Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 221 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 221 of 257 FirstFirst ... 211 220 221 222 231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Rent an F150 w/ tow mirrors, select full coverage, remove mirror, win.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rent an F150 w/ tow mirrors, select full coverage, remove mirror, win.
    That is actually pretty common. People swap wheels, steal spares, even heard once of an engine swap.

But no.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ford Super Duty to have "4" engines.
    I like this transcript. I don't know why, but it seems awfully comical to me.
    https://www.autoblog.com/ford-f-seri...132506879.html

. David Demmith, Vehicle Integration Supervisor on the Super Duty Program of Ford Motor Company walks us through engine configuration for the all-new F-Series Super Duty.

Transcript
    DAVID DEMMITH: What you'll notice now is Super Duty has four engines. No longer do we have a 6.2 liter. The 6.2 liter is replaced by the 6.8 liter V8.

So the 6.8 liter is a derivative of our 7.3 with the Godzilla name as people have coined it. It's a push rod V8 engine, very proven in the industry. We've had it out since 2020. Customers love it.

So we brought the 6.8 liter in to replace the 6.2. So it gives you very common components with the 7.3 and also the durability that the customers have come to love and expect out of the Ford engines.

What is also new is we are bringing in 10 speed transmissions behind all of our power trains. So the 6.8 liter will now have a 10 speed transmission versus the 6.2 that had a six speed.

It's important to say that because efficiency then goes up as we bring in new 10 speed transmissions and also some new technology to improve efficiency of these power plants.

So this engine right here, we can't talk numbers yet. This engine does very well and is going to be our base power plant and standard as part of our XL, XLT trim.

As you step up, we don't have it here, but imagine there's an engine here. And there'll be another one there we'll talk about in a minute. The 7.3 would be right here.

So the optional engine for the gas is going to be the 7.3 liter. So even if you're a customer that's buying an XL or an XLT, you can still option up to the 7.3 liter.

Again, it gets a 10 speed transmission behind it. It'll have improved horsepower and torque over the existing 7.3 liter. We can't talk numbers, but we expect our gas power train lineup is going to be very solid going into 2023 and beyond with these two offerings.

So if we had another engine right here, we'd call it our 6.7 liter. And it's a very similar engine to what we have in production today. It's going to be our base offering when you check the box for a diesel.

So the 6.7 liter would be here. But let's talk about this guy here. This is our new 6.7 liter with the high output.

So this engine is based on our very stout architecture we've coined Scorpion internally within Ford. It brings some improvements both through calibration and hardware to allow us to achieve unheard of horsepower and torque numbers.

So if we talk hardware, what you'll see here is we have two ports right here. And what these are is these are cooling. The cooling jacket goes around the turbo. So we have now a water cooled turbo that's coming in on our 6.7 liter. The base engine won't have this.

The 6.7 liter high output also will get stainless steel exhaust manifolds. You'll notice that our exhaust manifolds are still in the inside of the engine. So people that don't know, the Scorpion brings the air in from the sides and then it brings the exhaust out into the turbo in the valley.

So we've water cooled our turbo. And we've got stainless steel exhaust manifolds to allow us to achieve unheard of horsepower and torque numbers, combined with calibration and other tidbits along the way to get us there.

But we know that this engine has been proven durable, proven very capable. Driving it out in the real world is incredible. And it's going to shock a lot of people.

Additionally, one thing we should talk about is both of our diesels will get a different oil pan that allows a slightly larger oil capacity. What that will do is, it will allow extended oil change times.

So gone are the days when you have roughly a 10,000 mile oil change interval. Now, we'll be able to get up to 15,000 mile with our oil change intervals on both the standard diesel and the optional high output diesel.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Both Ford and GM dropping 6 speeds on HD trucks, meanwhile at Dodge…

My Ride
    2011 5.0 FX4

https://www.okotoksfordparts.ca/oem-...p-fl3z13b374ca

I've used this website legit ford parts pick up at dealer for free

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Both Ford and GM dropping 6 speeds on HD trucks, meanwhile at Dodge…
    Three overdrives in a GM, which 9th and 10th are probably useless in gasser trucks. They've gone to ultra deep 1st gear which is awful for driveability, if I had kept my 2008 2500hd gasser years ago, I had my finger ready to pull the trigger on a tune that locked out 1st unless in tow haul mode. It was terrible.

What they really need to do? Put the 3.0L duramax in the truck. Problem solved.

Sorry, Ford thread. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I never used 9th or 10th with the 2.7, it got WORSE mpg and that was with 3.73's.

Auto manufacturers are stupid. Nice to see if someone cares to get 6mpg, the gas trucks of all the manufacturers are getting silly huge tow ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Three overdrives in a GM, which 9th and 10th are probably useless in gasser trucks. They've gone to ultra deep 1st gear which is awful for driveability, if I had kept my 2008 2500hd gasser years ago, I had my finger ready to pull the trigger on a tune that locked out 1st unless in tow haul mode. It was terrible.

What they really need to do? Put the 3.0L duramax in the truck. Problem solved.

Sorry, Ford thread. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I never used 9th or 10th with the 2.7, it got WORSE mpg and that was with 3.73's.

Auto manufacturers are stupid. Nice to see if someone cares to get 6mpg, the gas trucks of all the manufacturers are getting silly huge tow ratings.
    I am pretty sure GM is going to a super short 1st gear for the gas HD trucks. I assume Ford will do similar. I drove a new 6.6 gas GM for the first time yesterday and it’s a lot smoother and feels a lot stronger in the 2000-4000rpm range than the old 6.0L. I haven’t driven a 7.3 Ford yet but I’m curious how it compares to the now dead 6.2L.

My Ride
    Canyonero

who the fuck puts tow mirrors on a 3.31 axle ratio truck https://www.camclarkfordairdrie.com/...ale_class=used

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    who the fuck puts tow mirrors on a 3.31 axle ratio truck https://www.camclarkfordairdrie.com/...ale_class=used

I mean, it's rated to tow just over 11k lbs. That's a long camper or enclosed car trailer.

What's the specific problem? You don't like them?
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some asshole is just gonna smack them on some inner city bullshit I'll bet.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Some asshole is just gonna smack them on some inner city bullshit I'll bet.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's rated to tow just over 11k lbs. That's a long camper or enclosed car trailer.

What's the specific problem? You don't like them?
    No— I want tow mirrors, but I don't want a 3.31 axle truck. Maybe I am being weird? Like ES I am picky about my spec. Nothing new/used at any dealer in AB really fits my ideal spec right now.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Prae, I'll sell you my truck, friend pricing, $65,000 and I'll even fix the mirror for you. It's got every option you want.

My Ride
    Canyonero

You're not allowed to sell your truck, who else is gonna prop up this thread? If I don't order a '23 how you gonna cash that sweet referral cheque?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again.

- - - Updated - - -

No— I want tow mirrors, but I don't want a 3.31 axle truck. Maybe I am being weird? Like ES I am picky about my spec. Nothing new/used at any dealer in AB really fits my ideal spec right now.
    So you want max tow package? Which rides rougher?

Because with the 10 speed, the rear gears are irrelevant for performance unless you want to be able to tow over 11k lbs (and arguably better for driveability, the 10 speed with 3.73's sucks in parking lots).

So maybe you are being weird, and maybe that truck is the perfect truck for you?

Or maybe you want to tow really heavy things with a 1/2 ton (I fully support this). But WANTING a specific rear end ratio for the sake of it is indeed weird.

You want to put big tires on it? Then I could also understand wanting the lower gears.

Not insulting you, just wondering what you are looking for and honestly trying to help. Maybe you've already thought of all of this and I'm just wasting my time
    Last edited by zechs; 09-29-2022 at 03:03 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Cam Clark will have a max tow , with tow mirrors, 3.55 rear end… in Dec, 2022 model … it is one they ordered before I finalized my options and ordered a 2023.

My Ride
    Canyonero

So you want max tow package? Which rides rougher?

Because with the 10 speed, the rear gears are irrelevant for performance unless you want to be able to tow over 11k lbs (and arguably better for driveability, the 10 speed with 3.73's sucks in parking lots).

So maybe you are being weird, and maybe that truck is the perfect truck for you?

Or maybe you want to tow really heavy things with a 1/2 ton (I fully support this). But WANTING a specific rear end ratio for the sake of it is indeed weird.

You want to put big tires on it? Then I could also understand wanting the lower gears.

Not insulting you, just wondering what you are looking for and honestly trying to help. Maybe you've already thought of all of this and I'm just wasting my time
    I genuinely appreciate you sharing your experiences! It's mostly why I posted. I've only got experience with a 3.73 rear end V8 with the six speed, and a 3.55 6spd 3.5eb. I tow a small-ish travel trailer probably 8 times a year. I've never scaled it but I suspect I'm testing max payload at times. ~7-8k lb wet.

I am looking at max tow, but I primarily value overall drivability as that's 80% of the km i rack up.. I put some E-rated taller sidewall tires on my '16 and while I love what they do when towing, they are a bit on the stiff side. Great for FSRs etc.

I'll probably eventually put 34-35" tires on it which is part of why I think I want 3.55s.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Cam Clark will have a max tow , with tow mirrors, 3.55 rear end… in Dec, 2022 model … it is one they ordered before I finalized my options and ordered a 2023.
    what colour?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

what colour?
    it is Altas Blue

here is the build more or less

https://shop.ford.ca/configure/f150/...ader-trucks-bp

- - - Updated - - -

I got a build date for 2023... woot

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Sold my '18 F150 Lariat Crew Cab 3.5EB to an exporter and have a bunch of stuff left over for sale (Winter wheels & tires, Bakflip Revolver Tonneau Cover, AFE Pro Air Filter, Oil Filter, Center Console Organizer, Weathertech Front Floormats, 3D Max Kagu Rear Floor Liner, Ecobeast Plate Frame, Tow Mirrors) PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by 94boosted; 09-30-2022 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey Boosted I don't think I need that stuff unless I decide to splurge on the winter tires.

I've been procrastinating about replacing that mirrors light lens, and I guess it's good I did. Realized this morning that the convex mirror is also fucked. hard to see in the pic, but it's got vertical cracks, and the entire right side is kinda floppy and will certainly not last long now. Heck.
    Name:  PXL_20221003_144113734.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  142.8 KB

Page 221 of 257 FirstFirst ... 211 220 221 222 231 ... LastLast