Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 176 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 176 of 258 FirstFirst ... 166 175 176 177 186 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 5145

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I find a headwind is almost always more efficient than a crosswind when towing…

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Not towing related, but I got 10.2L/100km(23mpg) with my 2.7L lease special on a trip to Vancouver and back. Had it in eco mode+cruise for most of the trip except for a few sections. Pretty impressed with the fuel economy, I think I lost a mpg or two on the Coq from the hillclimbing while doing 140.

Gonna rent an RV for a weekend and ive got the 3.5 Screw shortbox. i think my tow rating was around 11k but i know thats a death wish, whats some safe guidelines for dry weight and length? heading to rocky mountain house. Found some that were around 26ft and 5k lbs dry
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

5k lbs dry is fine, that'll be 7000lbs loaded. Weight is less important that length and wind resistance. Do you get a weight distributing hitch with a rental?
    You want to be in the 26 foot "rated" range, which is really about thirty feet from ball to bumper.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Not towing related, but I got 10.2L/100km(23mpg) with my 2.7L lease special on a trip to Vancouver and back. Had it in eco mode+cruise for most of the trip except for a few sections. Pretty impressed with the fuel economy, I think I lost a mpg or two on the Coq from the hillclimbing while doing 140.
    Ewww. In Canada that’s almost 28.

Basically my record too on a 2.7.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    amazing... through a mountain pass too.

What kind of rear end gears do you have?

I love the fact that the 2.7 and 10 speed combo is sooo effecient, powerful and reliable - coupled to an aluminum bodied truck... I have to pinch myself because that is already so much more modern tech when compared to every other v8 out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    5k lbs dry is fine, that'll be 7000lbs loaded. Weight is less important that length and wind resistance. Do you get a weight distributing hitch with a rental?
    You want to be in the 26 foot "rated" range, which is really about thirty feet from ball to bumper.
    Thanks! Yeah they offer a hitch but i should confirm if its WD or not.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You need WD for that. That'll be too much tongue weight to go without
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

just got an email offer from the Blue Oval mothership for $750 towards a new vehicle. Just confirmed with my sales guy and manager that I can use it with my factory order.

And confirmed again, truck is still scheduled to be built the week of August 2nd.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Well.. you probably have a coyote, and you’re probably not telling the truth. Lol.

I won’t accept you getting that economy with an ecoboost, and tall tires. Also, the way your wrote that - are you saying you get 19 without a headwind and only 22 with a headwind?

Ecoboosts will do about 35l/100 with headwinds.
    I definitely do not, I have a gen 2 Ecoboost and 10 spd, first year for them. Fuelly tracks all of my fillups, amounts and mileage, its all hand calc'd, unfortunately I don't have a year of data from a change in tracking programs pre-2018. The highest I've been was 23.2. My lifetime average is 15.8, and my dash at every fillup is 1L/100km low, it usually says 14 something, and I'm actual 15 something. Not sure why I'd be trying to hide something, I just thought it was strange you guys have shit mileage when towing. I've towed to the coast, passes numerous times, to the US, my trailer screen I think at last check was 5500km, so not a one off. I have no issues with fuel eco when towing.

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Private cash offers are nice.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I definitely do not, I have a gen 2 Ecoboost and 10 spd, first year for them. Fuelly tracks all of my fillups, amounts and mileage, its all hand calc'd, unfortunately I don't have a year of data from a change in tracking programs pre-2018. The highest I've been was 23.2. My lifetime average is 15.8, and my dash at every fillup is 1L/100km low, it usually says 14 something, and I'm actual 15 something. Not sure why I'd be trying to hide something, I just thought it was strange you guys have shit mileage when towing. I've towed to the coast, passes numerous times, to the US, my trailer screen I think at last check was 5500km, so not a one off. I have no issues with fuel eco when towing.

Is your truck bone stock engine tune?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Turbo are you the guy who tows a racecar? Wind resistance.

For the record, I don't consider my towing mileage to be "shit" when it's the best I've ever gotten with seven trucks.

My Ride

For the record, I don't consider my towing mileage to be "shit" when it's the best I've ever gotten with seven trucks.
    Oh - he tows a racecar? We’re talking campers and big enclosed trailers, it’s all wind resistance in that game.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Is your truck bone stock engine tune?
    AFE dry flow filter, that is all. I had a tune on it for 2 months a couple years ago and hated it, so returned to stock

Nope, I tow a Jayco camper with a big flat nose. 23' tip to bumper when slide is tucked. Usually pull heavy (extra propane, 2x6V mod, depending where going, full water, bikes, baby shit). Not sure who you're thinking of. My sport trac with the baby 4.6 V8 ran 27 pulling this trailer but was severely transmission limited, and for funsies, my '14 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel pulled this thing under 17, through the passes, so my perception on "good" towing mileage was a bit skewed.

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dunno who I was thinking of. Anyway. My towing mileage does not bother me now I have a big fuel tabk
    The 96L in my Chev 6.0L was frustrating when I was getting 28l/100km though.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    AFE dry flow filter, that is all. I had a tune on it for 2 months a couple years ago and hated it, so returned to stock

Nope, I tow a Jayco camper with a big flat nose. 23' tip to bumper when slide is tucked. Usually pull heavy (extra propane, 2x6V mod, depending where going, full water, bikes, baby shit). Not sure who you're thinking of. My sport trac with the baby 4.6 V8 ran 27 pulling this trailer but was severely transmission limited, and for funsies, my '14 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel pulled this thing under 17, through the passes, so my perception on "good" towing mileage was a bit skewed.

That’s a nice setup. You my man are definitely an exemption to the ecoboost towing world.

I apologize for coming over brash and accusing of lying, I’m just blown away by how little fuel you use. And on big tires!
    @ExtraSlow - what are we doing wrong?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@ExtraSlow - what are we doing wrong?
    I don't do anything wrong. Ever. Although I'm certain my trailer has a larger frontal area than his, maybe substantially.
    Name:  PXL_20210703_145215668_2.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  283.4 KB
    Oh well, burning fuel keeps Alberta employed. Burn lots, it's the patriotic thing to do.
    Name:  tenor (1).gif
Views: 207
Size:  58.0 KB

My Ride
    Trucks

Dunno who I was thinking of. Anyway. My towing mileage does not bother me now I have a big fuel tabk
    The 96L in my Chev 6.0L was frustrating when I was getting 28l/100km though.
    Our new company trucks are F-250 gas jobs and they get 24L/100k empty. Can’t wait to load one to max payload for the rest of its life and not pay the fuel bill.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

F150 is very sensitive to speed, once you hit the wall, it’s always in boost and just drinks it back 105km/h while painful is probably his saving grace

…meanwhile in girl truck land…

Mix of 4x4 FSR bombing, and a whole lot of mountain hwy 1, passing multiple cars at a time whenever possible w/foot planted, cruise set to 130 when it was free sailing (not often on the BC side)

Name:  5A3502BB-94A8-405C-B82C-CCDA5EFB5B78.jpeg
Views: 190
Size:  295.7 KB

Page 176 of 258 FirstFirst ... 166 175 176 177 186 ... LastLast