Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 89 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 89 of 257 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Last edited by TurboMedic; 06-13-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Im looking for a weekend hauler to pull a fifth wheel since i have the BMW for my primary driver now. Truck i found is high mileage (400k) for a 2011. Is this crazy for for the 6.7L? Its priced pretty good and my gut tells me these powerstrokes should be good for a half million. Chassis is in excellent shape and always dealer maintained.

Im new to ford so im not sure if this is a ticking time bomb or would be a great buy for just a trailer hauler.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You'd want careful maintenance records for that truck, but by itself, high mileage isn't a deal-breaker for any motor, especially if it's stock and not fucked-around with via tunes and bulllshit"upgrades". You should be getting a decent discount for that, and setting some money aside for wear items.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You'd want careful maintenance records for that truck, but by itself, high mileage isn't a deal-breaker for any motor, especially if it's stock and not fucked-around with via tunes and bulllshit"upgrades". You should be getting a decent discount for that, and setting some money aside for wear items.
    Truck was deleted after warranty but is otherwise stock. This would mean a flash of some sort but it was owned by hutterites so i dont see them running a +100 tune lol. The price is definitely right for sure and will be completely inspected before purchase.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Looks like Ford is opening up the availability of the diesel F150 to lower trim levels. Now available in XLT and above.

Anyone driven this engine? Sounds decent and always nice to have options.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Im looking for a weekend hauler to pull a fifth wheel since i have the BMW for my primary driver now. Truck i found is high mileage (400k) for a 2011. Is this crazy for for the 6.7L? Its priced pretty good and my gut tells me these powerstrokes should be good for a half million. Chassis is in excellent shape and always dealer maintained.

Im new to ford so im not sure if this is a ticking time bomb or would be a great buy for just a trailer hauler.
    i've read that the 2011 model year 6.7's had issues with bad valve trains and turbos but anything after that should be solid. alot of people upgrade the turbos to a 2015 model which is supposed to be much more reliable. deleting all the emissions junk will definitely extend engine life.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Anybody familiar with troubleshooting SCT programmers? I have a GTX that just started to act up. Got the truck returned to stock with no issues, but when trying to update the tune file it never makes it to the tuning stage and just gives a can't process file error. Firmware is up to date, still indicates its married to the truck, factory reset and all

EDIT; resolved. Had to have derive push a new firmware to it
    I've been so on the fence with a tuner, are you noticing substantial gains with just pump gas?

Looks like Ford is opening up the availability of the diesel F150 to lower trim levels. Now available in XLT and above.

Anyone driven this engine? Sounds decent and always nice to have options.
    Unless you're logging a ton of miles, plan to keep this for a long time and you're an old guy who used to own a diesel this truck is not for you. Its going to take many moons to break even once you factor in the cost to buy the motor and the cost to maintain it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

I forget
    Last edited by TurboMedic; 06-13-2019 at 04:10 PM.

So overall my 2014 XLT XTR Ecoscrew tow package has been running okay for the last 5 years with no major issues other than a sweating rear main and diff seal, which was done by warranty.

I think drilling the I/C early, keeping a 6K full synthetic oil change with only the FL500S filter, keeping on the consumables (air filter and PCV vale) has kept the engine running well. I do keep changing the plugs routinely as well I change my trans fluid every 70 (same with Diffs)

Talking to a friend at our campsite, he has a 2012 Ecoscrew FX4 that is his work vehicle with 278K with no preventive maintenance... just routine scheduled, and 10K km oil change intervals. He did drill his IC a year back because he did get that issue where things were sucked in, fouling the plugs. With the Gen 1 3.5L motor, he's said there have been a number of trucks in the fleet well over 600K without any significant engine issues, some of them are for Sales people who by no means are gentle or stick to a proper maintenance routine.

If this is true? <shrug>me</shrug> but I guess its possible that these 14th Gen Ecoboost (g1 3.5) aren't as bad as the issues that were surfaced.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    So overall my 2014 XLT XTR Ecoscrew tow package has been running okay for the last 5 years with no major issues other than a sweating rear main and diff seal, which was done by warranty.

I think drilling the I/C early, keeping a 6K full synthetic oil change with only the FL500S filter, keeping on the consumables (air filter and PCV vale) has kept the engine running well. I do keep changing the plugs routinely as well I change my trans fluid every 70 (same with Diffs)

Talking to a friend at our campsite, he has a 2012 Ecoscrew FX4 that is his work vehicle with 278K with no preventive maintenance... just routine scheduled, and 10K km oil change intervals. He did drill his IC a year back because he did get that issue where things were sucked in, fouling the plugs. With the Gen 1 3.5L motor, he's said there have been a number of trucks in the fleet well over 600K without any significant engine issues, some of them are for Sales people who by no means are gentle or stick to a proper maintenance routine.

If this is true? <shrug>me</shrug> but I guess its possible that these 14th Gen Ecoboost (g1 3.5) aren't as bad as the issues that were surfaced.
    Yah I don't think they are. I've heard a couple with the cold start chain rattle but otherwise they run good. Phasers and coilpacks like all the rest of them.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I think I am swapping my truck out here, and it sounds like they are gonna send my truck down to Texas and they are not interested in my studded winter tires on OEM rims with TPMS. Anyone interested in a cheap winter setup that were only used for 1 season?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I think I am swapping my truck out here, and it sounds like they are gonna send my truck down to Texas and they are not interested in my studded winter tires on OEM rims with TPMS. Anyone interested in a cheap winter setup that were only used for 1 season?
    Sell it on Kijiji at the end of September. You'll make good cash.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Sell it on Kijiji at the end of September. You'll make good cash.
    I would, but I don't want to store all these tires until then. I would rather just hook one of you guys up with a smoking deal.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm still in my chebby this year. Maybe Ford next year.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

What size?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    What size?
    18" rims, stock tire size. If you want the exact tire size I can pop out to the garage to check.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

My blower motor in my 15 navigator was making a really loud deep noise, sounded like it was due for replacement. Called ford to see if I still have warranty on it, of course it’s 6 months late. So I dug into it was super easy to get too. Turns out a little 2” square of plastic bag material got in there and was making the noise. Thought the bearing was going or something, nice to be able to get I. There my self and fix it.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

18" rims, stock tire size. If you want the exact tire size I can pop out to the garage to check.
    Price? I'm interested.

I'm also interested!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Price? I'm interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    I'm also interested!
    Sorry guys, Ford finally decided to play ball with me and give me a fair trade on my truck, so I bought a new 2019 F150, but a Lariat this time. Since my winter setup works just fine with the new truck, i am just gonna keep em.
    Name:  20190612_193700.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  80.0 KB
    Name:  20190612_193352.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  63.8 KB
    Name:  64345641_887078938304346_3238632149816967168_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  84.1 KB

Having said that, the new truck has the bigger box, so I have to get a new Tonneau cover, so my 5'5" Backflip G2 is up for grabs. Retails for $1200 or so, willing to sell it for $500.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Page 89 of 257 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast