Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 114 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 114 of 257 FirstFirst ... 104 113 114 115 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do similar discounts apply to the Lariat 502A as well?
    I'll start contacting dealerships this week for a 2019/2020 replacement to my 2017.

How should I go on about negotiating prices based on these new discounts?
    (Invoice + dealer profit+PDI/delivery)-manufacturer rebates?

Also, if any body has contacts at dealerships around Calgary or Edmonton shoot me a pm.

Thank you.
    I bought from Ed Wan at Cam clark and they were the best price in calgary for me. If you find one there they have a $700 referral thing that you can keep and use towards your new truck. Pm me if you buy from there and ill give you my name
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

At the very least for any Ford truck, you should make your dealership beat the prices that Marlborough Ford posts on thier website. They have the clearest pricing I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I'll start contacting dealerships this week for a 2019/2020 replacement to my 2017.

Also, if any body has contacts at dealerships around Calgary or Edmonton shoot me a pm.

Thank you.
    Here’s a good start. Almost 19k off.

https://www.dennyandrewsfordsales.ca...7b9d1b1a30.htm
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Thank you.
    Yes. Lariat 502a with 2.7 and sport appearance actually has another $1500 incentive on it from the factory, it's built into the sticker. So I think $11,000 from Ford and your dealer would do another $6,000. (Marlborough Ford listings)

My Ride
    bus

I went into Cam Clark ford in Airdrie this week and Ed is a pretty cool old dude, best salesman I’ve come across so far. Didn’t pull the trigger as trade-in values are in the toilet right now and inventory is still low on the 2020’s. I’m going to wait until the 2021’s and most likely buy it from Ed

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    I went into Cam Clark ford in Airdrie this week and Ed is a pretty cool old dude, best salesman I’ve come across so far. Didn’t pull the trigger as trade-in values are in the toilet right now and inventory is still low on the 2020’s. I’m going to wait until the 2021’s and most likely buy it from Ed
    Ya inventory is crazy low right now for the 2020s and this week is the last week to put in any factory orders.
    Can't quite pull the trigger yet as well as I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurance if they're going to write off my 2017.
    Abyss Grey has been discontinued as of a couple months ago.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Ya inventory is crazy low right now for the 2020s and this week is the last week to put in any factory orders.
    Can't quite pull the trigger yet as well as I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurance if they're going to write off my 2017.
    Abyss Grey has been discontinued as of a couple months ago.
    Abyss is such an awesome color. I am pretty happy I got mine. I guess not a lot of people wanted it...? Such a shame to discontinue a pretty unique color, Toyota is the only other brand I can think of off the top of my head that offers a similar color.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Abyss is such an awesome color. I am pretty happy I got mine. I guess not a lot of people wanted it...? Such a shame to discontinue a pretty unique color, Toyota is the only other brand I can think of off the top of my head that offers a similar color.
    Best combination would be Abyss Grey and Black Appearance Package but that's a no go on the Lariat.
    You can only get it if you get the XL Trim with the STX Package.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Best combination would be Abyss Grey and Black Appearance Package but that's a no go on the Lariat.
    You can only get it if you get the XL Trim with the STX Package.
    It's easy to get that on a lariat. Either plastidip the grill, or take one off a wrecked f150. I have been debating either, and it is a pretty simple swap.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Ram is introducing 10 special edition colours this year to honour 5 branches of USA military. 2 out of 10 are on the lots now. I think Ceramic Gray is close to Abyss.

My Ride

I like that grey.

So tomorrow at 6!!

I hope they reveal an engine that will truly distance the half ton class. They said something about the most powerful engine in the class. But I thought the 3.5HO already does that. Shrug.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I like that grey.

So tomorrow at 6!!

I hope they reveal an engine that will truly distance the half ton class. They said something about the most powerful engine in the class. But I thought the 3.5HO already does that. Shrug.
    I think they would have to introduce a hybrid or full EV to do that. That's the next step in power with these trucks at upper trim levels. It's pretty much confirmed the 2022 Tundra will offer a 3.5 V6 Turbo Hybrid. I know Ford is working on a full EV version, but I think hybrids are where it's at for mass consumption while keeping costs reasonable.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    I think they would have to introduce a hybrid or full EV to do that. That's the next step in power with these trucks at upper trim levels. It's pretty much confirmed the 2022 Tundra will offer a 3.5 V6 Turbo Hybrid. I know Ford is working on a full EV version, but I think hybrids are where it's at for mass consumption while keeping costs reasonable.
    That's the irony of Hybrids and PHEVs currently. The vehicles that would most benefit, being anything with high consumption, haven't been made hybrids. A Prius really doesn't need to use less fuel.

I know that GM pushed out their hybrid trucks and SUVs. Not sure why they failed. Guess the market wasn't ready for them.

My Ride
    Trucks

Dodge trucks with the Hemi and e-torque get a 2 MPG fuel savings over the regular 5.7L engine. Likely no truck owner cares. Small car gets 2 MPG savings with hybrid and owners cream their pants. Not much else to it.

I'm excited and not to see the new f150 haha Im sure its going to be nice but i got a feeling the prices are going to get even higher. I wouldnt be surprised to see lariats msrp at $75+.
    I bet they will offer the 3.5HO on lower trims too

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    Same experience here, no pressure at all. I wasnt sure what i wanted so he handed me the keys to a couple trucks and said come back when youre done. They have a referrral program there which gives you something like $700. lmk if you buy from them and ill give you my name so you can get you the referral fee. My buddy referred me and didnt want it either so they just took the $700 off the sale price.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

e torque isn't really a hybrid system.

I'm talking 500hp full size truck that gets 30mpg on the highway. That's how you move the needle with truck engines.

My Ride

e torque isn't really a hybrid system.

I'm talking 500hp full size truck that gets 30mpg on the highway. That's how you move the needle with truck engines.
    Yep. I’m on board.

I’m looking forward to the hybrid.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Ram is introducing 10 special edition colours this year to honour 5 branches of USA military. 2 out of 10 are on the lots now. I think Ceramic Gray is close to Abyss.
    Looks more like a blend between leadfoot grey and abyss

One of the reasons I don't want to ditch my Lariat is cause I love the leadfoot grey.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    I'm excited and not to see the new f150 haha Im sure its going to be nice but i got a feeling the prices are going to get even higher. I wouldnt be surprised to see lariats msrp at $75+.
    I bet they will offer the 3.5HO on lower trims too
    I don't really feel comfortable paying more for a truck than I did for my '19, and without the discounts, add in the freight, PDI, and taxes and it would have been near $80k, and that is bonkers.

Having said that, I am VERY interested in a F150 EV, or even a hybrid. I spend about $400/month in gas, and if I could half that, I would be happy to put that money into the purchase price of the truck.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

^^^It's insane how much truck prices have gone up but they have stepped up huge in terms of comfort and features. I remember seeing the first round of 2015 f150's going for full msrp so id be surprised if these didnt

Page 114 of 257 FirstFirst ... 104 113 114 115 124 ... LastLast