Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 60 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 60 of 258 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 5145

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other than buying the wrong colour that's my dream truck right there. Awesome choices.
    I was actually going to go with white and the XLT sport package (no chrome), but then I saw one driving behind me and all I thought in my head was "Fleet Vehicle" so I decided against it.

Color was tough actually. Neighbor a few doors down has three white vehicles (car, crossover, truck). We have a white crossover, so another white truck wouldn't work :P
    Next door has a blue F150 and has a regular visitor with a red one.

I thought black with no chrome was a safe choice I actually didn't even get more than three options without special order since the 2018's are still rolling in.

Two options I turned down from all three dealerships were Moon-roof and off-road package. Saved a few bucks by keeping the sun out of my eyes and admitting to myself that this thing is never really leaving the pavement lol.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Settled on a 2018 F150 with Cam Clark in Olds. Calgary dealers came close, but I'll make the trip to save $1000.

2018 Black F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, XLT Sport with 302A and Max Trailer Tow with towing mirrors.

Now I just need to sell the Cummins. So many offers to trade, must be the price range. So far trade offers have been a Chev Silverado, Hummer H2, Ford Taurus, Nissan Skyline r33 gtst.
    Congrats on your order. Check PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    has anyone driven a winter season on the stock hankooks? are they as much of a nightmare as the scorpions, or are they doable?
    I drove on the stock 20" Hankooks last winter and their were surprisingly good. On icy days, I turn on 4A just to be sure I have good traction. There was only one instance during the whole winter that it skidded on ice on a downhill.

Now that I have put more than 1 year on the tires, I am considering getting dedicated winter tires just to be safe as I travel on that downhill I mentioned on a daily basis. I am looking at 17" options to save some money. I wonder how the drive would be different going from 20" to 17". Any one here have experience?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I have 20" scorpions and 17" winters.

Drives the same. It's a truck.

My Ride
    golfR

I don't remember seeing this in the manual but I just noticed that the heated steering wheel and seats(fronts only) turns on when the truck is remote started.
    I'm assuming this feature is only turns on based on the cabin temperature. I have remote started the truck before a few times during the summer and never noticed this.
    Definitely nice to have.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    I don't remember seeing this in the manual but I just noticed that the heated steering wheel and seats(fronts only) turns on when the truck is remote started.
    I'm assuming this feature is only turns on based on the cabin temperature. I have remote started the truck before a few times during the summer and never noticed this.
    Definitely nice to have.
    yes, when it is cold out, the heated seats and steering wheel will turn on when you remote start your truck. the setting for them needs to be on "last setting" or something like that.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
    yes, when it is cold out, the heated seats and steering wheel will turn on when you remote start your truck. the setting for them needs to be on "last setting" or something like that.
    Its in the menu options comfort settings. Whats a bit annoying is that when you take over the truck, they turn off instead of staying on, so you have to wait for the boot up and turn them all back on. With Forscan the buttons are on the main screen so thats nice, but it sure was annoying to hit the climate screen to get the steering wheel back on....First world problems I know
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Its in the menu options comfort settings. Whats a bit annoying is that when you take over the truck, they turn off instead of staying on, so you have to wait for the boot up and turn them all back on. With Forscan the buttons are on the main screen so thats nice, but it sure was annoying to hit the climate screen to get the steering wheel back on....First world problems I know
    that's one thing i need to have changed on mine. i usually have it on the home screen with the nav, radio, and bluetooth info showing and i have to hit the climate control button to turn on the heated steering wheel.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Anyone else get the awful "hop" when going over bumps in the 15+ trucks? im talking about hitting moderate to larger bumps, or weird off camber kind of things in the road and having the rear end go all over the place. my truck does this all the time, and its a bit terrifying. my friend had the same issue in his and has solved it with a set of bilstein 5100s in the rear. $80USD (about 97 bucks CAD) on amazon.com if you can pick them up at the border. ill be doing this ASAP. makes the truck ride like my old 12 gen.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Anyone else get the awful "hop" when going over bumps in the 15+ trucks? im talking about hitting moderate to larger bumps, or weird off camber kind of things in the road and having the rear end go all over the place. my truck does this all the time, and its a bit terrifying. my friend had the same issue in his and has solved it with a set of bilstein 5100s in the rear. $80USD (about 97 bucks CAD) on amazon.com if you can pick them up at the border. ill be doing this ASAP. makes the truck ride like my old 12 gen.
    yes, i had the same issue. going around a curve, hit a bump and the back end likes to step out. i solved it by doing the same thing your buddy did. Bilstein 5100s.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

AutoAnything had 15% off the 5100 recently. I got mine for my Sierra through MRT Motorsport in Vegas.

have you guys seen the tow ratings lately? Wow the 2018 Supercrew Ecoboost is rated at 13,000... at the bumper! that is insane considering the payload really remains unchanged.

I had to move a friend's trailer through 93' a couple weeks ago, and mine is rated at like 11,200 for a max tow ecoscrew, and even with the Old steel body... there were some places where I could not keep up with traffic. This wasn't because of the powertrain at all, but rather the tail wagging the dog and this was only about 8200lbs with all the crap inside of this 32 footer.

I could never imagine how a lighter F150 can come anywhere near 13,000 safely... I mean g'dam this is not even with E ply tires off the lot.
    Can the trans, engine, frame, brakes handle 13,000lbs going 90k in Sask, sure... but I just can't see going up or worse, down, Rogers with 13,000lbs

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

At the top end off those ratings these lighter trucks are really picky about how you distribute your load, how you set you WDH, and wind conditions.

Really, it's less about total weight then length. There's some 30'+ trailers that only weigh around 9000 lbs loaded, but they are very tricky to set up, because of the length.

I think the top Max tow/max payload trucks do come with E-rated tries from the factory though, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    At the top end off those ratings these lighter trucks are really picky about how you distribute your load, how you set you WDH, and wind conditions.

Really, it's less about total weight then length. There's some 30'+ trailers that only weigh around 9000 lbs loaded, but they are very tricky to set up, because of the length.

I think the top Max tow/max payload trucks do come with E-rated tries from the factory though, so there's that.
    pretty sure its only the longbox 156 with the HD package that does and the extra lug rear axle, which still isn't a full floater

I really again have no doubt that the strength of everything can handle the weight, but just the fact a F250 6.2 weighs so much more, has much more control especially considering it can easily handle another 1k lbs of payload

I reckon that a non-HD max tow supercrew shortbox can tow as much as a similarly spec'd F250 6.5 box 6.2L

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    pretty sure its only the longbox 156 with the HD package that does and the extra lug rear axle, which still isn't a full floater

I really again have no doubt that the strength of everything can handle the weight, but just the fact a F250 6.2 weighs so much more, has much more control especially considering it can easily handle another 1k lbs of payload

I reckon that a non-HD max tow supercrew shortbox can tow as much as a similarly spec'd F250 6.5 box 6.2L
    the new HD Payload F150's no longer have the 7 lug axles. they still have a thicker frame and different springs which will give them a higher payload than normal ones. Screw 3.5L eco's generally come in around 2400-2700lbs of payload depending on options.

13k lbs towing is definitely way more than i'd be comfortable towing behind it.

Picked up my truck today.

LOVE IT!

Question though, what do you guys think of this auto-stop/start thing? It shuts the engine off at red-lights and fires it back up when I let off the gas. It doesn't run when in 4x4 or towing mode, but would any other time as far as I can tell. I have the option of turning it off when I want to, just not sure what I think of the truck having to start so many times a trip.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It is kinda annoying for a while, but you get used to it. Don't worry about the effects on the engine, because those are all warm starts, so things should be well lubricated.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

its also designed for it. engineers don't just "hope for the best"

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

No issues with A.S.S. so far. Lots of conditions it won't turn the engine off in, and I've had it a few times catch itself just turning off when I let up a little on the brake or something. Seems to be well designed
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Not sure how none of y'all couldn't know, but ford finally recalled the door issue many of the new gen trucks had.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/consu...-north-america

Page 60 of 258 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast