Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 196 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 196 of 258 FirstFirst ... 186 195 196 197 206 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 5145

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@Brent.ff one note about how much it might "suck" to daily drive a 1-ton is your turning radius and overall width and length will all be the same with the HDPP.

But yeah the slightly lighter truck and the ecoboost engine would be preferable to daily driving a diesel, and cheaper on fuel unloaded than either NA gas V8 in the super duty.

You've done more homework on this issue than most buyers. Seems like your thinking is pretty clear.
    If you need an extended urban test drive you can borrow my truck. It's not the 157 WB or HDPP, but it's the heaviest combo below that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Good point. I have to presume this isn’t the first time you’ve brought up a 3” and not noticing a difference ��

Thanks for the offer on the truck, my work runs the f150 so semi familiar with them. Kinda playing cart before horse and vice versa with the truck camper thing… think I gotta figure out what we actually want for a camper (popup, shower, etc?) before we make any real truck decisions. 4WC campers are sweet but not sure I want to play the setup game

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Good point. I have to presume this isn’t the first time you’ve brought up a 3” and not noticing a difference ��
    Touche good sir.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Whats kind of the long term outlook on these ecoboosts? Are they holding value, still running well (how long have they been out?) in high km? I know im still swimming against the current, but the HDPP is still kind of making sense to me as a daily driver (my work truck turns out to be a 300a, and isnt 'that' bad), but have to compare it to a diesel for a 10+ year outlook.. daily driving a 3/4 or 1 ton seems like it would suck
    Took my buddies '21 F-250 w/ Powerstroke for a decent drive yesterday. To be honest, it's not that bad to DD, it's a rougher ride for sure and the rear end really doesn't have much compliance but I enjoyed it, it's only noticeable when accelerating off rough surfaces. There's a few minor little niggles that I have with it though that detract from a comfortable drive YMMV, the left foot position is flat on the floor and not ramped up. Secondly, the brake pedal is significantly higher than the accelerator so it's more of an effort to get to, I'm sure this is personal preference but noticeable. Also, column shifter...

@tirebob would also get a lot more business from me because that 1050lb-ft of torque would also chew up rear tires like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Took my buddies '21 F-250 w/ Powerstroke for a decent drive yesterday. To be honest, it's not that bad to DD, it's a rougher ride for sure and the rear end really doesn't have much compliance but I enjoyed it, it's only noticeable when accelerating off rough surfaces. There's a few minor little niggles that I have with it though that detract from a comfortable drive YMMV, the left foot position is flat on the floor and not ramped up. Secondly, the brake pedal is significantly higher than the accelerator so it's more of an effort to get to, I'm sure this is personal preference but noticeable. Also, column shifter...

@tirebob would also get a lot more business from me because that 1050lb-ft of torque would also chew up rear tires like crazy.
    Tirebob likes 1050lb-ft of torque and more business both...

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post

feel like an empty 250 in winter could be an exciting time going to the mountains. Am also realizing just how poor a 250 payload really is, and ~$2000 difference to get a 1T..

feel like an empty 250 in winter could be an exciting time going to the mountains. Am also realizing just how poor a 250 payload really is, and ~$2000 difference to get a 1T..
    Agreed on both fronts, started digging into it and definitely on board with the fact that if I'm looking to get more payload the only real option is 1t. A dealer I'm working with right now has a decent F-150 and a 350 in stock I just don't know if that extra $20k is worth it.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

the HDPP is still pretty damn impressive.. working with a dealer

"a 2022 301a with the 3.5 and I put a fair number of options on it to give it as many creature comforts as I could. FX4, power rear window, remote start, power tailgate, upgraded stereo etc.

The GVWR is 7,850lbs

The curb weight of the truck is 5,393lbs"

I'm also playing the $20k difference game. Is the longterm longevity of a diesel 1T worth the upfront cost... im not sure. Could put a million km on one, but is that realistic, or do i have an F150 HDPP and then wish i had a 1t in 3-5 years? Struggling with this part the most i think.
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 10-19-2021 at 10:01 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Get both. That's the best way to win.

Although you don't want every option added to the 301A. Double check the upgraded stereo and skip the power tailgate.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Fx4 seems like a waste of time if getting HDPP anyway too?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Fx4 seems like a waste of time if getting HDPP anyway too?
    FX4 is a waste of time in the F150 trucks. Ride quality suffers, and if you are seriously considering it because you are going off-roading where you are gonna need a skid plate, you are getting the wrong vehicle.

People want it because of marketing, but, in reality, it's a pretty big compromise and extra cost that 99% of the people don't need.

I am now on my 4th F150, and the dealers have kept pushing me to get the FX4 package, and after having it on my 2016, I won't get it again. If I ever end up in a situation where I will be going off-road, I can do a much better job with aftermarket parts and have a more capable truck.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

the HDPP is still pretty damn impressive.. working with a dealer

"a 2022 301a with the 3.5 and I put a fair number of options on it to give it as many creature comforts as I could. FX4, power rear window, remote start, power tailgate, upgraded stereo etc.

The GVWR is 7,850lbs

The curb weight of the truck is 5,393lbs"

I'm also playing the $20k difference game. Is the longterm longevity of a diesel 1T worth the upfront cost... im not sure. Could put a million km on one, but is that realistic, or do i have an F150 HDPP and then wish i had a 1t in 3-5 years? Struggling with this part the most i think.
    The power tail gate is also heavy, i was reading somewhere in my research that it's 75lbs without the step ladder/power and about 130 with it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, Don't get power tailgate, or FX4 package.
    Key for payload is fewest options.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah, Don't get power tailgate, or FX4 package.
    Key for payload is fewest options.
    I didn't want the power tailgate, but my fat ass definitely needs the tailgate step. Unfortunately, to get the tailgate step in the 2021, you have to get the power tailgate as well.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

It’s been a while… but doesn’t FX4 add a limited slip diff?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    It’s been a while… but doesn’t FX4 add a limited slip diff?
    Nope.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 220
Size:  45.3 KB
    Last edited by spikerS; 10-19-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Sorry… a locker, I mean that’s handy… usually a better diff is what sways me to these types of packages not the skid plates, etc. yeah you could add an ARB air locker… but good luck with the drivetrain warranty with that installed. Also not a great “savings” vs the $950 price for the FX4

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Sorry… a locker, I mean that’s handy… usually a better diff is what sways me to these types of packages not the skid plates, etc. yeah you could add an ARB air locker… but good luck with the drivetrain warranty with that installed. Also not a great “savings” vs the $950 price for the FX4
    I got my locking rear axle with the max trailer tow package, which IMO, is a better value add than the FX4
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Is the longterm longevity of a diesel 1T worth the upfront cost... im not sure. Could put a million km on one, but is that realistic, or do i have an F150 HDPP and then wish i had a 1t in 3-5 years? Struggling with this part the most i think.
    Do you think the diesel will inherently last longer? Lots of gas trucks go a lot of miles nowadays.

Having recently shopped diesel 3/4 tons vs my F150, I realized how much happier I am in a gas truck.

And if you have the max tow, you are likely rated to tow 12k+. The ecoboost 3.5 has what, 400hp and 500tq? Practically same numbers as an older duramax.

Honestly just trying to help you with the choice, I think everyone should be in gassers unless towing heavy constantly.

And a good thread. Looks like an optioned crew cab 4x4 with 6.5 box would be ~2500lb payload based on the 4x2 being ~2700lb.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/my-21...496347/index5/

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry… a locker, I mean that’s handy…
    The locker is awesome. Oddly enough, even with the diff unlocked, doing a brake stand lights up both tires the entire time, dunno how the diff is setup.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I got the FX4 package, because it drove my lease rate down.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 196 of 258 FirstFirst ... 186 195 196 197 206 ... LastLast