Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 165 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 165 of 257 FirstFirst ... 155 164 165 166 175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    06 WRX

Went into Metro Ford today interested in the powerboost and was told I'd never be able to test drive any 3.5L (wasn't holding out hope I could drive the hybrid, but any 3.5L?) and I'd never be able to see a Lariat before placing an order. I knew things were bad and wait times are brutal, but does this sound right? I don't need a new vehicle right now, so I can wait if need be. I can't imagine spending this kind of money without at least seeing one and driving something similar.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by tenth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went into Metro Ford today interested in the powerboost and was told I'd never be able to test drive any 3.5L (wasn't holding out hope I could drive the hybrid, but any 3.5L?) and I'd never be able to see a Lariat before placing an order. I knew things were bad and wait times are brutal, but does this sound right? I don't need a new vehicle right now, so I can wait if need be. I can't imagine spending this kind of money without at least seeing one and driving something similar.
    Considering the only thing that seems to be on the lots is the XLT package trucks with either the 2.7, or 5.0... doesnt sound too far fetched. I think Advantage has some XLT trucks with the 3.5 you could likely test drive. But as far as the power boost goes, im pretty positive that nobody has those on the lot and you HAVE to factory order them as they are flying off the lots fast if dealers do have ANY stock.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Considering the only thing that seems to be on the lots is the XLT package trucks with either the 2.7, or 5.0... doesnt sound too far fetched. I think Advantage has some XLT trucks with the 3.5 you could likely test drive. But as far as the power boost goes, im pretty positive that nobody has those on the lot and you HAVE to factory order them as they are flying off the lots fast if dealers do have ANY stock.
    Maybe, I took out a powerboost for a rip about a week ago. Like I said in a previous post, the truck pretty much drives like my current EcoBoost. The biggests thing I noticed is that when you let off the brakes in the powerboost, the truck just sits there. No creeping forward, you have to hit the gas to creep up.

My thoughts from the test drive other than the creep up. The truck is the same as any other EcoBoost. The ride is the same, acceleration, braking, etc. The powerboost kicks in from a stop and you are on electric power until about 5-10kph, then the gas engine takes over the acceleration. Once you hit your target speed <70kph and cruising, the gas shuts off and the hybrid takes over. Over >70kph, you are still on gas and wont switch. Those numbers are rough, but probably pretty close. Other big differences between last gen and this one is the infotainment system. It's WAY better, like miles ahead. The fold flat shifter is a gimmick, but it is cool. If you are in drive, you can't tuck it away like if you are on the QE2 headed up to Edmonton. Only time you can fold it down is if you are in park. The shifter is kinda bulbus in your hand though, it felt big and blocky, on the verge of uncomfortable. The buttons on the steering wheel are not as intuitive as the last gen, at least to me coming from the previous. There are a lot of options in the 302A/502A packages that are now included that were not available before so that is adding costs too. Seats feel that same and offer the same comfort. everything else is pretty much cosmetic.

*edit* oh, and the gauge cluster. On the Lariat 502A package at least, it is 100% digital. It's a pretty screen to say the least. It keeps you appraised quite easily if you are on the electric setup, or gas. And the transitions between the two are pretty seamless. It was only slightly perceptible, and I had to be paying attention for it. Ford did a great job there.
    Last edited by spikerS; 04-24-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lariat

Maclin has a pwoerboost in a lariat right now.

Also, I drove some lariats over the weekend at both universal and advantage
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    Maclin has a pwoerboost in a lariat right now.

Also, I drove some lariats over the weekend at both universal and advantage
    How were the test drives? What kind of configurations??
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

What a crazy time. I tried telling my dad on the weekend when he finally saw our truck and he just doesn't understand how you can't just go to the dealership and pick out a vehicle right now, lol
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    How were the test drives? What kind of configurations??
    This is the one they have at Maclin @Darkane they wanted to sell me this one but the wife and I hate chrome, but love the antimatter blue.

Name:  640228791.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  137.1 KB
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    What a crazy time. I tried telling my dad on the weekend when he finally saw our truck and he just doesn't understand how you can't just go to the dealership and pick out a vehicle right now, lol
    when everyone is staying at home, not spending discretionary or essential dollars on gas, clothing, vacations... and the Feds are printing money for "economic stimulus"...

man, when things crash, its going to be 08' ugly again

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This is the one they have at Maclin @Darkane they wanted to sell me this one but the wife and I hate chrome, but love the antimatter blue.

Name:  640228791.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  137.1 KB
    I hear you about that chrome my man. That’s essentially my dream truck except need the sporting package.

Then maybe a different colour, but it’s all there for the low low price of a lot.

But... when you consider a platinum fucking rouge - yes a rouge with an NA 4 cyl - is going for 50k, well maybe it’s not bad.

Must make more money as the old beyond adage goes.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lariat

All of the ones I drove were with the 2.7 which is what I think I will be going with, seems to have plenty of power.
    Most of the ones I have looked at are 502A in sport.

I liked the tech in the 2021's, but I feel like the truck drivers 'bigger' than 2015-20 models. They seemed to have better handling and sight lines than the new 2021s. Has anyone else felt like this?
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

2.7L engine is wicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    2.7L engine is wicked.
    Agreed - most problem free motor, yet the one that brought the most cynicism

Lariat 502A 2.7 is pretty much the perfect family truck, but now is rounding to mid 60's out the door, but you can trust the driveline, 10spd and an aluminium body. I'd take that truck over any GM or Dodge right now

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    Agreed - most problem free motor, yet the one that brought the most cynicism

Lariat 502A 2.7 is pretty much the perfect family truck, but now is rounding to mid 60's out the door, but you can trust the driveline, 10spd and an aluminium body. I'd take that truck over any GM or Dodge right now
    2.7 is great. I’m happy with the drivetrain in my ‘20. 21,000kms problem free thus far.

I do hope they up the power a bit, just because lol. That engine has made 335/380 in other applications.

Would be nice to see 350/425. It would be like first gen 3.5L.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

2.7 is great. I’m happy with the drivetrain in my ‘20. 21,000kms problem free thus far.

I do hope they up the power a bit, just because lol. That engine has made 335/380 in other applications.

Would be nice to see 350/425. It would be like first gen 3.5L.
    2.7L makes 325/400 this time around...

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    2.7L makes 325/400 this time around...
    You bet. It’s made that same power since the dual fuel injection update from model year 2018. It also got the 10sp that year too.

They didn’t touch the engine for model year ‘21.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

You bet. It’s made that same power since the dual fuel injection update from model year 2018. It also got the 10sp that year too.

They didn’t touch the engine for model year ‘21.
    Both the 2.7 and 3.5L take tunes really nicely. If you want a bit more power, plenty of companies out there will sell you the tuner with pre-canned tunes for $500. Unless you are fucking with other things like intake and exhaust, custom tunes are pretty pointless.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I can't even use half the throttle on my 3.5L. honestly not sure what I'd do with more power, aside from buy tires more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Both the 2.7 and 3.5L take tunes really nicely. If you want a bit more power, plenty of companies out there will sell you the tuner with pre-canned tunes for $500. Unless you are fucking with other things like intake and exhaust, custom tunes are pretty pointless.
    Yeah, I hear you there. Later on I might tune, but I do like warranty.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    06 S2000

Love the 2.7. Pleasantly surprised by it. No need to tune, when I'm handing the keys back in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Im in the 2.7 as well.

First problem for me has popped up. 400w inverter is not functional, intermittenly. Seems to be random when the indicator light on the outlet is either off or on. I checked fuses and re-seated the connectors at the inverter to no avail. Might have just got a doa unit. Ill have them look at it when I get oil change in couple mos.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 165 of 257 FirstFirst ... 155 164 165 166 175 ... LastLast