Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 162 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 162 of 257 FirstFirst ... 152 161 162 163 172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Uhhhh, what's delivery time on that truck? 6 months? I wouldn't be putting anything down on a truck that far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Uhhhh, what's delivery time on that truck? 6 months? I wouldn't be putting anything down on a truck that far away.
    They quoted my 12-14 weeks, but, I think we both know that is probably 80% bullshit and will be longer than that. And yeah, I am thinking that with the questions I have in my mind with this dealer, I don't want to give them any cash upfront.

But then again, I can go elsewhere to find the same deal I am sure.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If it's me, I'd just wait. It's going to be a shitshow with that hybrid truck. Order yours in September or something.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't think they've delivered a single one anywhere. I'd probably want to drive one before I bought one with such a different powertrain. Maybe you'll hate it?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I don't think they've delivered a single one anywhere. I'd probably want to drive one before I bought one with such a different powertrain. Maybe you'll hate it?
    Took one for a drive yesterday with the power boost. Was in a Platinum trim though which I don't want. Drove nice, didn't notice the transitions between battery and gas at all. Only thing I did notice that will take some getting used to is that when you are at a full stop, you are on battery, and when you take your foot off the brake the truck didn't start to creep forward like a gas motor would. You had to actually hit the accelerator pedal a bit. Was kinda weird, but not something that I wouldn't get used to over time.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Looks like there's a couple in Airdrie and a few up in Red Deer...probably a few scattered around town too.

As someone that's 12 weeks into the buying process, I wouldn't give them any money up front and would get them to agree to a fixed trade-in value. God help you if you want the Max Tow/HDPP, people on the F150 forums have been waiting 6 months or more for those. Personally I'd just wait for MY2022 order bank to open, Ford(like most other manufacturers) is having a nightmare of a time trying to get trucks out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Huh didn't realize deliveries had started. I'd be less worried about it then. You, of all people, are actually a perfect user of a hybrid truck.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Looks like there's a couple in Airdrie and a few up in Red Deer...probably a few scattered around town too.

As someone that's 12 weeks into the buying process, I wouldn't give them any money up front and would get them to agree to a fixed trade-in value. God help you if you want the Max Tow/HDPP, people on the F150 forums have been waiting 6 months or more for those. Personally I'd just wait for MY2022 order bank to open, Ford(like most other manufacturers) is having a nightmare of a time trying to get trucks out.
    Not looking for max payload, but the max tow package is a must. I don't think you can combine the two, but if you can, it might be on the table. Would be nice to haul a little box camper around while towing a quad or something.

Huh didn't realize deliveries had started. I'd be less worried about it then. You, of all people, are actually a perfect user of a hybrid truck.
    LOL, perfect user? I guess maybe. I use my truck for its intended purpose a lot. But the way of the world is going the EV route in the future and there isn't a solid EV truck offering yet. But having the 7.2 generator available in the truck is perfect for me when I am doing work. And I am hoping the hybrid setup saves me a good chunk in fuel costs.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm pretty sure you cannot get the max payload with the hybrid engine. I think those two are mutually exclusive.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I'm pretty sure you cannot get the max payload with the hybrid engine. I think those two are mutually exclusive.
    I think you are right. I think I knew that the max payload was incompatible with something, I thought it was max tow.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Honestly, with how heavy the hybrid batteries and the 7.2KW power source equipment will be, you may find the payload sticker on the hybrid much lower than you think. Probably fine, but don't dream about a slide-in camper with that setup. Or if that's a big deal, check the drivers door sticker before you make your decision. If you find a dealer with a couple sitting on the ground, go take a picture of the payload sticker AND the window sticker and you can refer back to them later. Or post them here. That would be cool.

1800lb payload. With additional options, I'd guess around 1600lb on the sticker.

All the reviewers seem to like the hybrid. Its no longer the 2000's where companies put out shit, incomplete products that are completely screwed from the get go, manufacturers seem to have really stepped up to the plate.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Honestly, with how heavy the hybrid batteries and the 7.2KW power source equipment will be, you may find the payload sticker on the hybrid much lower than you think. Probably fine, but don't dream about a slide-in camper with that setup. Or if that's a big deal, check the drivers door sticker before you make your decision. If you find a dealer with a couple sitting on the ground, go take a picture of the payload sticker AND the window sticker and you can refer back to them later. Or post them here. That would be cool.
    yeah, i figured that might be the case too. It's a pipe dream anyways lol. Those slide in campers are on par cost wise as the truck lol. I am not looking to get the PL package, just the tow.

Since I am going to be digging into this further, I will try and remember to grab pics of the stickers.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hilarious thread on FTE about a guy who wants to shut off the auto-start-stop on his new powerboost truck.
    Or hilarious to me, anyway.
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tart-stop.html

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Hilarious thread on FTE about a guy who wants to shut off the auto-start-stop on his new powerboost truck.
    Or hilarious to me, anyway.
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tart-stop.html
    People never cease to amaze me.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Thats always been a thing. Guys are all reee its annoying, make it stop, it'll wear out the starter..

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Thats always been a thing. Guys are all reee its annoying, make it stop, it'll wear out the starter..
    Yeah, just funnier on the hybrid.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Truck owners don't make any sense :P

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Yup, in its early days it was annoying and sluggish as well. I'm sure the Beyond TLX crew will agree Honda's version in that car sucked, lol. Ford's implementation in the 2021 trucks is actually pretty smooth, IMHO.

Plus, once you learn how to drive it, you teach yourself to feather the brake in traffic and only mash it down if you know you're gonna be at a light for a while.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I disable auto start/stop every time I drive the truck. I use parking brake so I release parking brake, hit auto start/stop, then its time to drive. Loving the truck so far. I will probably buy a 5.0 in 2 years when the lease is up. might do the XLT trim but I must admit that the air cooled seat is awesome. Nothing like a cool breeze up your butthole to make you feel fancy.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 162 of 257 FirstFirst ... 152 161 162 163 172 ... LastLast