Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 58 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 58 of 258 FirstFirst ... 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5144

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just did a 2,750km trip over the weekend to yellowstone and then idaho for the eclipse.

30 hours and 15 minutes of driving. (AVG of 123 km/h that included idling at the border crossings)
    13.9 L/100km on the dash.
    Hours of driving locked at 142 km/h going up and down mountain hills.

3.5L ecoboost in a 2017 Expedition limited with 6 people and gear (my guess is 800lbs of payload).

I'm impressed. Might have to get a new truck sooner rather than later.
    30 hrs of driving, for the eclipse? Got some pictures to share?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Not sure if the right thread but dropped my fiesta off for a service and a few little things. Flashed valet tune on my accessport and took the accessport with me. Picked up the car and someone took the obd cable out of my car. First tech says it was still in there, subsequent ones says it wasn't there. No one seems to know where it went and they're 'looking for it' ... which basically means it was likely stolen, waiting to hear back.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before? 100$ to replace isn't cheap.

Edit: The cable was still in the OBD port and routed through the molding in the door (granted not super stealthy as I was procrastinating taking things fully apart to make it cleaner).

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Someone nabbed it. Never leave anything of value in your vehicle when it goes to the dealer.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Someone nabbed it. Never leave anything of value in your vehicle when it goes to the dealer.
    Thats why I took the accessport. I never thought someone would pull the cable out (also didn't realize the cable was that much)...

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Thats why I took the accessport. I never thought someone would pull the cable out (also didn't realize the cable was that much)...
    They probably hooked up the Ford scan equipment to the port and had to pull the cable. Likely didn't get put back...I'd assume that before theft but you never know.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    They probably hooked up the Ford scan equipment to the port and had to pull the cable. Likely didn't get put back...I'd assume that before theft but you never know.
    It was routed through the molding in the pillar, someoned pulled it out. And I talked with the techs that worked on my car, none of them hooked up to it for anything. The first one that did the oil change said it was still there, the other ones that did subsequent work (cabin air filter + some a/c diagnosis) said there was no cable in the car.

On a funner note:

Ford australia just announced the new Ford Ranger Raptor for 2018. Theres a prototype testing video in the link

https://www.ford.com.au/commercial/r..._0013_FB_00041
    Last edited by pheoxs; 09-07-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Talking to the dealership about a 2018 3.5 EB. I'll be selling my cummins shortly and I'm considering the F150 as a replacement since I no longer have a trailer.

I want the option of getting a trailer again in the future, but probably lighter, and we still have all the other camping gear so tenting it and packing up everything including firewood is likely to happen...which rules out a SUV like a 4Runner.

Anyway, mixed reviews on here of 5.0 vs 3.5 so what's the general thought on the 2018's in this regard?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am all in on the 3.5L EB. Its been awesome for me, and done everything i have asked it to. The only thing that is going to persuade me to move away from it is how the 2018 diesel performs.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Talking to the dealership about a 2018 3.5 EB. I'll be selling my cummins shortly and I'm considering the F150 as a replacement since I no longer have a trailer.

I want the option of getting a trailer again in the future, but probably lighter, and we still have all the other camping gear so tenting it and packing up everything including firewood is likely to happen...which rules out a SUV like a 4Runner.

Anyway, mixed reviews on here of 5.0 vs 3.5 so what's the general thought on the 2018's in this regard?
    I'm sort of looking at half tons again. Interested if you've considered the Ram since you're coming from that brand, or the Silverado? Or are you just looking at F-150s. From what I've seen there are no 5.0 V8s on the lots yet, just the Ecoboosts and the new 3.3 V6.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I like the changes to the bumper and grille surround on the 2018 model year. Looks more polished than 2015-2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    On a funner note:

Ford australia just announced the new Ford Ranger Raptor for 2018. Theres a prototype testing video in the link

https://www.ford.com.au/commercial/r..._0013_FB_00041
    Woohooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    I'm sort of looking at half tons again. Interested if you've considered the Ram since you're coming from that brand, or the Silverado? Or are you just looking at F-150s. From what I've seen there are no 5.0 V8s on the lots yet, just the Ecoboosts and the new 3.3 V6.
    I'm not a big GM fan since spending $6k on a Buick Enclave that was barely past warranty, especially when they said "yea, they all do this" but without a recall of any kind. Not only that, but I could feel the suspension going on it at that time so I sold it before anything else happened.

For Dodge, I like the Cummins, but not a fan of Dodge overall. I bought my truck very specifically when we weren't doing so well financially. I wanted something I could get for under $15k that would last a long time and I could maintain myself and sell for close to the same amount years later. It's been a great truck, but the previous owner replaced the transmission, I've replaced every U-Joint, the front end, along with loads of other non-mechanical work. It's rusting and overall I don't like how it's weathered (body rust) through it's 10 years of existence. I just spent $4k on brakes, front end, etc which is expected). It's still a fun drive though, previous owner put all kinds of performance upgrades in it and I get 14L/100km in the city.

Honestly, I'd get a Tundra if they actually did something to fix fuel economy. I'm a little wary of anything domestic at this point but I think the F150 is a good compromise, and with the 10 speed on it's second year I feel better about the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I am all in on the 3.5L EB. Its been awesome for me, and done everything i have asked it to. The only thing that is going to persuade me to move away from it is how the 2018 diesel performs.
    Would you buy 1st gen of the diesel? Or wait for the early adopters to work out the issues?
    Last edited by syscal; 09-14-2017 at 10:19 PM.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    So I grabbed a OBDLINK MX wifi for shits and giggles. Mostly to figure out why my reverse sensor and reverse camera are flaking out.

Buddy has a 2017. Says there is some BS where the rear door don't auto unlock on his crew cab. I haven't witnessed it, but have you guys experienced it? He asking if forscan can make it so all doors auto unlock.
    Press and hold the unlock button until the lights blink once or something like that....10 seconds or so. THat should do global unlock

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Having been drawn into a small diesel before, and having owned one, I wouldn't again. Cost of entry, cost of maintenance, and the emissions neutering and subsequent problems due to complexity will forever keep me out of the small diesel camp. Its just not worth it
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Would you buy 1st gen of the diesel? Or wait for the early adopters to work out the issues?
    Honestly, I am usually the latter. But Ford did a pretty amazing job with the first gen EB (minus the IC issue) that I have a pretty high level of confidence. I really like their Powerstroke line, and I am pretty confident in their ability to translate that into the new engine.

Having said that, with the new diesel not being announced (numbers wise) until next year (early spring), people will be paying a premium for it, which I am not willing to do. So, if I do get one, it probably won't be until the end of 2018 when the hype dies down, or picking up a MY18 in early/mid 2019 so that I can get a nice price reduction.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

isn't the "new" small diesel actually just a tweaked version of the 3.0 Diesel that has been used in other applications for several years?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    isn't the "new" small diesel actually just a tweaked version of the 3.0 Diesel that has been used in other applications for several years?
    Yes. I have a feeling the ford will suffer the same fate as the ecodiesel. our fuel isn't refined enough for these small engines.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I'm not a big GM fan since spending $6k on a Buick Enclave that was barely past warranty, especially when they said "yea, they all do this" but without a recall of any kind. Not only that, but I could feel the suspension going on it at that time so I sold it before anything else happened.

For Dodge, I like the Cummins, but not a fan of Dodge overall. I bought my truck very specifically when we weren't doing so well financially. I wanted something I could get for under $15k that would last a long time and I could maintain myself and sell for close to the same amount years later. It's been a great truck, but the previous owner replaced the transmission, I've replaced every U-Joint, the front end, along with loads of other non-mechanical work. It's rusting and overall I don't like how it's weathered through it's 10 years of existence. I just spent $4k on brakes, front end, etc. It's still a fun drive though, previous owner put all kinds of performance upgrades in it and I get 14L/100km in the city.

Honestly, I'd get a Tundra if they actually did something to fix fuel economy. I'm a little wary of anything domestic at this point but I think the F150 is a good compromise, and with the 10 speed on it's second year I feel better about the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

How many kms per year would you drive?

From what I've read the diesel will be a 4-5k premium and only available on the very few top trims early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    How many kms per year would you drive?

From what I've read the diesel will be a 4-5k premium and only available on the very few top trims early on.
    I only drive about 10k/year in my vehicles.

My Ride

has anyone driven a winter season on the stock hankooks? are they as much of a nightmare as the scorpions, or are they doable?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 2018.

Not sure how I feel about getting rid of my cummins, that's a fun truck...but I am looking forward to comfort for the daily drive.

I'll get a tonneau cover put on and make sure I get the tow package with the side mirrors. Not much else over base model I think. With employee pricing and the Costco $1000, what are the odds of haggling further?

Page 58 of 258 FirstFirst ... 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast