Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 135 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 135 of 257 FirstFirst ... 125 134 135 136 145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still don’t have my ranger back from smacking that bear... 2 months later and still have parts back ordered
    I've been told the truck won't go into the shop until the beginning of January

Still looks good on one side. Finally washed it after almost a month, I think I am back to being very happy with the ceramic coating. Soap wash and regular rinse, under 10 minutes of cleaning (I am very thorough) and it looks brand new. Hit 27,000kms yesterday, so time for its 3rd oilchange. Did one at 5,700kms, one at 17,200, and now another between 27 and 28.

Also just put "Blacklion" chinese studded tires on. They are fantastic grip wise, ride great. Only "problem" is that they vibrate at 40km/h and 70km/h. This is because of a harmonic caused by the tread pattern. Doesn't bother me, but is very noticeable at specific speeds.

$675 including gst all in.

Name:  IMG_20201206_155104~2.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20201206_155043~2.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  66.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    This dealer is already doing $14k off on the new ones. Not sure what the deal is or why. But here's a link.

https://eastcourtfordlincoln.com/vie...-f-150-550914/
    The Deal is that truck is a bogus price used to lure people lol ill message them for fun but im with extraslow, they will for sure tell me its sold but they have another available at close to MSRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Well an update on my 2018 5.0L.

Switched dealers and Northstar got all my got all the Cam phaser rattle issues sorted. No noise anymore on throttle release for several weeks now. 2 years in, and truck is finally running properly. Fingers crossed.

Tailgate latch recall was completed, (electric latch release short circuits and tailgate drops randomly) and Ford repainted my whole tailgate and replaced the plastic trim.
    My tailgate had dropped a few times, and had damage from making contact with my garage door.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post

Switched dealers and Northstar got all my got all the Cam phaser rattle issues sorted. No noise anymore on throttle release for several weeks now. 2 years in, and truck is finally running properly. Fingers crossed.

Tailgate latch recall was completed, (electric latch release short circuits and tailgate drops randomly) and Ford repainted my whole tailgate and replaced the plastic trim.
    My tailgate had dropped a few times, and had damage from making contact with my garage door.
    Great news!

So northstar - good? I’ve heard some opposing stories, I think even in this forum. Everyone’s experience seems to be so different at every dealership lol.

Good to hear the coyote is purring.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Ive never heard the 5.0's having the cam phaser rattle but it sounds like yours is while driving? mines the 3.5 and its only on the first start up of the morning and for a few seconds.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Ive never heard the 5.0's having the cam phaser rattle but it sounds like yours is while driving? mines the 3.5 and its only on the first start up of the morning and for a few seconds.
    It's a recall on the 2018's specifically on throttle release at 1500rpm. The 3.5 EBs had timing chain rattle on start-up. Had that issue on my 2011....

Northstar has been great for me. Huge improvement over Metro....

It's a recall on the 2018's specifically on throttle release at 1500rpm. The 3.5 EBs had timing chain rattle on start-up. Had that issue on my 2011....

Northstar has been great for me. Huge improvement over Metro....
    You'd figure they would have resolved this by now, ive got an 18 and had it done once already and within about 15k kms its happening again

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    You'd figure they would have resolved this by now, ive got an 18 and had it done once already and within about 15k kms its happening again
    my 2011 I had the timing chain service done $4300....1 month out of warranty. Still liked the EB, but just lost faith in the truck and went back to the 5.0L for my 2018. Figures I would have issues with this engine also...

F150 Tremor now mentioned on ford.ca, weirdly didn't see it on ford.com yet.

https://www.ford.ca/trucks/f150/?bb-...hp-f150-201207

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tremor package has been very popular on the super duty. Makes sense to bring that name to the half ton too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

my 2011 I had the timing chain service done $4300....1 month out of warranty. Still liked the EB, but just lost faith in the truck and went back to the 5.0L for my 2018. Figures I would have issues with this engine also...
    Not gonna lie im pretty worried about mine after warranty, having gone through one sucks and now after only 15k kms i need another sure doesn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

And Ranger get a Tremor too! 32s, fox 2.0 struts/level, and locking rear diff

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    And Ranger get a Tremor too! 32s, fox 2.0 struts/level, and locking rear diff
    That’s a cool package. Think I’d rather the ZR2 though - just wish it had an LT1.

450hp mini truck. It would sell I feel.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

We just traded our 2018 Expedition in. It came off the b2b warranty and immediately the screen went black, boards stopped working and I could never get over the amount of dirt the rear hatch seal let in. I think we just got a bad, early one but just felt some bad mojo about it. I’d be interested in driving a new one, but we made the change to an Escalade ESV. Fingers crossed we don’t get Zhariak-spec’d one.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    We just traded our 2018 Expedition in. It came off the b2b warranty and immediately the screen went black, boards stopped working and I could never get over the amount of dirt the rear hatch seal let in. I think we just got a bad, early one but just felt some bad mojo about it. I’d be interested in driving a new one, but we made the change to an Escalade ESV. Fingers crossed we don’t get Zhariak-spec’d one.
    You mean this dirt?

Name:  1A954162-0F1A-4982-A966-27943AE6424A.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  47.6 KB

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I support buying brand new trucks. Used truck market is whack.
    I agree 100%.

Used truck prices are pretty high, and they are high enough that I am seriously debating putting my truck up and selling it early to maybe pull some extra equity out of there that I wasn't planning on. Hell, Ford even sent me a letter offering me a bonus $750 towards a new purchase.

Now, if they would just put a decent incentive on a '21, I would be on my way down...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Now, if they would just put a decent incentive on a '21, I would be on my way down...
    Advantage is advertising $6500 off 2021's.....what other excuse are you going to give Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Advantage is advertising $6500 off 2021's.....what other excuse are you going to give Just do it.
    Probably on a lifted limited or some type of trick to get you in. Thats a substantial rebate on a truck that is barely out yet. I checked their site and they dont even have any, they do have a whackload of 2020 raptors though.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

@benyl Yes, you can stand behind it and wash it for 20 minutes and you will still have dirt running down the hatch.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    @benyl Yes, you can stand behind it and wash it for 20 minutes and you will still have dirt running down the hatch.
    Yeah, I hated how fast the back window got dirty. At least there was a rear camera washer. Otherwise all winter it would have been really foggy.

Page 135 of 257 FirstFirst ... 125 134 135 136 145 ... LastLast