Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 88 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 88 of 257 FirstFirst ... 78 87 88 89 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I had mine done last august. Phasers/solenoids, cam chains and sprockets, tensioners. My exhaust and intake cams weren't mirroring, if I recall my exhaust cams were staying at 0 degrees while the intake would swing to almost 50

As for the pin hole, there is a drain hole in the middle section of the exhaust that looks like a leak when its cold, but it isn't.
    How many km were you when you had yours replaced? What were your issues before you had yours replaced?
    Only issue on mine is that there's a rattle during cold start-ups. Once running the rattle goes away.
    Never noticed any drop in power or increase mileage.

Do you know where in the middle section the hole would be?
    I just told them to look into it as I didn't get a chance to completely inspect it myself.
    I just noticed that I have started to develop a round patch(6" in diameter) of soot on my garage floor right below where the exhaust sits.
    It's in between the front pipe and where both pipes meet from the exhaust manifolds.

My Ride
    RSTi

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    How many km were you when you had yours replaced? What were your issues before you had yours replaced?
    I just told them to look into it as I didn't get a chance to completely inspect it myself.
    I just noticed that I have started to develop a round patch(6" in diameter) of soot on my garage floor right below where the exhaust sits.
    It's in between the front pipe and where both pipes meet from the exhaust manifolds.
    I've had the same thing with my Explorer Sport a couple of times, assumed it was a leak but interesting that it's actually a drain.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

yup, condensation drains so your exhaust doesn't rust out. Totally normal.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Only issue on mine is that there's a rattle during cold start-ups. Once running the rattle goes away.

I had about 30k on it? maybe 34? I can't recall exactly but I was chasing a heavy throttle shudder between 2-3000rpm. Prominent going up the stoney hill before sarcee if you lock in 7 and roll into the throttle to WOT. I was chasing that since about 21k though, and had to take the shop manager out to replicate it properly because I don't think they ever did. Now, since I've had that fix done it still does it, and I've driven my buddies 17 and it does the same thing, so I think its just a characteristic of the engine. I've changed plugs, regapped, all filters, etc and there was no change.

Now the rattle you're hearing is a BW phaser sound. They have TSB's to "reduce" that rattle but nothing gets rid of it, including changing the parts. There's a giant thread on F150forums about it and some people claim its a bad sound, others (like myself who have experienced it before and after a full swap) feel its not a bad sound. It sounds like like an indexing noise, and it only does it when cold, and goes away when warm. I have videos of my engine making the noise when I had my gopro stuck underneath to see if my IWE's were working right. Its easy to reproduce by lifting off light throttle while driving shortly after startup. Once the engine hits 60 degrees you can't hear it anymore. Engines make lots of noises when they're cold that they don't when warm. Not only that if you listen to almost any ford engine with this style of cam phaser they will all do it (I heard an 06 lincoln I was standing beside start up and it did it too). A number of other manufacturers have the same sounds from theirs.

And your exhaust hole sounds exactly where the drain hole is, and its doing its job not letting moisture sit in the piping. If you're outside when its cold once you can start it and peek underneath, you can see it spitting moisture. As well you can sometimes hear it.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_10 View Post
    There was no low coolant warning light, truck goes in Thursday to see what the fuck is going on. I’ve already added a jug of Prestone and the coolant is back to well below MIN. Truck cab does have a funky coolant smell to it and I’m getting terrible gas mileage tho not sure if that has anything to do with anything. At this rate I’m gonna have to start the lemon process.
    I have been losing coolant on my 2018 with 17k kms took it in and was told that it was leaking at the radiator and that parts would get here in a week or so. According to service / parts at Airdrie and Metro Ford they have been getting a lot of 2018 F150s coming in for coolant leaks in the last few weeks as they were all sold out of the pink coolant

I looked through a few pages of the thread on Roush air intakes and didnt find any mentions and too lazy to go through the remaing 68 pages. Do any of you recommend going with the roush or would you go with another brand? I am more so doing it for the noise factor
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 04-09-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Shit, i have an 18 EB and when its cold she rattles bad too at start up. I thought this was normal lol Looks like i should be taking it in
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I had about 30k on it? maybe 34? I can't recall exactly but I was chasing a heavy throttle shudder between 2-3000rpm. Prominent going up the stoney hill before sarcee if you lock in 7 and roll into the throttle to WOT. I was chasing that since about 21k though, and had to take the shop manager out to replicate it properly because I don't think they ever did. Now, since I've had that fix done it still does it, and I've driven my buddies 17 and it does the same thing, so I think its just a characteristic of the engine. I've changed plugs, regapped, all filters, etc and there was no change.

Now the rattle you're hearing is a BW phaser sound. They have TSB's to "reduce" that rattle but nothing gets rid of it, including changing the parts. There's a giant thread on F150forums about it and some people claim its a bad sound, others (like myself who have experienced it before and after a full swap) feel its not a bad sound. It sounds like like an indexing noise, and it only does it when cold, and goes away when warm. I have videos of my engine making the noise when I had my gopro stuck underneath to see if my IWE's were working right. Its easy to reproduce by lifting off light throttle while driving shortly after startup. Once the engine hits 60 degrees you can't hear it anymore. Engines make lots of noises when they're cold that they don't when warm. Not only that if you listen to almost any ford engine with this style of cam phaser they will all do it (I heard an 06 lincoln I was standing beside start up and it did it too). A number of other manufacturers have the same sounds from theirs.

And your exhaust hole sounds exactly where the drain hole is, and its doing its job not letting moisture sit in the piping. If you're outside when its cold once you can start it and peek underneath, you can see it spitting moisture. As well you can sometimes hear it.
    I never had any rattle when driving, even under load at any RPM range.
    Never had a shudder but I do make that commute you mentioned maybe I'll try to lock it in 7th and try.

You might be right about the drain hole. After looking into it further in the forums, the drain hole is right around where I suspect the "leak" is.
    My issue now is that I've had the truck for 2 years now but it was only recently that I started to develop a patch of black soot on my garage floor.
    Or maybe it's always been there and I just started noticing it recently

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Shit, i have an 18 EB and when its cold she rattles bad too at start up. I thought this was normal lol Looks like i should be taking it in
    You should take it in and have the dealership to check.
    Mine is currently at Universal.
    We'll see if the fix from Ford actually gets rid of the sound.
    On the forums, it's a hit or miss as some guys are still getting some sort of rattle but not as pronounced.

My rattle only lasts about 2-3 seconds on a cold start. Once running at idle or even driving I don't get any rattle.
    I notice it more when it's cold out and the truck has been sitting outside for a while and I start it.
    With it being warmer last week and the truck sitting in the garage, I get no rattle at start-up.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    I have been losing coolant on my 2018 with 17k kms took it in and was told that it was leaking at the radiator and that parts would get here in a week or so. According to service / parts at Airdrie and Metro Ford they have been getting a lot of 2018 F150s coming in for coolant leaks in the last few weeks as they were all sold out of the pink coolant

I've noticed that my coolant is dropping. Where was your leak?

I never had any rattle when driving, even under load at any RPM range.
    Never had a shudder but I do make that commute you mentioned maybe I'll try to lock it in 7th and try.

You might be right about the drain hole. After looking into it further in the forums, the drain hole is right around where I suspect the "leak" is.
    My issue now is that I've had the truck for 2 years now but it was only recently that I started to develop a patch of black soot on my garage floor.
    Or maybe it's always been there and I just started noticing it recently

I've had the exact same black spot develop in my garage where the drain hole is so it's definitely the truck :p

My Ride
    golfR

Got the truck back after a couple of days in the shop.
    Phasers had excessive wear according to the service order and all four have been replaced.
    No more rattle on start-up.

Got the truck back after a couple of days in the shop.
    Phasers had excessive wear according to the service order and all four have been replaced.
    No more rattle on start-up.
    was your issue only on colder days or was it all the time if the engines been sitting? I dont think mines rattled lately but ill check tomorrow morning. Mine was really bad on cold days
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’ve got a 16 with 92k that’s rattling on every start now.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    was your issue only on colder days or was it all the time if the engines been sitting? I dont think mines rattled lately but ill check tomorrow morning. Mine was really bad on cold days
    Only if the truck has been sitting and if it's cold.
    I've had the truck sit in the garage for 4 days when it was warm and the rattle wasn't there when I started.
    Had it parked outside while it was cold for a couple of hours and it had the rattle on start-up.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I've noticed that my coolant is dropping. Where was your leak?
    just picked up the truck and they replaced the engine block heater.

Also they are now disabling the block heater when you bring your trucks in for service and giving you a nice 1 page letter with their service receipt explaining why they are doing this. Hopefully they will have a fix in time for next winter.

watch out for another incoming recall on tire pressure sensors failing as I was told that a lot of trucks are coming with faulty sensors as I have now gone in twice with 1 of the 4 sensors not being recognized by the vehicle.

Also i wanted to share that I looked into installing the Roush air intake at the dealership and even though they sell the intake at parts and are installed by the service department; I would be voiding warranty.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 04-17-2019 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Traded my wheels and tires for a set of Method’s (not in the best condition but plan on replacing anyway) with pretty well brand new BFG ko2’s. 315/70r/17’s DO NOT fit on a levelling kit without rubbing. Going to likely have to get the sawsaz out today and trim the crash bars up front since they’re rubbing there the most on full tilt/turn. Looks badass though

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

I also hear a rattle/tick when starting it cold, can only hear it if standing outside though, goes away when warm. 18' 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    just picked up the truck and they replaced the engine block heater.

Also they are now disabling the block heater when you bring your trucks in for service and giving you a nice 1 page letter with their service receipt explaining why they are doing this. Hopefully they will have a fix in time for next winter.
    Seriously, this recall has been known for months and they still don't have a fix for it?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    I also hear a rattle/tick when starting it cold, can only hear it if standing outside though, goes away when warm. 18' 3.5 EB

Seriously, this recall has been known for months and they still don't have a fix for it?
    Parts are expected December 2019. Trust me, I’m pissed.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Just plug it in.... if it burns it burns. New truck time then haha

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I haven't even been to the dealership for the original recall :P

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Would anyone be interested in a set of 17x8.5 +0 offset “double standard” method race wheels?

Waiting on my new 1552’s to arrive and looking to sell these. They have some chipping around the silver from clear coat peeling. Would make a great winter setup or even if you decided to repaint them as well. I think $360 would be fair. Hopefully get pulled off in the next couple weeks

Page 88 of 257 FirstFirst ... 78 87 88 89 98 ... LastLast