Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 112 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 112 of 257 FirstFirst ... 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    19th is what’s shown now online now. Either way it’s soon. Interested to see it.
    Hopefully they fixed the interior. Current one is pretty bad and dated.
    Lots of spy photos out already. Very minimal exterior changes, interior looks completely new.

https://www.motor1.com/news/428081/2...latinum-spied/
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 06-12-2020 at 07:36 PM.

My Ride
    Trucks

They should have photoshopped the tach to redline at 9500, just to kick the hornets nest. Haha

My Ride
    Cayman

Any of you guys that have 2017 - 2019 F150s with Eco Boost boost engines reach 130,000 km yet? I was speaking with the Emkay service help desk today and they were telling me how they have tons of F150 in the US and Canada, with timing chain failures currently costing their customers $6k - $7k to repair. All of the failures on their leased vehicles have come between 120,000 - 140,000 km.

Thank goodness that my personal truck is at 40k km and still with warranty as my 2nd timing chain is starting to rattling again. The 2 work F150s that I am have in the fleet are at 30k km and 60k km and so far they are doing well on their original timing chains.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 06-12-2020 at 11:13 PM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I don't mind this interior, I have seen a lot worse in other current offerings. *Coughchevcough*
    I still cannot believe GM released the new body with the same interior and base engine as the old truck. what a waste.

I am a big fan of the current ford interior. I just wish the seats were a bit better.
    Last edited by ShermanEF9; 06-14-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    If payload is your concern and not towing, there is practically very little additional stress on the drivetrain, just the suspension.
    Well I'll have to disagree a bit.

In this case, the rear axle is upgraded from the stock 8.8 to the 9.75. As both are semi-floating axle, the actual axle shafts themselves directly support the weight of the truck. When you exceed a semi-floating axles weight capacity, you literally start to bend the axle shafts and cause excessive wear on the shafts and bearings. To get a 2k payload, you need the 9.75 rear because the axle shafts are larger/stronger.

And I believe both 8.8 and 9.75 are c-clip rear ends, so if an axle breaks, you lose a wheel.

Full floater, overload it as much as you want.

Interestingly, having looked into it on the Ford forums, the only difference between the 2.7 hd payload package and the max payload package on the 5.0 and 3.5 are different (stronger?) axles, which could be swapped in if someone cared.

Long story short, I'm pretty lenient on exceeding design specs, but if I'm buying new, it better be perfect for my needs haha.

I'll let people know how things go today. Likely doing paperwork. I did find an xlt payload package in Wetaskiwin, so we'll see if they will play ball. Otherwise, factory order it is.

Im biased because i have an 18 and yeah i gotta admit i dont find it as dated as some say, my buddy has an 18 denali 3500 and thats a dated interior with the brown tones. The only interior where i feel is in a league of its own is the new ram, thats a nice one but its also brand new compared to ours. Ive been following the new f150 too and im confident they will come out swinging with the new interior

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Any of you guys that have 2017 - 2019 F150s with Eco Boost boost engines reach 130,000 km yet? I was speaking with the Emkay service help desk today and they were telling me how they have tons of F150 in the US and Canada, with timing chain failures currently costing their customers $6k - $7k to repair. All of the failures on their leased vehicles have come between 120,000 - 140,000 km.

Thank goodness that my personal truck is at 40k km and still with warranty as my 2nd timing chain is starting to rattling again. The 2 work F150s that I am have in the fleet are at 30k km and 60k km and so far they are doing well on their original timing chains.
    Had my timing chain done last year at about 45k and now im at 61k and shes rattling again.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    78 civic

Hopefully they update the lug nuts.

Got jerked around, unhappy with the one in Wetaskiwin ("dealer added accessories" smh). Nobody seems to want to deal, really weird, they are going MSRP - incentives, that's our best price, no budging.

Talked to another buddy who had a contact up North. Got in touch, actually found a demo with 6k kms on it.

The deal was $1k cheaper than Wetaskiwin. Told the guy comparables on kijiji of under 10k kms and usually more expensive options (crew cab 3.5 ecoboost, said the price is the price).

Did some more digging, found another one down south, $42.5+gst is the deal advertised. Its an XTR. Going to try and get them down a bit. Remembered my sister is a nurse, and first responder/care workers family get another $1k off from Ford.

If I can get the one down south for $40.5k +gst, I think I will be happy. Really wanted the one with 6k kms and 0% financing for $38k though.

This isn't the exact one, but its what I am now looking at

My Ride
    bus

That’s pretty much the same experience I had yesterday, the dealer did not budge on the price surprisingly. Pretty much msrp subtract the factory incentives and 0% financing.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Im biased because i have an 18 and yeah i gotta admit i dont find it as dated as some say, my buddy has an 18 denali 3500 and thats a dated interior with the brown tones. The only interior where i feel is in a league of its own is the new ram, thats a nice one but its also brand new compared to ours. Ive been following the new f150 too and im confident they will come out swinging with the new interior

Had my timing chain done last year at about 45k and now im at 61k and shes rattling again.....
    I'll take the outdated interior and the reasonable 5.3 over some of these issues that appear on the ecoboost.

The 3.5 with the 10 speed does sound awesome though.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    That’s pretty much the same experience I had yesterday, the dealer did not budge on the price surprisingly. Pretty much msrp subtract the factory incentives and 0% financing.
    So basically opposite of what everyone was expecting to happen due to the virus.

Wonder if Ford dealers have supply issues or what the reason is. It has always been easy to get $500 over invoice on these trucks on top of incentives in the past.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

So basically opposite of what everyone was expecting to happen due to the virus.

Wonder if Ford dealers have supply issues or what the reason is. It has always been easy to get $500 over invoice on these trucks on top of incentives in the past.
    Could very well be a supply issue, but you’re right about $XXX over invoice.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I'll take the outdated interior and the reasonable 5.3 over some of these issues that appear on the ecoboost.

The 3.5 with the 10 speed does sound awesome though.
    I'm sure all brands have their issues but the f150 forum can look pretty scary with the problem posts lol I have the 3.5/10 and its fuckin awesome but im definitely very concerned about the long term. I havent made the appointment to have the Re rattle looked at but i already know the cam phasers will need to be redone again. I'm also pretty sure they replace with the same defective part

I was totally expecting fire sales too.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think that the f150 forums do make it seem scary, but they've sold millions of the ecoboost engine, and hundreds of thousands of the most recent version with the 10 speed, and to me, it seems like an unlucky minority with problems.
    I have never seen any reliable statistics to suggest its any more problematic than any other powertrain.

3.5/10 is my current plan for next truck. Working to make that soon-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have had 3 F150s in the last 8 years, and ALL of them had the 3.5L. Only my 2019 had the 10 speed. Besides recalls, I haven't had any issues with either the engine or transmission.

The 3.5L and cab space are the biggest 2 reasons why I have kept buying them. The other brands can't touch them in that regard. I like Ford, but I am not a fanboi. Every time I bought a truck, I went and checked out the other offerings first, and still stuck with the F150, although the last time I was >< that close to buying a dodge until Ford finally played ball with me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's a lot to like. That 3.5L for pulling a trailer is amazing. Now my current 6.0L might be a little old and tired, but it sure makes me miss my 3.5L. Night and day difference in driving experience.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Cayman

Both Ford dealerships that we deal with at work told me that it is supply issues as the plants were down for weeks during covid and they are still making medical equipment not trucks. So 2021 trucks might be in very short supply. However if you want a RAM those are being fire sold lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

RAM has always seemed to have better deals than ford.

The 10 speed in the F150 is the same one in the GM trucks. Personally haven't had the chain issue but I have heard of it from the local dealer.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The 10 speed is a great transmission yes.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 112 of 257 FirstFirst ... 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast