Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 97 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 97 of 257 FirstFirst ... 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To the people complaining about towing mileage what are you comparing it to?

I got 16.1L/100km towing the car on a car hauler to and from a race in the states (~2500km round trip) through the mountains, going the speed limit in my 18' 3.5EB. My 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ 5.3L got ~17L/100km on the same journey with very similar weather.
    For me, my '12 got 27-28L/100km towing a ~6000lbs holiday trailer. My '16 got a bit better at 22-23L/100kms, the '12 had the 3.13 rear end and the '16 has the 3.55. Normal driving got me 11L and 12.5l respectively.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

God dammit I hate Metro Ford. Besides my service tech I've never had a good experience with them and I don't know why I keep going there.

Picked my truck up there yesterday and paid my 1/3 of the bill (Ford covered 2/3 with it being out of warranty) but when they brought it around it was sounding really funny. There was a really loud repetitive whooshing sound and the engine itself was a bit noisier. I had the shop foreman and service manager come listen to it. The whooshing sound eventually got quieter after about 5 minutes of them listening to it but it was still present. The shop foreman was a grumpy old man and kept asking me if I've ever listened to my truck before because that's how they sound and its "not a new truck anymore". This morning it was hesitating a ton under load and throwing check engine lights so I dropped it back off there today... we will see how it pans out but I swear to god if they tell me its only my spark plugs and has nothing to do with their TIMING CHAIN JOB I am going to burn that place down.

Edit: I go to Metro because I work downtown and I'm a glutton for punishment...
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    God dammit I hate Metro Ford. Besides my service tech I've never had a good experience with them and I don't know why I keep going there.

Picked my truck up there yesterday and paid my 1/3 of the bill (Ford covered 2/3 with it being out of warranty) but when they brought it around it was sounding really funny. There was a really loud repetitive whooshing sound and the engine itself was a bit noisier. I had the shop foreman and service manager come listen to it. The whooshing sound eventually got quieter after about 5 minutes of them listening to it but it was still present. The shop foreman was a grumpy old man and kept asking me if I've ever listened to my truck before because that's how they sound and its "not a new truck anymore". This morning it was hesitating a ton under load and throwing check engine lights so I dropped it back off there today... we will see how it pans out but I swear to god if they tell me its only my spark plugs and has nothing to do with their TIMING CHAIN JOB I am going to burn that place down.

I feel your pain. I have 1 more free oil change and will be going to another dealer.

My Ride
    Cayman

Have any of you guys experienced a vibrating gas pedal?

I have an 18 with 31k km now and for the last week when i am driving under 20km/hr usually during rush hour on 5th ave my gas pedal vibrates so much so that my entire right leg vibrates. If i press on the gas and go faster it stops.

On the cold start rattle; mine has done it a few times but it is not constant. So far it has rattled on 3 out of 8 starts this week for about 20 seconds and the rattle dies down.

Thats brutal. Its bad enough you had to pay a 1/3 of it but to get it back sounding funny would make me irate. I still havent got the call to take mine in yet so heres hoping universal is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Have any of you guys experienced a vibrating gas pedal?

I have an 18 with 31k km now and for the last week when i am driving under 20km/hr usually during rush hour on 5th ave my gas pedal vibrates so much so that my entire right leg vibrates. If i press on the gas and go faster it stops.

On the cold start rattle; mine has done it a few times but it is not constant. So far it has rattled on 3 out of 8 starts this week for about 20 seconds and the rattle dies down.
    I’ve had various 15-18 MY trucks with a similar symptom but at higher speeds. Take it in for warranty, they rebuilt a bunch of stuff with the wheel actuators and stub axles for me.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I'm just comparing it to regular mileage. Over the course of say 20K kms...my truck averages around 12.5 L/100km, closer to 11-12 on the highway, closer to 13-14 in the city. I towed a 26' trailer to and from Writing on Stone Park, about 300kms each way, and averaged about 24 L/100km. That was on my 2018 3.5L EcoBoost Lariat.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

"Its your spark plugs". MOTHER FU....

Well I had them replace the spark plug and boot in the cylinder that was misfiring then I bought the parts for the other 5 cylinders and did them myself. Did that Saturday, didn't drive at all Sunday, and today on the way home ANOTHER misfire. My receipt says they performed a "misfire monitor profile correction" which I am not 100% sure what it does but I am guessing they never actually did it. The interwebs just tells me that it needs to be done after any major repairs. I know the ecoboosts are prone to misfires but its too suspicious that it lines up exactly with Metro doing major engine surgery.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

To the people complaining about towing mileage what are you comparing it to?

I got 16.1L/100km towing the car on a car hauler to and from a race in the states (~2500km round trip) through the mountains, going the speed limit in my 18' 3.5EB. My 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ 5.3L got ~17L/100km on the same journey with very similar weather.
    I know you weren't asking me, but I find it interesting my EB with a 3.73 was getting 28-30L / 100km towing my trailer. With my same trailer towing with my Chevy 6.2L I get 24L. This is repeated multiple times going to Saskatchewan over the 2 years of each having it. So my EB was definitely harder on fuel than my 400hp Chev.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    I know you weren't asking me, but I find it interesting my EB with a 3.73 was getting 28-30L / 100km towing my trailer. With my same trailer towing with my Chevy 6.2L I get 24L. This is repeated multiple times going to Saskatchewan over the 2 years of each having it. So my EB was definitely harder on fuel than my 400hp Chev.
    Talking real world mileage with my brother and his buddy one with 3.5EB and the other a Coyote. My GMC with 6.2 which should be terrible beats their real world mileage claims which surprised me.

I think the newer transmissions make a big difference and I would expect a 2019 EB with the 10sp to beat the 6.2 no problem.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

plot twist. the 6.2 also has a 10 speed now

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Talking real world mileage with my brother and his buddy one with 3.5EB and the other a Coyote. My GMC with 6.2 which should be terrible beats their real world mileage claims which surprised me.

I think the newer transmissions make a big difference and I would expect a 2019 EB with the 10sp to beat the 6.2 no problem.
    Yeah and my EB was a 2013 with the 6 speed and my Chevy is a 2010.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Smiles per gallon brothers. Nothing else matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    plot twist. the 6.2 also has a 10 speed now
    Yea it’s awesome.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Finally back in a Ecoboost! New company truck picked up yesterday, and man I missed my Ford, coming from a GM for the last 2 years. I forgot how awesome these trucks are and the engine is, plus the 10 speed works great with it. When did they put in the driving modes? Don't remember having that on my last EB. Ended up picking a F150 Crew fx4 lariat special edition sport. Really loving the red/black seats and seatbelts. Anyone come from the 6 speed to the 10 speed notice much on the towing front?

Also, i noticed, and maybe I'm crazy, but they don't have as much turbo noise as before. Own of my sales guys did that VTA mod on his truck for fun, never head of that before.

EDIT: Also the new audio system is miles better than before. I think the old one was Sony IIRC.
    Last edited by Skrilla; 10-04-2019 at 01:56 PM.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Finally back in a Ecoboost! New company truck picked up yesterday, and man I missed my Ford, coming from a GM for the last 2 years. I forgot how awesome these trucks are and the engine is, plus the 10 speed works great with it. When did they put in the driving modes? Don't remember having that on my last EB. Ended up picking a F150 Crew fx4 lariat special edition sport. Really loving the red/black seats and seatbelts. Anyone come from the 6 speed to the 10 speed notice much on the towing front?

Also, i noticed, and maybe I'm crazy, but they don't have as much turbo noise as before. Own of my sales guys did that VTA mod on his truck for fun, never head of that before.

EDIT: Also the new audio system is miles better than before. I think the old one was Sony IIRC.
    Mine has really audible turbos, much more than my friends gen 12 truck
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post

Sport mode is fun hey?

VTA mod is literally a 5 min mod, tons of youtube vids
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Is this the rattle/indexing sound people are hearing? Goes away when warm, sound is proportional to the engine revs. 2018 F-150 3.5EB 16,000km's.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Is this the rattle/indexing sound people are hearing? Goes away when warm, sound is proportional to the engine revs. 2018 F-150 3.5EB 16,000km's.
    The "cold start rattle" that has the TSB out is more of a rattle/knocking that lasts maybe 2-3 seconds right as the engine turns over. Sounds like a chain slapping metal. To capture mine I've always had to set my phone up before turning the truck on because it doesn't last very long at all. More like this video, mine sounded like his very first one "May 21st 2017"

I'm generally cute.

My truck makes both of those sounds. Haven't had any issues come out of it other than the sounds though.

Page 97 of 257 FirstFirst ... 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast