Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 99 of 257 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does ford leave the gear selector in the console? Do you prefer it? Moving it to the dash frees up so much console space.
    I wanted it there specifically. Comes with the sport appearance package I believe. Preference and options are a lovely thing, you don't have to have it there, lots of F150s have column shift.

- - - Updated - - -

My APIM stopped working today, for some reason. Started the truck, flashed the Ford logo up, back up camera worked fine, and then screen never booted. Plugged in to AA on my phone and it shows the screen and GPS works but no touch. Volume, radio, climate all work through the hard buttons. Tried resets, soft, diagnostics mode, nothing worked. Sometimes it would not shut the cameras off when driving, sometimes it would show half the regular screen stock GPS but no other GUI, and other times just a black screen.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Is there a way to permanently shut off the auto stop start feature? I know the button on the dash but it resets every time I get out.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Is there a way to permanently shut off the auto stop start feature? I know the button on the dash but it resets every time I get out.
    You can do it in forscan, or do the button jumper method

unplug the bottom harness in the white module by the brake pedal. Done.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Why does ford leave the gear selector in the console? Do you prefer it? Moving it to the dash frees up so much console space.
    I prefer it there. When I bought my truck it was one of my "must haves", and after having a 2017 with the gear selector on the steering column I'm happy I went with the console shifter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I wanted it there specifically. Comes with the sport appearance package I believe. Preference and options are a lovely thing, you don't have to have it there, lots of F150s have column shift.

- - - Updated - - -

My APIM stopped working today, for some reason. Started the truck, flashed the Ford logo up, back up camera worked fine, and then screen never booted. Plugged in to AA on my phone and it shows the screen and GPS works but no touch. Volume, radio, climate all work through the hard buttons. Tried resets, soft, diagnostics mode, nothing worked. Sometimes it would not shut the cameras off when driving, sometimes it would show half the regular screen stock GPS but no other GUI, and other times just a black screen.
    it should come back on, when it does, check the version and update if required.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    it should come back on, when it does, check the version and update if required.
    No dice, going to the dealer just 3k shy of warranty for alikely failed unit

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

So - my truck was in today as it has been making a strange rattle on deceleration right when you let off the gas pedal.
    Truck is a 2018 5.0L with ~25k on it. Turns out it is a timing chain issue. Parts on order and booked in for late January. Cab off repair.

Sold my 2011 EB about a year after having having timing chain issues and having the repair done out of warranty. Opted for the 5.0L for the next truck as I did not want to deal with potential timing chain issues on an EB again. Great luck....least there is warranty coverage this time.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    So - my truck was in today as it has been making a strange rattle on deceleration right when you let off the gas pedal.
    Truck is a 2018 5.0L with ~25k on it. Turns out it is a timing chain issue. Parts on order and booked in for late January. Cab off repair.

Sold my 2011 EB about a year after having having timing chain issues and having the repair done out of warranty. Opted for the 5.0L for the next truck as I did not want to deal with potential timing chain issues on an EB again. Great luck....least there is warranty coverage this time.
    I have a colleague with a 2018 Limited EB with the same issue. Rattle on deceleration and acceleration. He took it into Maclin as Metro Ford said they couldn't get him in until mid December. They replaced the heads c/w cams and VCT modules, the timing chain and tensioners. He picked it up on Friday and still had the rattle (acknowledged by the foreman and manager). They told him to take it home and see if it continued or if things were just getting settled. On the way home he couldn't go over 60 kmph, his auto stop/start no longer worked (it would just crank for about 30 seconds before finally starting, and he had no turbo at all. When he looked under the hood pretty much every clamp or clip was broken. Monday morning he goes to drive it back to Maclin and he breaks down on the side of Glenmore.

I'm a Ford guy but holy is there a ton of shitting on Ford going on at my office as a result of this.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

^^I hope he took a ton of pics to show the broken clips/clamps and if he did please share lol
    I just got mine back for the cam phasers and its all good now but i gotta admit im not overly confident it wont come back from what i read. I get shit on all the time too for going ford but im happy with it, you can buy a truck thats reliable but with 10 year old tech or a truck that will have quirks or engine failures but with constant advancements.

Ford upped the truck game huge with the 2015 and they still did a mild refresh in 18 and if all goes as planned the 2021 will be a new one. I swear im not a ford fanboy tho, i gotta admit the rams got the nicest interior now and that new denali is really growing on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

I've had the auto start/stop act up in the past. Vehicle would shut down and show an error message on the screen. Happened going up the hill on Shaganappi.

Metro did the timing chain replacement on my 2011, and I was happy with the work done. Ran well afterwards with no rattle. Late January is a long time to wait, but the vehicle was released by Ford and I was told it was okay to drive in the meantime.
    I also don't drive a ton, and have 4 other vehicles to drive...so I will just wait it out.

Dear Ford, Please don't force me to buy a Toyota.....

My Ride
    Ram

Found on road dead

I love my baby eco tho

My Ride
    Has wheels

Here I am missing the EB's now that I've been driving my Tundra for 6ish months. Still really like the look of it but I do miss the tech and drivetrain from the F150s of past.

That Toyota reliability though.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    ^^I hope he took a ton of pics to show the broken clips/clamps and if he did please share lol
    He showed the foreman and I guess the guy just kind of passed it off as "oh well you know sometimes clips get broken when we have to pull things off to do work." According to him, he snapped back and said "well then you should replace what you break" but I am not sure if I believe that or not. I do know they agreed it shouldn't have been left like that, regardless of the other issues, and will be replacing them.

EDIT: Reading the text messages between him and the service advisor are pretty comical. Its definitely turned into a sales pitch to get him into a new truck versus fixing all the issues with this one.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Found this video addressing the noise I'm hearing on my 5.0

Ford TSB 18-2354 FIX! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhBsxLqIbZE

Sounds like a PCM flash may fix - take this to the dealer, or just let them diagnose a replace as needed?
    Last edited by CLiVE; 11-07-2019 at 09:45 AM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    He showed the foreman and I guess the guy just kind of passed it off as "oh well you know sometimes clips get broken when we have to pull things off to do work." According to him, he snapped back and said "well then you should replace what you break" but I am not sure if I believe that or not. I do know they agreed it shouldn't have been left like that, regardless of the other issues, and will be replacing them.

EDIT: Reading the text messages between him and the service advisor are pretty comical. Its definitely turned into a sales pitch to get him into a new truck versus fixing all the issues with this one.
    Update: Ford says they need to redo all the work they just did but parts are 6 weeks away so he can come take his truck back. He's worried it will cause more damage as last time he took it with that rattle not fixed it had to get towed 4 days later. They are pretty much telling him to either buy a new truck or to go pound sand (albeit somewhat politer) because even though its rattling and a bunch of stuff isn't working its technically drivable until the parts come in. The truck has 30k on it so its pretty crazy for this severe of an issue to happen so early and for such poor support from Ford and the dealership.

Now I have to endure a constant barrage about how Ford sucks and he will never buy one again... but I've had decent luck
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

yeah, i am on my 3rd F150 with the 3.5 EB, and zero issues. However, all these little recalls I have to deal with are pretty annoying.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

What really annoys me is the inefficiency that the whole entire getting something fixed process is. I complained about this with Jeep too, that there is a total disregard for your time and convenience......I stopped in to make the appointment for the radio module, I said hey, the APIM has decided to die and likely needs replacing...I got told well it could be something else, so we will have to make an appointment.....cue 3 weeks later (keep in mind, thats 3 weeks that I can't control the radio, the brightness of the either all white, or all black screen, can't see my climate control, can't use bluetooth, etc) it finally goes in and sure as shit, we need to replace the APIM...I was like, uh yah I said that...then they have to have approval for the part from ford (hours or days, nobody knows), then order the part, and then make another appointment in god knows what timeline to get it replaced. So, for what will likely be a span of 2 months I'm inconvenienced with 3 visits to have 1 thing replaced, and for an extended period of time I can't use basic comfort features of my truck, and there's no apparent desire to go over and above, as if once that $65K is dropped at the dealership on the purchase there's no desire to keep up customer satisfaction

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    What really annoys me is the inefficiency that the whole entire getting something fixed process is. I complained about this with Jeep too, that there is a total disregard for your time and convenience......I stopped in to make the appointment for the radio module, I said hey, the APIM has decided to die and likely needs replacing...I got told well it could be something else, so we will have to make an appointment.....cue 3 weeks later (keep in mind, thats 3 weeks that I can't control the radio, the brightness of the either all white, or all black screen, can't see my climate control, can't use bluetooth, etc) it finally goes in and sure as shit, we need to replace the APIM...I was like, uh yah I said that...then they have to have approval for the part from ford (hours or days, nobody knows), then order the part, and then make another appointment in god knows what timeline to get it replaced. So, for what will likely be a span of 2 months I'm inconvenienced with 3 visits to have 1 thing replaced, and for an extended period of time I can't use basic comfort features of my truck, and there's no apparent desire to go over and above, as if once that $65K is dropped at the dealership on the purchase there's no desire to keep up customer satisfaction
    This is the exact sentiment my colleague has as well. Its been a complete shit show getting something replaced that should be done on warranty and the time line and inconvenience is absurd for dropping that much money on something.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not having warranty does make repairs more expeditious.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 99 of 257 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast