Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 154 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 154 of 257 FirstFirst ... 144 153 154 155 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the EB guys are you following the Oil life monitor? i was at first and i was getting around 15k kms before it was due but i heard a lot of people say to change the EB motor oil around 6k
    If it wasn't this thread, another one on Beyond was calling me crazy for changing my oil early. I do use my truck for towing/hauling lots, so I benchmarked it at 10k km each change.

I did the first one early, as 1) I can't see it hurting 2) Engines still do break in, so I'd like to get that junk out of there.

Doing it every 10k vs 16k is 8 extra oil changes in 200k kms, $320 extra. I'm ok with being called crazy for the piece of mind as both the 5.0L and 3.5L have had problems attributed to oil.

Having said that, if this was only a daily driver that occasionally saw towing, I'd run it to 16k or the oil life monitor no problem if using any of the good quality full synthetics.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Probably worth doing early in a few situations :
    - short trips, which cause fuel dilution
    - towing or severe use
    - because you feel like it.

The OLM takes into account some of those factors. My truck has driven 5400km and has 32% remaining. The app suggests I will require an oil change at a total of 7700km driven. I do a lot of short trips. I will try to get that oil changed completed sooner than that in any case, because it makes me feel good.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I have gotten conflicting reports from different Ford Service Managers. it's about 50/50. Some say to change it every 8k kms, the others say that the truck will tell you when it needs an oil change. I finally got off my lazy ass and RTFM. the manual says every 16k kms, or when the truck says to, unless you live in the region of severe conditions, but don't really articulate what constitutes severe region weather or conditions. I have now adopted the strategy of doing a full synthetic change every 10-12k depending on the weather and if I have been towing. Truck usually says there is about 25% oil life left at that point.
    Yeah i saw the manual and it says 16k but then i ran into the cam phaser issue and saw a lot of members on the ford forums saying the 3.5 EB needs to be done way earlier. I did the last couple at around 6k but with base oil, im going to switch to FS and run to 10k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Yeah i saw the manual and it says 16k but then i ran into the cam phaser issue and saw a lot of members on the ford forums saying the 3.5 EB needs to be done way earlier. I did the last couple at around 6k but with base oil, im going to switch to FS and run to 10k.
    yeah, I have heard that too. I can't comment on those other members, but, I am on my 3rd F150 with the 3.5L EB and have had zero issues with any of them. 2012 had ~130kms on it when I traded it in, my 2016 had close to 70kms, and my 2019 has just about 30kms on it. so all totaled up, I am almost at 250k kms on a 3.5L.

I think the biggest thing is, ALWAYS do full synthetic changes, and I highly recommend getting the FoMoCo oil filter. I pretty much exclusively use Mobil1, the 3.5L really likes it. If Mobil1 isn't available, I use the full synthetic Penzoil, but the truck doesn't like it as much and the computer wants oil changes more quickly. I have no doubt that with Mobil1, the engine would happily chug along to the 16k interval, but the penzoil would probably struggle to reach the 12k mark. That has just been my experiences though. YMMV.

Like I said in my previous post, when using Mobil1, I think the sweet spot for oil change intervals is about that 12,000kms mark with 23-25% oil life remaining as reported by the trucks computer.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    yeah, I have heard that too. I can't comment on those other members, but, I am on my 3rd F150 with the 3.5L EB and have had zero issues with any of them. 2012 had ~130kms on it when I traded it in, my 2016 had close to 70kms, and my 2019 has just about 30kms on it. so all totaled up, I am almost at 250k kms on a 3.5L.

I think the biggest thing is, ALWAYS do full synthetic changes, and I highly recommend getting the FoMoCo oil filter. I pretty much exclusively use Mobil1, the 3.5L really likes it. If Mobil1 isn't available, I use the full synthetic Penzoil, but the truck doesn't like it as much and the computer wants oil changes more quickly. I have no doubt that with Mobil1, the engine would happily chug along to the 16k interval, but the penzoil would probably struggle to reach the 12k mark. That has just been my experiences though. YMMV.

Like I said in my previous post, when using Mobil1, I think the sweet spot for oil change intervals is about that 12,000kms mark with 23-25% oil life remaining as reported by the trucks computer.
    Gonna take your advice and go FS. I wish i had your luck though, i did the first CP replacement at around 40k and now im at 80k and its rattling again.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cam Clark keeps emailing me. Says you guys need to buy more trucks. PM me if you want a $500 cash referral. Apparently good purchase deals on leftover 2020 models too.
    Name:  Screenshot_20210217-182336.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  72.2 KB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Apparently the HDPP is a bit of a unicorn as seemed to have stumped most of the dealers on it so far.. trying to find one used is worse...

Some of the campers out there seem quite doable... https://www.westlandrv.ca/index.php/80w-2

Or I just keep the Tacoma till it dies (210k in... zero sign of wear) and just get a hotel when I want to bring a boat

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You'll never find an HDPP truck that has the options you want. Jist not happening. Order one.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Wont lie.. the amount of options that ford has is a bit overwhelming when coming from the toyota world where if you wanted a 6 foot box and TRD, you got the TRD sport and that was your only option..

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Cam Clark keeps emailing me. Says you guys need to buy more trucks. PM me if you want a $500 cash referral. Apparently good purchase deals on leftover 2020 models too.
    Name:  Screenshot_20210217-182336.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  72.2 KB
    Cam clark is shorting you on the referral fee lol They offered me $700.00, if anyone needs a new truck lmk and ill pass the whole $700 to you.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Cam clark is shorting you on the referral fee lol They offered me $700.00, if anyone needs a new truck lmk and ill pass the whole $700 to you.
    No they're not.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No they aren't, I'm keeping a portion. There's several beyonders who pass along the whole thing. They must be nicer than me.

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    No they're not.
    You're right. Its actually $750, i havent been there in years so forgot the exact amount

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Reading through the F150 order guide is one of my hobbies. No joke.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Thats the kind of hobbiest that has a dungeon in their basement.

(PM me... unrelated... yeah, um unrelated to the dungeon stuff... yup)

My Ride
    Cayman

I just grabbed two 2021 F150 XLTs off Team Fords lot for work purposes. MSRP $61,400 and got them for $45,200. Would be awesome if I could buy a personal truck using works deal of $10,500 off cost.

however I am holding off on buying myself a new F150 until I see what the new Tundra V6 Turbo looks like.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 02-19-2021 at 05:38 PM.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    I just grabbed two 2021 F150 XLTs off Team Fords lot for work purposes. MSRP $61,400 and got them for $45,200. Would be awesome if I could buy a personal truck using works deal of $10,500 off cost.

however I am holding off on buying myself a new F150 until I see what the new Tundra V6 Turbo looks like.
    Glad to help ya out!!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I support everyone buying Ford trucks for work and personal.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post

That's a decent discount. is that with the X plan @Proyecto2000 ? If it is, I might have to look into the new truck...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I hear @swak can get you a bro deal.

Page 154 of 257 FirstFirst ... 144 153 154 155 164 ... LastLast