Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 82 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 82 of 257 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

What is everyone running for tri-fold tonneau covers? Currently trying to decide between the Extang 2.0 and the BAKFlip MX4. Any likes/dislikes for either of these?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by ramminghard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is everyone running for tri-fold tonneau covers? Currently trying to decide between the Extang 2.0 and the BAKFlip MX4. Any likes/dislikes for either of these?
    I got the bakflip G2 and it does the trick. Found one used for $500. Bed is always nice and dry... only complaint with the bakflips is it feels a little on the softer side... I got some tiny tiny hail dings on it

My Ride
    Silverado

I had an undercover flex and it leaked like a sieve after 30 months. Got a new one under warranty. Joints seem better and its lighter than my previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    It's a Ford Trucks thread... haha.
    https://www.ford.ca/ The Expedition is not a truck according to Ford Just fucking around lol

Ive got the MX4 and i cant complain so far. I came from the 1pc undercover so i knew this would let more water through and tbh its pretty waterproof, the only times i get water in are if im spraying hard on the top edges where it sits on the bed sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    golfR

Running the MX4 for almost over a year now. Still happy with it. The only time I've had water get in is if I'm blasting water at the edges at a carwash. Even then it wasn't much.
    Bought from Tirebob (Urban X) as he was the cheapest and was local too.

ugh, got a bummed knee and can't go to the dealer... getting left door ajar on my 2014... never had a locking issue, I hope its not a wiring/sensor problem, but any ideas where to maybe spray some WD40?

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    ugh, got a bummed knee and can't go to the dealer... getting left door ajar on my 2014... never had a locking issue, I hope its not a wiring/sensor problem, but any ideas where to maybe spray some WD40?
    I dont know for sure about your gen but on the 15 plus theres major issues with door latches freezing up. I recall guys were using a lithium grease spray which helped
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    Very likely broken wire. https://www.eastgatefordpartscanada.ca/ is the cheapest if you want to buy in Canada.

Very likely broken wire. https://www.eastgatefordpartscanada.ca/ is the cheapest if you want to buy in Canada.
    Might be worth pulling apart and checking the wires if that’s the case, wouldn’t be hard at all and would save some decent coin.

This guy has a good write up:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...tml?styleid=21

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Shaganappi GM and GM Customer Care pissed me off for the last time, so me, a longtime GM fanboy just made the switch to my first ever Ford. When I bought my 15’ Sierra three years ago we also test drove a 16’ F150 3.5 EB and did prefer it to the GM but the pricing on the GM was substantially better. 3 years later I got a smoking deal on a Lead Foot Grey 18’ 3.5EB Lariat from Advantage Ford. I absolutely love the color and the EB torque combined with the 10spd makes for a very nice driving experience. It’s got the deployable running boards and sunroof, neither of which I really wanted (would have preferred adaptive cruise instead) but oh well.

My immediate plans are:
    - Tonneau cover (hard tri-fold or hard rollup) – any suggestions on which is best and who has the best price? I didn’t mind the Undercover Flex on my GM but it did let in a good bit of water every time it rained/car wash
    - A JLT catch can (though knowing that the Gen 2 EB’s also have port injection I’m not sure if this is worthwhile or not)

Some questions for beyond:
    1. I have the deployable running boards and am therefore concerned about them freezing up or getting stuck, any tips on which lube to use on the pivot points? Frequency?
    2. Break-in tips? I’ve always done it by-the-book, no short trips, no WOT, no constant engine speed for long periods of time for 1000km. Then shortly thereafter do an oil change and put in synthetic oil.
    3. Heard a bit about Forscan, seems like a nice little gadget, appears to be quite similar to the obdeleven on the VW MK7 platform. Worth it? Warranty issues? This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Forscan-elm327...=forscan&psc=1
    4. Anything I should be doing or keeping an eye on?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Forscan is worth it. It's for little shit things like turning off the TPMS if you are too cheap to get sensors (although I just found a setting that specifies 2009 or 2015 TPMS sensors, so that might be my problem).

Turning off the double honk when you exit the truck with your key with the truck running.
    Bambi mode (fogs stay on with high beams).
    setting your tires sizes.
    changing Sync look and feel. Functions the same.
    There is so much more.

My Ride
    golfR

Got a Bakflip MX4 for Tirebob, happy with the choice and he was the best price locally and online.
    That's a sweet colour. Mine is somewhat the same except for the 2017 it's called Lithium Grey.
    I never bothered with the catch can since it has port injection.

Forscan is worth it. It's for little shit things like turning off the TPMS if you are too cheap to get sensors (although I just found a setting that specifies 2009 or 2015 TPMS sensors, so that might be my problem).

Turning off the double honk when you exit the truck with your key with the truck running.
    There is so much more.
    I like the double honk. Actually saved me a couple of times when the keys are in the wife's bag when I dropped her off.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Congrats on the purchase. Absolutely, yes, ten thousand percent get a catch can! And do it sooner than later. The EcoBoosts have a bad habit of coating all your intake piping and the backs of the valves with blowny. I waited too long and had to do a full intake tract service and walnut blast the valves. Wish I’d run a catch can from new.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

When I was looking at tonneau covers, tonneau cover dept (aka auto truck depot) had the best prices. They are local, although the website doesn't highlight that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

There is so much more.
    Good to know, thanks Benyl, any warranty issues? I paid for the extended warranty and don't want to do anything that could give me any hassles down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    Got a Bakflip MX4 for Tirebob, happy with the choice and he was the best price locally and online.
    That's a sweet colour. Mine is somewhat the same except for the 2017 it's called Lithium Grey.
    I never bothered with the catch can since it has port injection.
    Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. Absolutely, yes, ten thousand percent get a catch can! And do it sooner than later. The EcoBoosts have a bad habit of coating all your intake piping and the backs of the valves with blowny. I waited too long and had to do a full intake tract service and walnut blast the valves. Wish I’d run a catch can from new.
    Is yours one of the Gen 2 EB's? I thought with them adding port injection the fuel would do a decent job of washing the intake valves? But yah I've had to do a walnut blast on my old E90, massive PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    When I was looking at tonneau covers, tonneau cover dept (aka auto truck depot) had the best prices. They are local, although the website doesn't highlight that.
    Good to know

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Congrats on the purchase ! Rented a 18 within the 3.5 and the 10 speed it was an amazing truck to drive ! So fun. Certainly on the list to buy in the new year. Love the colour BTW !
    Ps truck had some serious ballz as well
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase ! Rented a 18 within the 3.5 and the 10 speed it was an amazing truck to drive ! So fun. Certainly on the list to buy in the new year. Love the colour BTW !
    Ps truck had some serious ballz as well
    Thanks!

Yah my GM with the 5.3 felt anemic in comparison

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Apparently unloaded the 2.7 is about as fast as the 3.5 ecoboost. Both are quite a bit faster than the GM 5.3, which is a fine engine itself.

A buddy of mine just bought a GM 6.2L truck. He's really happy with it compared to his previous 5.3L.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Good to know, thanks Benyl, any warranty issues? I paid for the extended warranty and don't want to do anything that could give me any hassles down the road.
    Haven't brought it in yet. Only 10K kms so far. I plan on resetting everything to stock. You can save your changes to a file. So, I'll take an image and then flip it all back. It only take 10 minutes. I have a wifi version of the ODBX. the longest part of the process is getting it connected! haha

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Page 82 of 257 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast