Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 71 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1410

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

  1. #1401
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
    so did they repair the rear end under warranty?

    i don't know if i would even bother with a F250. I would probably go right to a 350 for the small price difference.
    yea under warranty....

    I dunno, HD trucks are so much more clumsy and cumbersome than the half ton, but as many here would say (SKR) those are "real" trucks

  2. #1402
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    yea under warranty....

    I dunno, HD trucks are so much more clumsy and cumbersome than the half ton, but as many here would say (SKR) those are "real" trucks
    Mind if i ask what the repair bill on the turbos and bov would be? ive been on the fence forever about getting into an f150 eb but ive always been worried about this motor long term.

    i agree about the HD's being clumsy and cumbersome and unless you need the capabilities of it i couldnt imagine driving an hd truck as a daily. Ive always preferred a beefier looking truck but an hd is too much for most and with the half tons getting better and better you could totally get away with a newer half ton.

  3. #1403
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Mind if i ask what the repair bill on the turbos and bov would be? ive been on the fence forever about getting into an f150 eb but ive always been worried about this motor long term.

    i agree about the HD's being clumsy and cumbersome and unless you need the capabilities of it i couldnt imagine driving an hd truck as a daily. Ive always preferred a beefier looking truck but an hd is too much for most and with the half tons getting better and better you could totally get away with a newer half ton.
    The turbo I think was a $1500 repair and the BOV was $700... (of which I believe aftermarket BOVs are more robust)

    The EB typically doesn't have turbo issues, but the BOV, IC, Timing chain and the coking are their major issues, which is alot... but surprisingly as long as you had not sucked in moisture, the internals of the duratec motor are very strong

    The 5.0 are just so simple, and with the new advanced DI/PI features of the 2018... coupled with the 10 speed is truly amazing.

    lol... I'm thinking now if I can find a used Raptor somewhere to trade up my truck, while getting into the 6.2 with the 6R80 tranny

  4. #1404
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    Trucks and junk
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    yea under warranty....

    I dunno, HD trucks are so much more clumsy and cumbersome than the half ton, but as many here would say (SKR) those are "real" trucks
    Nobody will know how important you are if you don't buy the most expensive one.
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500

  5. #1405
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    My Ride
    '17 F150 FX4 sport, '10 VW GTI 5d
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    The turbo I think was a $1500 repair and the BOV was $700... (of which I believe aftermarket BOVs are more robust)

    The EB typically doesn't have turbo issues, but the BOV, IC, Timing chain and the coking are their major issues, which is alot...

    Again, keep in mind the Gen 2 EB had design changes to fix the IC, Timing chain and carbon build up. Namely active shutters used in front of the IC, dual timing chains (the old problems were due to length and stress on tensioners), and dual injection so the intake valves get washed. The turbos have also been upgraded from the Gen 1 (but I think it was a geometry and mass change, they're still K03's), and I don't know about the recirc valve but every turbo vehicle I've had has had problems with them.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  6. #1406
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the upside-down
    My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost
    Posts
    982
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    P.S. What's up with the name change of the thread? If I'd wanted a regular Ford Truck thread we would have started one! This was intended to be an EcoBoost thread.

    In other news, I'll be selling my '15 and moving into a '17 in the Spring. Keep'em coming!
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

  7. #1407
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    822
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    The turbo I think was a $1500 repair and the BOV was $700... (of which I believe aftermarket BOVs are more robust)

    The EB typically doesn't have turbo issues, but the BOV, IC, Timing chain and the coking are their major issues, which is alot... but surprisingly as long as you had not sucked in moisture, the internals of the duratec motor are very strong
    is that a complete turbo replacement? thats actually not as much i was expecting. which dealership was this?

    the BOV would be something i would replace with an aftermarket unit.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

  8. #1408
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Ecoboosts donít run BOVs factory do they? Thought they were all CBVs. Wonder how switching to a BOV impacts carbon buildup problems.

  9. #1409
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
    is that a complete turbo replacement? thats actually not as much i was expecting. which dealership was this?

    the BOV would be something i would replace with an aftermarket unit.
    sure whether its a BOV or CBV I believe the turbosmart one has a good reputation and I should have just ordered and installed it myself, while saving alot of cash.

    PM me for the dealership

    also got the truck back and the rear end is fixed. Apparently something called a pinion seal spring got dislodged and needed to be replaced.

  10. #1410
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat
    Posts
    1,380
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    P.S. What's up with the name change of the thread? If I'd wanted a regular Ford Truck thread we would have started one! This was intended to be an EcoBoost thread.

    In other news, I'll be selling my '15 and moving into a '17 in the Spring. Keep'em coming!
    GET OUTTA HERE V6 SCUM!

    im intrigued by the 17s with the driving mode rather than tow/haul /sport modes.

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 08-01-2014, 04:24 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
  3. 2013 Ford F150 /w Ecoboost

    By puya.ro in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM
  4. FS: 2010 Black Ford Flex LTD AWD Ecoboost

    By lint in forum Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM
  5. The crazy Ford Ecoboost 3.5L V6 test

    By Cos in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 83
    Latest Threads: 02-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •