Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 123 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 123 of 257 FirstFirst ... 113 122 123 124 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's possible that cam clark being a larger dealer helped them find the last few bucks too. They get the big volume kickbacks from Ford too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

Sounds like the spec I'd go for. Post picks and payload when you get it

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You know I will baby
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's possible that cam clark being a larger dealer helped them find the last few bucks too. They get the big volume kickbacks from Ford too.
    Which sales guy from Cam Clark did you end up going with? I'm sure you had a lot of PM's saying "use my guy". (Mine included haha)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I did have recommendations for a lot of people. Three people told me to use Ed Wan, and I tried to, but he wouldn't even return my inquiries. So I ended up going through manager named Mike Sperian, and he got salesguy Chad Laverick to handle the back-and-forth. Chad was flawless, worked well by email and phone. An upstanding beyond member will be splitting that referral cash with me.

Shout-out to James MacDonald at Woodridge though. Another guy who was amazing at modern communication. He prefers text to email, but him and I worked well together and he would have closed the deal if he had the exact truck I needed. He worked incredibly hard to modify trucks already on order to my specs, and by god, he nearly did it. In the end, he just had a harder job because his dealership didn't have quite the right truck, and modifying it in the service department after delivery was a big job, so his hands were tied.

Sherwood, Marlbrough, Universal and other dealerships all were in the mix to locate the correct truck, but I'm picky as hell and they weren't able to help me.

The big tow mirrors are extremely, extremely popular.

CEL came on on my F150. P0172. Took it to Metro Ford. They did an oil change and recommended that the timing chains get replaced at the low, low cost of $3000. I replaced the manifold MAF sensor and cleaned the rest, CEL still on. Took it to Knibbe, couple of cylinders were misfiring, spark plugs had never been changed. Cost about $500. They told me they cleared the KAM, but I don't think they drained it quite enough as the CEL went immediately back on. Replaced the PCV valve - there was no way it was able to close properly with the amount of caked-on oil on it. Reset the KAM for sure. Fuel trim levels swung 50% at idle (from +25% to -25%) on bank 1. Code hasn't come back since, there's been 8 drive cycles. ODBII tool is sure nice to have.

Also got the transmission shift points to where I like them. Previous owner liked to accelerate faster than I liked.
    Last edited by suntan; 09-03-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Congrats on finding the truck you wanted! The 3.5 Eb and pano were both options i didnt want after reading the forums but after driving a 3.5 EB with pano there was no way i could do without haha. The EB is a beast of a motor but after having the cams done once already and them making the noise again now im not sure what to think. Thankfully i still have warranty but getting them done twice all within 65k kms is not leaving me that warm and fuzzy feeling about not having to do it again. I dont regret the pano at all as i use it all the time and even when its not open i leave the shade open which makes it more spacious feeling, i just hope im not doing the pano repair because now im out of warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Lariat

Sounds exactly like the one I spec'd out through Marlborough a few months ago. Almost pulled the trigger and they decided to keep looking used.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have already decided, My next truck will be in 2022. I really want the new F150 hybrid setup with the 7200 watt genny built in. I would do 2021, but gonna let the first year bugs get worked out first.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I did have recommendations for a lot of people. Three people told me to use Ed Wan, and I tried to, but he wouldn't even return my inquiries. So I ended up going through manager named Mike Sperian, and he got salesguy Chad Laverick to handle the back-and-forth. Chad was flawless, worked well by email and phone. An upstanding beyond member will be splitting that referral cash with me.

Shout-out to James MacDonald at Woodridge though. Another guy who was amazing at modern communication. He prefers text to email, but him and I worked well together and he would have closed the deal if he had the exact truck I needed. He worked incredibly hard to modify trucks already on order to my specs, and by god, he nearly did it. In the end, he just had a harder job because his dealership didn't have quite the right truck, and modifying it in the service department after delivery was a big job, so his hands were tied.

Sherwood, Marlbrough, Universal and other dealerships all were in the mix to locate the correct truck, but I'm picky as hell and they weren't able to help me.
    James is good people.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
    James is good people.
    I agree. Although it's possible that James doesn't think I am good people.

Ed is probably the laziest sales person I've ever dealt with but he will just give you the money right off the bat which is why i think he comes so highly recommended.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Ed is probably the laziest sales person I've ever dealt with but he will just give you the money right off the bat which is why i think he comes so highly recommended.
    Lazy or smart?

Although you're right. He really is probably too chill. I am actually surprised he has stuck it out in Airdrie for so long. Sales Managers usually get tired of people there who do that, although Im not in the industry so don't know specifics.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I can't comment other than to say I wasn't able to get him to communicate with me.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Good you found someone you could work with and are getting the truck you want.

You have to either call him or just go in and see him. He is really busy but he's also old been there 27 years I think and hasn't really adapted with the times.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You have to either call him or just go in and see him. He is really busy but he's also old been there 27 years I think and hasn't really adapted with the times.
    Nah, I'm good.

Congrats ES

Are you planning on getting a extended warranty? The timing sets in the 2.7 and 3.5 are still a problem from what I’ve read.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Congrats ES

Are you planning on getting a extended warranty? The timing sets in the 2.7 and 3.5 are still a problem from what I’ve read.
    Yes but apparently the timing chain may not be covered under warranty or is very easy to explain away. Like the plugs and phasors in the 5.4.
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Yes but apparently the timing chain may not be covered under warranty or is very easy to explain away. Like the plugs and phasors in the 5.4.
    That would be greasy if ford did that.

Page 123 of 257 FirstFirst ... 113 122 123 124 133 ... LastLast