Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 131 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 131 of 257 FirstFirst ... 121 130 131 132 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

have you guys considered saddle blankets seat covers? That'll spruce up any interior.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    16,000km update

Truck is still doing truck things just fine. Zero issues whatsoever. Average mpg over those 16,000kms according to the onboard computer is 12.1L/100km

I made the unfortunate mistake of driving a 2020 Chevy today. Oh boy...

The trucks are very different. The Ford is clearly the value leader in what you get per $$$. More options, better tech. In my case, it also has some major quality of life factors over the Chevy. Namely the 136L tank, which I still don't think you can get on a Chevy. There are days with my old truck I would have to fill up twice. Now, one tank all day with a refill at the end of the day. This may not seem major, but with how awful gas stations are placed in this province, usually its a 15+ minute stop to get filled up (assuming there are pumps available, god forbid its rush hour).

However, the Chevy is better in tactile feel. What do I mean by that? The truck rides better (the F150 is like a drunk sailor, thing heaves back and forth, up and down, all over the place). Chevy is controlled. Its like comparing a early 2000's Corolla to a 2000's BMW 3 series. Both get the job done, and are relatively comfortable, but the Chevy feels like you are in control. The auto in the chevy also acts like a normal automatic. I don't know what it is with this Ford 10 speed, but it is agonizingly slow getting into gear going from park to reverse or reverse to drive. And don't touch that accelerator too quickly when swapping between forward and reverse directions, or else BANG, the transmission will slam so hard you'd think you'd broken something.

Doors, same thing. They just feel better. Same with the switches and anything you touch, the Chevy is better.

No comparison though with the tech. The ford app, plus touch screen, plus transmission programmable features (between all the modes, the manual gear select, AND the top gear lockout) those can't be beat. While I hate the engine tuning (constantly feels like ignition timing is being pulled, very erratic full throttle acceleration), and the transmission tuning (refuses to downshift when power is demanded until you mash the gas, does something weird where it pushes the truck under braking forcing you to brake harder than you really should need to), the engine is still great. Tough to beat that mpg and still be able to tow 10klbs with confidence.

Overall, if I wasn't using this truck for my business and didn't need the payload and mpg, I'd gladly have sacrificed the mpg and got a 5.3L truck. But the reason why I got the truck was for the mpg. Really hoping that replacing the front struts and rear shocks help the ride, that will go a long way to making me happier with the purchase. And maybe an alignment with slight toe-in will get rid of the awful wandering.

Don't get me wrong, I like the F150. I am sure it will run to 500k kms no problem, which is the plan. It also out tows the chevy so bad that there isn't really a comparison. If I wasn't driving so much, I'd be back in an older duramax.

To summarize, key merits of the F150:

Tech
    Power
    Mpg
    Value

Negatives -
    Transmission oddities
    Poor ride and handling
    Tactile/touch quality "ok"
    The F150 has the worst ride for sure. You buy an F150 because they have the best towing capacity, although I think the other players are starting to get into the "good enough" category.

My Ride
    bus

Anybody have a referral they can pm me? Co worker is looking at grabbing a 2020 f150

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sent you a PM explaining how it works.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I haven’t notice my truck do this. 2020 model.

Weird.

Side note: anyone upgraded the speakers in their XLT?

I’m liking the factory sub and enclosure, but it’s pricey.
    @Darkane

Name:  Screenshot_20201008-122523.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  27.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    The F150 has the worst ride for sure. You buy an F150 because they have the best towing capacity, although I think the other players are starting to get into the "good enough" category.
    I would certainly agree with that statement.

A 5.3 GM double cab 4x4 in theory can tow ~9klbs and is rated for ~1900 payload. But that's with no options at all.

Already was looking into shocks as others mentioned (I actually brought that up some pages ago), but apparently to fix the drunken handling I need swaybars after reading up on it. I think I'll just get the hellwig rear swaybar to start, hate replacing parts that aren't worn like new shocks. Next spring I'll look into the shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    I would certainly agree with that statement.

A 5.3 GM double cab 4x4 in theory can tow ~9klbs and is rated for ~1900 payload. But that's with no options at all.

Already was looking into shocks as others mentioned (I actually brought that up some pages ago), but apparently to fix the drunken handling I need swaybars after reading up on it. I think I'll just get the hellwig rear swaybar to start, hate replacing parts that aren't worn like new shocks. Next spring I'll look into the shocks.
    I have the max towing package on my F150, I think the shocks are actually just solid pieces of metal.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Amazing. Thank you.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Cayman

Hey fellas,

I finally got around to taking photos and finding weblinks for current pricing on the stuff that I listed on Kijiji from the 2018 F150 that I sold 2 weeks ago. If anyone is interested in any of the items below shoot me a PM and we can talk about a better price than what I have listed on kijiji as beyond discounts are available.

20" Fuel Wheels with Nokian Hakka 8's. Bought the set last winter and used for 8k +/-. 11/32 tread depth on all 4 tires: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/c...res/1529369627

Undercover Flex hard top tri-fold tonneau box cover (model #FX21019): https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1529306514

U-Guard 3D KAGU Maxpider Custom Fitted front and rear Floor Liners.: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1529301807

Ford Box Link Cleats With Keys: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1529296082

FS: McGard Wheel Locks M14 x 1.5: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1529297827

I have a few more smaller items to add to kijiji later this week.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 10-12-2020 at 10:59 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

you got PM. I have needs and wants.

My Ride
    Cayman

reply sent with a nice beyond discount lol

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Weird.

I have a set of factory Sony door speakers for a supercrew kicking around when I upgraded mine. They're the poly cone ones, different impedance as well, vs the paper XLT ones
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I have a set of factory Sony door speakers for a supercrew kicking around when I upgraded mine. They're the poly cone ones, different impedance as well, vs the paper XLT ones
    I see.

Yeah I picked up that factory sub, it’s in great shape but it might not work for me.

I guess I needed a non Sony system with single CD to have a powered harness.

I’m still going to check if I have a powered harness in the plastic trim with an ampmeter.

If so I’ll get a cheap amp from a fusion or f150 and piece together my factory upgrade.

Or I’ll sell it if it’s too much Hassle and go nice door speakers.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Weird.

I replaced the front speakers. Easy job.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone still looking to pick up a 2020 F150, they have 0% for 72 months gong on now. That's a nice deal if you can find inventory on the options you want. Not quite the same discounts as employee pricing, but probably room to move from advertised prices I'd guess . . .

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone still looking to pick up a 2020 F150, they have 0% for 72 months gong on now. That's a nice deal if you can find inventory on the options you want. Not quite the same discounts as employee pricing, but probably room to move from advertised prices I'd guess . . .
    Financing has been cheaper i've noticed this month from Employee Pricing last month actually....
    DM me if you want to deep dive that a bit

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea well you can get a ram for 96Mo @ 0%

I’m waiting for Ford to offer 108.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Yea well you can get a ram for 96Mo @ 0%

I’m waiting for Ford to offer 108.
    I can't see Ford ever doing that.
    Dodge/Ram is notorious for the insane 96 and 108 mo. terms to push their vehicles out the door.

Ford is offering 1.49% on 84 mo. now which is super low for Ford.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Nah. Got to get those numbers up. I won’t be satisfied until you finance trucks as long as boats or rv’s
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Nah. Got to get those numbers up. I won’t be satisfied until you finance trucks as long as boats or rv’s
    lol.
    Never looked into boats - whats a financing term on boats? I can only imagine RV financing can almost go as long as a mortgage on some...

Page 131 of 257 FirstFirst ... 121 130 131 132 141 ... LastLast