Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 103 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 103 of 257 FirstFirst ... 93 102 103 104 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mine was a 13 too that was dog sh*t. Interesting.
    I loved the rest of the truck, but the engine just scared me beyond warranty.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Mine was a 13 too that was dog sh*t. Interesting.
    To be fair, I haven't come across anyone that had as shitty as an experience as you.

I rode my '12 and '16 EB till they were both out of warranty (125k and 70k respectively), both the 3.5L EB, and had zero issues. and my '19 is now just over 11k... I have had pretty good experiences with them, but I have heard of a few horror stories similar to yours, just never quite as bad.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Rear tires wear faster in city too. But you want best ores on steering/braking axle....
    This is literally the exact opposite of what I have always done. I was always under the impression the new or best tires always go on the back axel not the steering axel because nothing impacts driving dynamics more then oversteer. Understeer I can fight, oversteer is a cold hearted bitch.

Color me intrigued as I never even thought of doing it the other way around.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If any of your tires are worn enough to debate their grip. Please just replace them, not play axle musical chairs.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If any of your tires are worn enough to debate their grip. Please just replace them, not play axle musical chairs.
    I feel personally attacked
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    To be fair, I haven't come across anyone that had as shitty as an experience as you.

I rode my '12 and '16 EB till they were both out of warranty (125k and 70k respectively), both the 3.5L EB, and had zero issues. and my '19 is now just over 11k... I have had pretty good experiences with them, but I have heard of a few horror stories similar to yours, just never quite as bad.
    Interestingly enough I would say I have a mixed experience with MY14 ecoscrew.

I'm tenacious with ensuring my maintenance is done, and often over-done with Plugs and Fluids.... (do my oil every 5k with mobil)

I've never had any major issues with the motor or the 6r80 tranny... but have had leaking with the transfer case and rear pinion seal... (twice actually). The fan is starting to make noise at startup and I've also had a IWE done.

I do believe the biggest issue is clearly the timing chain, as I've seen many people rock huge milage on the motor after getting this work done to take care of the rattle.

that said... I also know people who have never had the rattle with motors over 230+k and just does motorcraft oil changes at 8k intervals (the works)

Does anyone know whether the rattle is a sign the timing chain actually will break? I've never read any confirmation of this... though people do get it done when the noise appears.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    Interestingly enough I would say I have a mixed experience with MY14 ecoscrew.

I'm tenacious with ensuring my maintenance is done, and often over-done with Plugs and Fluids.... (do my oil every 5k with mobil)

I've never had any major issues with the motor or the 6r80 tranny... but have had leaking with the transfer case and rear pinion seal... (twice actually). The fan is starting to make noise at startup and I've also had a IWE done.

I do believe the biggest issue is clearly the timing chain, as I've seen many people rock huge milage on the motor after getting this work done to take care of the rattle.

that said... I also know people who have never had the rattle with motors over 230+k and just does motorcraft oil changes at 8k intervals (the works)

Does anyone know whether the rattle is a sign the timing chain actually will break? I've never read any confirmation of this... though people do get it done when the noise appears.
    your issues don't even come close to comparing what @Cos went through. He didn't even have access to his truck for months on end while the engine got pulled apart multiple times, and still didn't have his issues resolved.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

No. It's the opposite. It's the chain stretching and rattling around on the timing cover. It'll skip timing eventually, or wear through the timing cover causing issues.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

your issues don't even come close to comparing what @Cos went through. He didn't even have access to his truck for months on end while the engine got pulled apart multiple times, and still didn't have his issues resolved.
    I think I was one of the first people to have the timing chain issue. I remember meeting the engineer from Ontario and them having the timing chain and guides off to the side. The connection didn't register until years later.

I do agree with what people say though, if they're going to work they're great. We have a fleet of these, 2 assigned to me personally, and even those one is rock solid, bagged, and still good on gas. The other sounds daily like it is going to throw up and explode and gets no better than 18L/100km.

We tried to go to Dodge 1/2 trucks for a bit, still have a few kicking around, but Ford lost 1 year of sales to us and I suspect dropped the price again as they all showed up.
    Cos...

I think I was one of the first people to have the timing chain issue. I remember meeting the engineer from Ontario and them having the timing chain and guides off to the side. The connection didn't register until years later.

I do agree with what people say though, if they're going to work they're great. We have a fleet of these, 2 assigned to me personally, and even those one is rock solid, bagged, and still good on gas. The other sounds daily like it is going to throw up and explode and gets no better than 18L/100km.

We tried to go to Dodge 1/2 trucks for a bit, still have a few kicking around, but Ford lost 1 year of sales to us and I suspect dropped the price again as they all showed up.
    I think the ecoboost motors aren't without their issues, but surprisingly they aren't "turbo" issues but rather issues with Ford's adoption of variable valve timing

I think if you were to look at the half tons over the last 5-10 years, the F-150 coyote (with the exception of the oval piston problems) may be the most reliable of all trucks inclusive of the Tundra.

My Ride

I think the ecoboost motors aren't without their issues, but surprisingly they aren't "turbo" issues but rather issues with Ford's adoption of variable valve timing

I think if you were to look at the half tons over the last 5-10 years, the F-150 coyote (with the exception of the oval piston problems) may be the most reliable of all trucks inclusive of the Tundra.
    I guess the new coyotes are having a bad run at the moment, but it's still a new motor with the DI and such. Glad I went with ol' reliable in 2016. Interested to see how the new generation of engines pans out for ford. I'm still eyeing a diesel in the next couple years though.

My Ride
    LNF

I would argue the GM 6.0L gas engine in the GM 3/4 tons as being the most reliable alongside the Tundra.. Old technology haha

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Interested to see how the new generation of engines pans out for ford. I'm still eyeing a diesel in the next couple years though.
    I would have adopted one for my last truck and been happy to test it, but I wasn't interested in the 4k premium over my 3.5L EB.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Joining the dark side. Got myself a new '19 Lariat Sport 502A 2.7L eco with 3.73 axle.

I'll miss the Tacoma, kinda.
    Last edited by OTown; 02-03-2020 at 08:58 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Joining the dark side. Got myself a new '19 Lariat 502A 2.7L eco with 3.73 axle.

I'll miss the Tacoma, kinda.
    Nice! what color? I see you got the tow package with the 3.73 rear end, I am curious to know if you will be towing...I wanna know how the 2.7L does under that kinda load.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

Magnetic Grey - Not planning to be doing too much towing anytime soon but when it and the payload packages are included in the package why not. This was one of the last 2.7L '19 lariats in the city with my perfered colour and configuration. They were starting to really push the 20's so the year end deal was really aggressive.

The MPG difference from what I read is negligible (percentage points of MPG) and the added towing capability seems more useful down the road. 10 speed auto, 2.7 with 3.73 is effectively 9000lbs towing capability.

Hopefully be pulling some stuff in a few years.
    Last edited by OTown; 02-03-2020 at 09:17 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The 2.7L w/ payload package is a nice setup.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Nice! what color? I see you got the tow package with the 3.73 rear end, I am curious to know if you will be towing...I wanna know how the 2.7L does under that kinda load.
    I can chime in because I have that exact specification. I love this truck day to day driving and it gets amazing gas mileage averaging out to about 12l/100km. However towing not so much haha. Towing about 6200lbs (trailer plus gear and the whole family) I get 22l/100km going 85km/hr. If I pump it up to 100km/hr it drops further to 27l/100km. I would like to point out I am on the stock 20’s and stock Goodyear all terrains without a lift. I plan on some bigger tires and a level in the summer which will probably impact that even further.

Edit: check my notes and corrected the numbers, I was going off memory which was not right.
    Last edited by Kavy; 02-03-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I can chime in because I have that exact specification. I love this truck day to day driving and it gets amazing gas mileage averaging out to about 12l/100km. However towing not so much haha. Towing about 6200lbs (trailer plus gear and the whole family) I get 22l/100km going 85km/hr. If I pump it up to 100km/hr it drops further to 27l/100km. I would like to point out I am on the stock 20’s and stock Goodyear all terrains without a lift. I plan on some bigger tires and a level in the summer which will probably impact that even further.

Edit: check my notes and corrected the numbers, I was going off memory which was not right.
    Anyone have a 3.55 to compare? I'm guessing the 3.73 is easier on gas while towing just with having to 'work' less.

My Ride

Also, anyone have any hookups/deals for tonneau covers? I swear they have all gone up in price last couple years.

Page 103 of 257 FirstFirst ... 93 102 103 104 113 ... LastLast