Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 194 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 194 of 257 FirstFirst ... 184 193 194 195 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It'll be WAAAAYYYY less. Was that in the brochure?

Go find some door stickers. No F250 Diesel will be over 2518 lbs. @bigboom
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

ouch, diesel f350 ~25k more then the f150 hdpp. ouch ouch ouch

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Don't get the diesel. 7.3L Gas is a sweet motor. But yeah souper doody is more expensive. Particularly in high trims.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

really this is the wrong year to be buying trucks if you can wait. Shortages everywhere, not many deals to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably an extra $10k out the door price vs 12-18 months ago. Or it was that much on F150's when I was looking.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Im too cheap to pull the trigger, and sounds like if i wanted an HDPP there are all of 2 that exist in the entire province (exist, not for sale), so i'd be ordering.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

HDPP is nearly always a special order thing anyway, even before the supply crunch. So rare. I always say that's what I'm going to get next, although who knows, maybe I'll swap for a bronco when they become more available.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Don't get the diesel. 7.3L Gas is a sweet motor. But yeah souper doody is more expensive. Particularly in high trims.
    Or perhaps, define purchase based on intended use - get diesel for towing and gasser for hauling? My dad has a 350 diesel and their truck camper puts them right up to payload max - he even considered selling it and switching for the 7.3 to buy them a bit more payload weight.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

What camper is he running? I can see going nuts with truck camper weight, but definitely can also keep it way under the payload max on these trucks if you dont get the two slides, oven, king bed, mega-super-Artic Fox etc. Hardest thing with the lighter campers is they all come with the half size fridge. You tell me why i need a TV and a microwave, but only a half size fridge..

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    What camper is he running? I can see going nuts with truck camper weight, but definitely can also keep it way under the payload max on these trucks if you dont get the two slides, oven, king bed, mega-super-Artic Fox etc. Hardest thing with the lighter campers is they all come with the half size fridge. You tell me why i need a TV and a microwave, but only a half size fridge..
    No slides or king bed, but it's a 4-season (which I assume makes a difference). 99% sure it's this one https://northern-lite.com/8-11ex-le-wet-bath/

Says 2800lb dry weight, which is a lot, isn't it? Wet weight will be, approximately, a shitload more.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

ya thats a heavy bitch

My Ride
    golfR

For those who have non-oem lug nuts, what do you have?
    Finally fed up with the oem lug nuts that are as soft as taffy.
    Thinking of getting these ones https://www.partsengine.ca/gorilla-l...ks-p-576.aspx#

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    Thinking of getting these ones https://www.partsengine.ca/gorilla-l...ks-p-576.aspx#
    A lot of people are replacing the shit Ford acorn nuts and going with the gorilla ones. I haven't seen any complaints about them, so I think they would be a safe bet.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    @tirebob will probably have the one piece OEM style lugs, either in stock, or next day available.

It'll be WAAAAYYYY less. Was that in the brochure?

Go find some door stickers. No F250 Diesel will be over 2518 lbs. @bigboom
    I got it from here https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...Tech-Specs.pdf and that's what I've been going on. Definitely depends on the options but losing 800lbs of payload on options seems to be quite the difference. Gaining a 1000lbs on a F-150 might still be a sufficient for my use case unless there's something else I'm not getting? Fuel economy seems on par/slightly better than my ecoboost as well.
    Last edited by bigboom; 10-14-2021 at 08:19 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You lose payload for the heavier engine, AND the options. That number you are using is for 6.2L Gas engine in XL trim.

You can dig out a little more in that link if you want to. I'm assuming you are wanting a F250 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab with 6.5' box. So that's the numbers I see.
    I see that shows a max payload for that cab configuration of between 3320 and 3470, BUT that doesn't say which engine. When you look up the GVWR (highest for that configuration is 10,200 lbs), and curb weight (Lowest for Diesel is 7262 lbs) you get a max payload of 2938 lbs. But that's for an XL level truck with ZERO options. Lariat adds 500-700 lbs, so you can be down to 2200lbs payload really fast.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a dick, but F250 diesel is a terrible idea if you care about paper ratings, even with the high payload options. F350 diesel, which is basically the same truck, just with higher paper ratings, is the better choice.
    True answers are on the door sticker. I don't have any of those in front of me, but if you are at a dealership, snap a few pics and post em. Bet I'm right.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

You lose payload for the heavier engine, AND the options. That number you are using is for 6.2L Gas engine in XL trim.

You can dig out a little more in that link if you want to. I'm assuming you are wanting a F250 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab with 6.5' box. So that's the numbers I see.
    I see that shows a max payload for that cab configuration of between 3320 and 3470, BUT that doesn't say which engine. When you look up the GVWR (highest for that configuration is 10,200 lbs), and curb weight (Lowest for Diesel is 7262 lbs) you get a max payload of 2938 lbs. But that's for an XL level truck with ZERO options. Lariat adds 500-700 lbs, so you can be down to 2200lbs payload really fast.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a dick, but F250 diesel is a terrible idea if you care about paper ratings, even with the high payload options. F350 diesel, which is basically the same truck, just with higher paper ratings, is the better choice.
    True answers are on the door sticker. I don't have any of those in front of me, but if you are at a dealership, snap a few pics and post em. Bet I'm right.
    GMC seems to have a lot better payload then, or what am i missing (... im learning how much im missing in truck purchasing information requirements for a tacoma..)?

https://www.gmc.com/content/dam/gmc/...de_DIGITAL.pdf

AT4 2500 - 3300 lbs w/ diesel, 3500 w/ gas

edit: but fuck are trucks expensive.. almost a 100k truck when loaded
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 10-14-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Not at all, this is good info. I'm just starting to dip my toe in this stuff having just purchased a trailer this year. I'm finding that all manufacturers make this really difficult to try and obtain an appropriate number and like you said it's almost like one has to resort to door jam stickers to figure this out. Maybe I just haul with my Expedition until the market has settled down.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

brent, I have never looked closely at the GMC stuff, although I suspect they have the same issue if you dig into it. The 3/4 bracket is based on GVWR restrictions, and diesel engines are heavy. I doubt GMC has figured out a loophole in the laws of physics.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Gotta go look at door stickers at some point, as you say the ‘paper’ weight is pretty unreliable

Page 194 of 257 FirstFirst ... 184 193 194 195 204 ... LastLast