That would be greasy if ford did that.
    Again you mean?
    Cos...

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

+1 on skipping on the sunroof. I did the same, not worth the $1750 IMO

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not worth the 145 lbs less payload either.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

What’s the plan for the old Chevy this is replacing?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    What’s the plan for the old Chevy this is replacing?
    Ford arrive ~Oct 1. Chev Will be for sale Sept 20th.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Personally I think sunroof is well worth it. Having that glass canopy just opens up the cab and makes it feel less claustrophobic. If you are worried about payload, probably should get a real truck and not a f150???
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Sunroofs, am indifferent with respect to them. Have had vehicles with them and without them, personally don't care if my vehicle has one but the whole F150 versus something heavier duty (F250) has some merit although there most likely some other issues to consider with respect to a F250 that'll be used as a family hauler and daily driver.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

99 days out of 100 I don’t even notice my sunroof is there. For me, that’s a terrible us of 1700 dollars.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Personally I think sunroof is well worth it. Having that glass canopy just opens up the cab and makes it feel less claustrophobic. If you are worried about payload, probably should get a real truck and not a f150???
    *Long update post, TL;dr truck is good, but not great, overall happy with purchase*

If the F150 is rated for the payload he wants, isn't that what matters? Some just want a truck that does it all.

Which segway's into the reason for my post, 8,000km update.

Truck does everything I ask and then some. The little 2.7 ecoboost lives up to its good reputation, towed the skidsteer and dump trailer down south from the acreage. A bit over the max towing capacity, but handles it well.

No real complaints. Couple minor things. Rides fairly rough, I guess that is the payload package. Might be the OEM tires? They are only P-rated ,but good for almost 2800lbs each at 44psi, so they may just not be nice riding tires. Flipside though, it seems to sag quite a bit, while also "wallowing" around. I'm used to GM's, the overall design and engineering philosophy are certainly different between the brands. Maybe underdamped?

The aluminum floorboards vibrate in strong crosswinds. Very disconcerting at first, but not really an issue.

Power outlets do not stay on unless the truck is running. Easily could have set them up to turn off if battery power dropped too low.

10 speed is a bit of a waste. After much tinkering with different gears, best mpg is achieved locking out 9th and 10th. Doesn't seem to matter what speed or terrain (flat or hilly). Towing or heavy payload, lock out 8th and use 7th as top gear.

Max payload when configured properly was 2160. Sticker says 1960. I'm guessing the 200lb difference comes from the power rear window and the center console. I have no use for even the power rear window, wish I could have gotten the truck without, but oh well.

Best mileage results are 8th gear, 110-112km/h. Will get 10-10.5 all day long there, even with the bed full of 1k+ lbs.

Interestingly, I find mpg is almost the same if not better in cities if you have a light foot and not a ton of stop and go. I think that is where the 2.7 really shines. Its a great engine for light duty cruising, which can step up to fill in for occassional heavy duty use. Does not like headwinds, lose a good litre/100km easily.

One final small complaint. The truck is fairly loud on cold start (not timing chain gone bad loud though) and high idles for well over a minute +. Might just be the direct injection. Strikes me as odd, but I've never owned a Ford before.

Overall, I am happy with the truck. I think I would have liked a GM more overall, but the payload and drivetrain options were not there.

Still contemplating a tune. I feel there is a lot of torque management going on which gives the truck a not very smooth feel under hard acceleration.

Its also very picky on fuel, Shell only from here on out. Hates Co-Op fuel it seems.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    *Long update post, TL;dr truck is good, but not great, overall happy with purchase*

If the F150 is rated for the payload he wants, isn't that what matters? Some just want a truck that does it all.

Which segway's into the reason for my post, 8,000km update.

Truck does everything I ask and then some. The little 2.7 ecoboost lives up to its good reputation, towed the skidsteer and dump trailer down south from the acreage. A bit over the max towing capacity, but handles it well.

No real complaints. Couple minor things. Rides fairly rough, I guess that is the payload package. Might be the OEM tires? They are only P-rated ,but good for almost 2800lbs each at 44psi, so they may just not be nice riding tires. Flipside though, it seems to sag quite a bit, while also "wallowing" around. I'm used to GM's, the overall design and engineering philosophy are certainly different between the brands. Maybe underdamped?

The aluminum floorboards vibrate in strong crosswinds. Very disconcerting at first, but not really an issue.

Power outlets do not stay on unless the truck is running. Easily could have set them up to turn off if battery power dropped too low.

10 speed is a bit of a waste. After much tinkering with different gears, best mpg is achieved locking out 9th and 10th. Doesn't seem to matter what speed or terrain (flat or hilly). Towing or heavy payload, lock out 8th and use 7th as top gear.

Max payload when configured properly was 2160. Sticker says 1960. I'm guessing the 200lb difference comes from the power rear window and the center console. I have no use for even the power rear window, wish I could have gotten the truck without, but oh well.

Best mileage results are 8th gear, 110-112km/h. Will get 10-10.5 all day long there, even with the bed full of 1k+ lbs.

Interestingly, I find mpg is almost the same if not better in cities if you have a light foot and not a ton of stop and go. I think that is where the 2.7 really shines. Its a great engine for light duty cruising, which can step up to fill in for occassional heavy duty use. Does not like headwinds, lose a good litre/100km easily.

One final small complaint. The truck is fairly loud on cold start (not timing chain gone bad loud though) and high idles for well over a minute +. Might just be the direct injection. Strikes me as odd, but I've never owned a Ford before.

Overall, I am happy with the truck. I think I would have liked a GM more overall, but the payload and drivetrain options were not there.

Still contemplating a tune. I feel there is a lot of torque management going on which gives the truck a not very smooth feel under hard acceleration.

Its also very picky on fuel, Shell only from here on out. Hates Co-Op fuel it seems.
    Interesting observations. I agree with basically all of it.

My best mpg was 27.6mpg handcalculated (10.2) and the trip meter showed 9.9. But like just rolled 9.9 when I went into my driveway.

480km trip 110km/hr.

I also found the best real time mpg when I’d manually downshift to 7th just before inclines. It would put the engine at 2600-2700 with my 3.55gears.

Just before max torque, but if you could hold that rpm without spooling the turbo’s, the engine would be doing more and maximizing efficiency.

I really like mine overall too. 11,200kms so far.

Edit: Circling back to the coop gas, I do occasionally fill with coop. It likes shell better, huh? In terms of mpg, power, overall smoothness or what do you see?
    Last edited by Darkane; 09-06-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

Edit: Circling back to the coop gas, I do occasionally fill with coop. It likes shell better, huh? In terms of mpg, power, overall smoothness or what do you see?
    About .5L/100km difference on the highway. 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear pulls in manual are quite jerky with the Co-Op. Fuel mileage comes back with the name brands, but still jerky under full power. Shell really seems to clean it up.

All of my driving is up and down H2 essentially, so it is easy to keep track and compare. Only problem is that Shell seems to usually be the highest priced fuel, and the first to raise prices.

To add, this is all with cruise control off. I found easily 1L/100km on the highway by driving without cruise. Luckily, its pretty easy to keep an even speed.

Mpg is much worse on cruise at all speeds, in all gears. Really surprised me, I think it may be the cruise having too much gain in its control loop so it constantly spools the turbos up and down
    Last edited by zechs; 09-06-2020 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

. If you are worried about payload, probably should get a real truck and not a f150???
    F150 can be had with payload from 1300lbs to 3200 lbs. Selecting one with slightly higher payload is not an indication that I'm selecting the wrong truck. Quite the opposite.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    F150 can be had with payload from 1300lbs to 3200 lbs. Selecting one with slightly higher payload is not an indication that I'm selecting the wrong truck. Quite the opposite.
    Nah. Should have bought a new dually.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ya know, having too much truck can be fun, but I'm not bout dat lyfe no more fam.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    About .5L/100km difference on the highway. 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear pulls in manual are quite jerky with the Co-Op. Fuel mileage comes back with the name brands, but still jerky under full power. Shell really seems to clean it up.

All of my driving is up and down H2 essentially, so it is easy to keep track and compare. Only problem is that Shell seems to usually be the highest priced fuel, and the first to raise prices.

To add, this is all with cruise control off. I found easily 1L/100km on the highway by driving without cruise. Luckily, its pretty easy to keep an even speed.

Mpg is much worse on cruise at all speeds, in all gears. Really surprised me, I think it may be the cruise having too much gain in its control loop so it constantly spools the turbos up and down
    Good feedback. Agree with cruise having too much gain.

That’s why my strategy of downshifting to 7th prior to inclines alleviated some of the spool.

It has less gain in eco mode too.

Hypermilling I could see 9-9.5L/100km. Have to include the 17s with 245s though. I have the 20s with 275s, heavy and wide setup as they’re 55 series.

I could see a singlecab, 2.7 2wd hypermilling itself to 8-8.5. But we’re doing it wrong at that point lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Is if possible for one to roll coal in an EcoBoost?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I’d put Ram at the bottom of the pile for half ton payload and not Ford. My neighbors 1500 has less than 200lbs more payload capacity than my RDX
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone know anything about Ford TPMS? On the 2020 f150, will it recognize the TPMS from a second set of factory rims if I buy em used?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

you will need to get them paired, but my 2019 is smart enough to know when I switch between my summer / winter setup so I imagine yours won't have any issues either. I got Bob to pair mine up, and I have had zero issues. No reprogramming every spring / fall.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone know anything about Ford TPMS? On the 2020 f150, will it recognize the TPMS from a second set of factory rims if I buy em used?
    I dont recall 100% but i think the 2015-2017 tpms sensors wont work on the 18-20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 124 of 257 FirstFirst ... 114 123 124 125 134 ... LastLast