me.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    And be prepared to walk if you aren't getting anywhere.
    This is the most important thing.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I have had 3 F150s in the last 8 years, and ALL of them had the 3.5L. Only my 2019 had the 10 speed. Besides recalls, I haven't had any issues with either the engine or transmission.

The 3.5L and cab space are the biggest 2 reasons why I have kept buying them. The other brands can't touch them in that regard. I like Ford, but I am not a fanboi. Every time I bought a truck, I went and checked out the other offerings first, and still stuck with the F150, although the last time I was >< that close to buying a dodge until Ford finally played ball with me.
    I was >< last summer to a 2.7 EB 502A Lariat. Actually was at dealer about to sign. Waited around for 1.5 hours while the guy helped someone else even though I had an appt. Left there and my ADD kicked in and walked into a Chrysler dealer. Got a Wrangler instead haha. FCA lease math is shocking. With all the experience I have doing this stuff, I was off by close to a $100 a month on the good side for my deal. So yeah I can see them doing some insane deals on Rams if you really push them.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    One big change I found from my current 19 to my previous EB is the Sport mode. it makes a huge difference in how the truck performs. Haven't used the winter mode or ECO mode but the tow and sport are awesome. Especially with the stage 3 package!
    I have a '19 2.7 crew cab. Putting it in sport mode is pure fun.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Any of you guys that have 2017 - 2019 F150s with Eco Boost boost engines reach 130,000 km yet? I was speaking with the Emkay service help desk today and they were telling me how they have tons of F150 in the US and Canada, with timing chain failures currently costing their customers $6k - $7k to repair. All of the failures on their leased vehicles have come between 120,000 - 140,000 km.

Thank goodness that my personal truck is at 40k km and still with warranty as my 2nd timing chain is starting to rattling again. The 2 work F150s that I am have in the fleet are at 30k km and 60k km and so far they are doing well on their original timing chains.
    I think there was some minor revision change they made for anything that left the factory after July 10th, 2018 based on what I read on the F150 forums, the issues on those trucks seem less prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
    I have a '19 2.7 crew cab. Putting it in sport mode is pure fun.
    x3 for Sport mode, shouldn't be this much fun driving a full size pickup

Spend hours going over each dealer's site in Alberta. Get a general idea on pricing foe the option level of truck you want. Some dealers always list at msrp, others list at msrp-incentives, others will actually be a bit lower.

Then call a dealer, any dealer, with a comparable truck (or start with the one at the lowest price).

Lay it all out, nice and simple. "I found this similiar truck here for $X. Here is an incentive you won't give me that you should"

First responder (that is a direct Ford incentive, if you have a first responder in the household or nurse, you get $1k additional incentive).

The $750 "seal the deal"

Then at the end of your figuring in the email, give them a number. Make them work UP. Do not work down. This is a rock bottom price. Not unreasonable, but unlikely they will take.

So now you have a guaranteed price you will be thrilled to get, and you know comparable prices at other dealers that you can tell the sales guy "Ok, I'll just go get this exact one I want for the same price".

Then negotiate.

And be prepared to walk if you aren't getting anywhere. I got the demo down to $39.5k+gst, waiting on estimate for trade-in. Still think it should be $38k, but it is now cheaper than any comparable and it does have a spray in bedliner.

Why don't you draft up a big email with everything you are looking for.
    Send out to any and all dealerships in a 500+km radius, mention travel is not a problem and you're ready to sign today.
    Whoever gets back to you with the best OTD price will get your business.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

The $750 "seal the deal"

Then negotiate.

This thread might help in the seal the deal.

I didn’t think it was usable unless you had the PIN from it.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/412...hlight=Darkane
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Why don't you draft up a big email with everything you are looking for.
    I tried that, didn't really work. A lot of the dealers don't post email addresses.

A small update. Just got an offer today, a 2020 truck that is still on the train so no dealer accessories. $40.5k+gst on a supercab xlt 302a with sport package, black sport interior/center console, and trailer tow mirrors.

We'll see if they try and screw the deal around, but I'm working with the fleet manager who my buddy recommended, seems a straight shooter.

I tried that, didn't really work. A lot of the dealers don't post email addresses.
    I tried that too and not one guy in Calgary wanted to deal. I posted the ad with the details from the edmonton dealer and nobody would come close to the price. I was about to head to edmonton but a friend referred me to cam clark and they hooked me up
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

A small update. Just got an offer today, a 2020 truck that is still on the train so no dealer accessories. $40.5k+gst on a supercab xlt 302a with sport package, black sport interior/center console, and trailer tow mirrors.

We'll see if they try and screw the deal around, but I'm working with the fleet manager who my buddy recommended, seems a straight shooter.
    So new deals out on 19th.

https://www.marlboroughford.com/vehi...ab-id-33722684

$12,600 off on this XLT300A. Looks like Marlborough is doing big discounts on top of rebates. I'm sure other dealers are too. $39,000 for this one.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Marlborough is the best for being honest about discounts.
    Final price is similar, but Marlborough is fastest to get there.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Marlborough is the best for being honest about discounts.
    Final price is similar, but Marlborough is fastest to get there.
    Yep. There’s still $1500 to go on that one until invoice.

Then depending on the time of the lot, 2% holdback.

If they’re desperate to sell and it’s fresh on the lot, you could do another ~2500 off that price.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    So new deals out on 19th.

https://www.marlboroughford.com/vehi...ab-id-33722684

$12,600 off on this XLT300A. Looks like Marlborough is doing big discounts on top of rebates. I'm sure other dealers are too. $39,000 for this one.
    Do similar discounts apply to the Lariat 502A as well?
    I'll start contacting dealerships this week for a 2019/2020 replacement to my 2017.

How should I go on about negotiating prices based on these new discounts?
    (Invoice + dealer profit+PDI/delivery)-manufacturer rebates?

Also, if any body has contacts at dealerships around Calgary or Edmonton shoot me a pm.

Thank you.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    Do similar discounts apply to the Lariat 502A as well?
    I'll start contacting dealerships this week for a 2019/2020 replacement to my 2017.

How should I go on about negotiating prices based on these new discounts?
    (Invoice + dealer profit+PDI/delivery)-manufacturer rebates?

Also, if any body has contacts at dealerships around Calgary or Edmonton shoot me a pm.

Thank you.
    PM'd

Page 113 of 257 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 123 ... LastLast