Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 92 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 82 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2013

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

  1. #1821
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L BOOST!
    Posts
    4,133
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have the plug with Bluetooth. I'm in the NW.
    You can borrow it or I can help you with it.
    Did a bunch of it on my truck a few months ago. I still have the spreadsheet printed out from the F150 forum.
    That would be awesome man, let me know when works for you!

    I am going to freely admit though, this is all foreign to me and have never attempted it before, but from what I am hearing on the forums is that it is pretty simple...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  2. #1822
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    golfR
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be awesome man, let me know when works for you!

    I am going to freely admit though, this is all foreign to me and have never attempted it before, but from what I am hearing on the forums is that it is pretty simple...
    It's pretty straight forward once you get in the software. Make sure you do a backup of each module before you do anything. Just in case.
    The part that took me the longest was trying to get the dongle to pair with my laptop via bluetooth.
    Make sure you register your Forscan software ahead of time. I didn't know about this and had to wait a day or two for the email for the registration. It's free but only valid for 3 months before you have to re-register.

    If you just want to borrow the dongle, you can grab it anytime.
    I'm available anytime in the evening after 6. Just PM me when and I'll reply with my address.
    If you need my help on it, earliest I can do is this Friday evening. Not sure how my weekend is shaping up.

  3. #1823
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L BOOST!
    Posts
    4,133
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty straight forward once you get in the software. Make sure you do a backup of each module before you do anything. Just in case.
    The part that took me the longest was trying to get the dongle to pair with my laptop via bluetooth.
    Make sure you register your Forscan software ahead of time. I didn't know about this and had to wait a day or two for the email for the registration. It's free but only valid for 3 months before you have to re-register.

    If you just want to borrow the dongle, you can grab it anytime.
    I'm available anytime in the evening after 6. Just PM me when and I'll reply with my address.
    If you need my help on it, earliest I can do is this Friday evening. Not sure how my weekend is shaping up.
    I will send you a PM in a min. Thanks!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  4. #1824
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6) ford's financing interest rate was 3% lower, with same rebates.
    im surprised ford stopped offering 0% on the 19's, they had that when i got my 18


    Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Global windows, auto fold mirrors, reverse mirrors, double honk. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
    Whats global windows and reverse mirrors? I cant stand the double honk either
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  5. #1825
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    golfR
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im surprised ford stopped offering 0% on the 19's, they had that when i got my 18




    Whats global windows and reverse mirrors? I cant stand the double honk either
    Reverse mirrors would tilt your side mirrors down when you throw it in reverse so you can see the curb/lines better.

  6. #1826
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reverse mirrors would tilt your side mirrors down when you throw it in reverse so you can see the curb/lines better.
    Yes please, i have some AM rims with some thinner rubber and im constantly manually lowering the mirror down. FWP bahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  7. #1827
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, SW20 MR2
    Posts
    1,637
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    cartruck.jpg

    The 5.0 putting in work.

  8. #1828
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,498
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cartruck.jpg

    The 5.0 putting in work.
    Man I miss my sw20. Looked very similar.

  9. #1829
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,450
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im surprised ford stopped offering 0% on the 19's, they had that when i got my 18




    Whats global windows and reverse mirrors? I cant stand the double honk either
    Global windows is the ability to roll all windows down with your key fob. Useful on a hot day.

  10. #1830
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, SW20 MR2
    Posts
    1,637
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man I miss my sw20. Looked very similar.
    im excited to get this one going. i havent driven it yet. needs a bit more work.

  11. #1831
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    My Ride
    '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Global windows is the ability to roll all windows down with your key fob. Useful on a hot day.
    All front windows, unless there has been recent progress.

  12. #1832
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is something I need to get done (window roll down with the remote). I have it on my charger and love it especially in the summer. I never heard of the mirror trick and I could use that when I am backing up.

  13. #1833
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    golfR
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homerrca View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is something I need to get done (window roll down with the remote). I have it on my charger and love it especially in the summer. I never heard of the mirror trick and I could use that when I am backing up.
    You have to have the memory mirror option so that the mirror goes back to the original position.

  14. #1834
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    853
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Anyone know what kind of deals you can get on raptors nowadays? I see Cam Clark is marking the ones on AT down about $8k. Gotta be more room...?

  15. #1835
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,285
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I feel like you can definitely get a good deal on a raptor right now.

    Have you seen WTI? Haha good time to be in construction and driving gas guzzlers!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  16. #1836
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Now that you can get the raptor-version ecoboost in the "regular" f150 Limited, that's the way I'd go for a "fast truck". MSRP is $8k lower, and it's more luxurious. Unless you 1) live on a gravel road or 2) like the image of the fender flares. Of course, I'm a cheapass and I'm broke, so it's all theoretical . . .

  17. #1837
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C5Z, Duramax
    Posts
    6,040
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that you can get the raptor-version ecoboost in the "regular" f150 Limited, that's the way I'd go for a "fast truck". MSRP is $8k lower, and it's more luxurious. Unless you 1) live on a gravel road or 2) like the image of the fender flares. Of course, I'm a cheapass and I'm broke, so it's all theoretical . . .
    Are there any test figures comparing the regular and high output Ecoboost?

  18. #1838
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there any test figures comparing the regular and high output Ecoboost?
    Well, from the Ford website:
    2.7L EcoBoost - 325 HP /400 Ft-lbs
    3.5L EcoBoost - 375 / 470
    3.5L High Output EcoBoost - 450 / 510

    If a guy was willing to put a tuner on their "regular" 3.5L EcoBoost you could do some huge things I have heard. And if your truck was not loaded down with the heavy luxury stuff, it'd be pretty fast. For a while they were selling a RCSB EcoBoost truck with 4.10 gearing. Bet that was pretty entertaining.

  19. #1839
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,285
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    The one spot where I disagree is that for a toy to play with for a couple years, raptor will hold its value much better.

    Also if it was me. I’d get something with a V8.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  20. #1840
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one spot where I disagree is that for a toy to play with for a couple years, raptor will hold its value much better.

    Also if it was me. I’d get something with a V8.
    Well, the Raptor has a V6 now. It's just you Chebby guys with the nice big Hot Rod V8.

Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 82 91 92 93 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 08-01-2014, 05:24 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 01-10-2014, 07:08 PM
  3. 2013 Ford F150 /w Ecoboost

    By puya.ro in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
  4. FS: 2010 Black Ford Flex LTD AWD Ecoboost

    By lint in forum Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 05-22-2012, 10:14 AM
  5. The crazy Ford Ecoboost 3.5L V6 test

    By Cos in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 83
    Latest Threads: 02-05-2011, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •