Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 100 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 100 of 257 FirstFirst ... 90 99 100 101 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Has anyone disabled EPAS in forscan yet? Interested in giving it a try as the steering in doesn't seem to feel as natural as I would like.

My Ride
    VTAKK

How are the 2012ish F150's with the 5.0? I'm looking at one with 200 000 or so km's on it for what I think is a good price. Any common issues to look out for?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

IWE’s, oil pump gears, I’d want a bit of service history.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by benz_890 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are the 2012ish F150's with the 5.0? I'm looking at one with 200 000 or so km's on it for what I think is a good price. Any common issues to look out for?
    Well, anything that's 8 years old that's gone over 3x the warranty distance is fully into the zone where you should expect some repair bills. Budget $2k for repairs in your first year of ownership, and hope you don't need to spend it. I'm really comfortable with vehicles in that zone, but many people aren't. Over the long term, you should have a lower total cost of ownership with older vehicles, but the occasional large cost is very frightening to people.

Good thing about an F150 is that basically any shop can work on them, so you can use your favourite independent mechanic for most things.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

If anyone needs cheap beater winters, I have some for sale in marketplace.

Open to offers. Want them out of my garage.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    I am back from the dealership with some results:

Vibrating gas pedal was fixed by Ford replacing both front wheel bearings which they said were worn out as well as the actuators.

Cold start rattle they need to order parts to replace the timing chain and cam phasers so be back in 3 weeks.

The annoying TPMS issue that has haunted me for 6 months is still not resolved as they cant figure it out and they are waiting on the Ford help desk to give them more ideas. They have replaced the sensors, rotated tires, updated software and still the front drivers side is not detected by the computer.

also on the waiting for the block heater cord.

update:

I had the cold start rattling timing chain & cam phaser issue resolved as however the truck started to run hot and the engine fan went into over drive so they also replaced the radiator fan motor & thermostat.

I am very happy with the service and how I was treated at Cam Clark Airdrie so I would highly recommend them for the engine work if any of you experience the cold start rattle. I went over the engine bay and underneath and every clip and plastic pin was replaced and you cant even tell that they took this truck apart.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 12-02-2019 at 11:09 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I have a strange problem with my raptor that's quite hard to replicate unless it's negative degree weather outside and the truck has sat outside for a bit....

My driver side rear LED signal market is lazy when it's cold. I turn the signal on and it activates, then a full cycle goes by when it turns on again. Meanwhile the front one is going at normal speed, and the passenger side front signal and rear signal work same time.

Took it in yesterday and since it was too warm it wouldn't replicate. Feel like this will take a few visits to the dealer lol
    Last edited by Shlade; 12-04-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Electrical gremlins are the worst and unless Ford can replicate it in person they wont do anything.

How are you loving the Raptor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Electrical gremlins are the worst and unless Ford can replicate it in person they wont do anything.

That's all dealers.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    If anyone needs cheap beater winters, I have some for sale in marketplace.

Open to offers. Want them out of my garage.
    Still got them?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Nope, sold in 2 days for $400.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post

eh, I don't think its an electrical gremlin with the truck. I honestly think its just a tail light issue or a resistor in the tail light. I'm not too too worried. Just gotta go in when its colder out and they'll be able to see it.

Truck is honestly the best and most fun vehicle I've owned. Total beast

update:

I had the cold start rattling timing chain & cam phaser issue resolved as however the truck started to run hot and the engine fan went into over drive so they also replaced the radiator fan motor & thermostat.

I am very happy with the service and how I was treated at Cam Clark Airdrie so I would highly recommend them for the engine work if any of you experience the cold start rattle. I went over the engine bay and underneath and every clip and plastic pin was replaced and you cant even tell that they took this truck apart.
    good to know..

so far my 14' ecoscrew has 148K km, parked outside, but run Mobil 1/Penns Ultra platinum since the beginning changing every 5k km and stock FL500s filters since day 1 with no sounds yet, but I am diligent to plug it in anytime it gets below -5 and warm it up before any kind of load.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I have a colleague with a 2018 Limited EB with the same issue. Rattle on deceleration and acceleration. He took it into Maclin as Metro Ford said they couldn't get him in until mid December. They replaced the heads c/w cams and VCT modules, the timing chain and tensioners. He picked it up on Friday and still had the rattle (acknowledged by the foreman and manager). They told him to take it home and see if it continued or if things were just getting settled. On the way home he couldn't go over 60 kmph, his auto stop/start no longer worked (it would just crank for about 30 seconds before finally starting, and he had no turbo at all. When he looked under the hood pretty much every clamp or clip was broken. Monday morning he goes to drive it back to Maclin and he breaks down on the side of Glenmore.

I'm a Ford guy but holy is there a ton of shitting on Ford going on at my office as a result of this.
    Maclin is a shithole, avoid at all costs in my books. I actually haven't had any major dealer repairs in town that didn't have to go back a second time... very sad.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is there a "good" Ford service department in Calgary? My gest experience is at Marlborough, but....
    Outnofntown sounds better usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Is there a "good" Ford service department in Calgary? My gest experience is at Marlborough, but....
    Outnofntown sounds better usually.
    I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Ford service departments. Best experience I have had so far though has been at Woodridge. Northstar, Marlborough, Cam Clark have all been pretty shitty.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I haven’t had Universal pull anything on me, but I just get them to change my oil so my expectations are not high.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Advantage always treated me well.

My Ride
    Cayman

Well it looks like my cold start rattle has now returned and I have to bring the truck back in. Did I really go through a brand new set of cam phasers and whatever they installed on the truck in under a week?

Also the annoying auto start stop seems to longer be functioning properly as all the time my screen shows engine on due to low temperature.

Had Universal do my cams and they treated me well. The repair was quoted at 2-3 days so i rented a car through them for the 3 days. It was supposed to be done on the friday but they called me early to say it wouldnt be done til monday or tuesday. I asked if they would cover the rental for the weekend and he said no at first but when i pressed a bit more he said they would. I had read about guys having this done and then having oil dripped on the driveway from them not cleaning it up but not 1 drip on mine

Well it looks like my cold start rattle has now returned and I have to bring the truck back in. Did I really go through a brand new set of cam phasers and whatever they installed on the truck in under a week?
    If it makes you feel any better you're not the only guy that had them replaced only to comeback. Theres a bunch of guys that went through this too on the f150forum. Theres supposedly a new fix coming out soon
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 100 of 257 FirstFirst ... 90 99 100 101 110 ... LastLast