Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 118 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 118 of 257 FirstFirst ... 108 117 118 119 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does surprise me. I suppose I may just be cheap? The value proposition and depreciation of new vehicles is awful, only reason I did it was because of business needs.

Also, used truck prices in Alberta are batty right now. No idea what is going on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Got the truck.

What are peoples' thoughts on tunes?

Serious torque management going on it seems when dropping the hammer, also seems to unneccessarily downshift from 10th to 9th on the highway when encountering hills.

Is the downshift to prevent LSPI?

I am hopeful the truck breaks in, 11.5L/100km at 116km/h all highway. Not bad, but not as rated.

Crazy good mileage in town, even with autostop/start turned off it sips fuel in the city.
    I would drive it for at least another couple of weeks to get used to how it drives before i tuned it. Ive read many complaints of the 10 speed but most are from people who borrow a truck with it so theyre not used to it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I tuned my 2012 with an SCT tuner (3.5L). I never ran anything but the eco tune on it, and I felt the difference. Could tell the truck lost power. ran it like that way for a week, and found that the economy gain wasn't worth the performance loss, so ended up removing it. Sold it to @rocco s who pretty much instantly bricked his truck with it and had to jump through hoops to get it fixed.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    It’ll get a little better mpg. I just did a 482km 99% highway and I got 10/100 going 110.

Actually, you’ll see better mpg if you downshift to 7th yourself right before hills. The ecu tried to keep it in 9/10’ans ends up dumping more fuel. At 110 with 3.55 gears, in around 2600rpm and the little 2.7 has a bit more torque to claw the hills without resorting to boost.

With windy conditions, the 2.7 sees worse mpg on the highway than the 3.5 and 5.0.
    Yep its highly susceptible to heavy head/cross winds. Tail winds on the other hand.... dayummmm

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Yep its highly susceptible to heavy head/cross winds. Tail winds on the other hand.... dayummmm
    Isn’t that the truth.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Name:  49C76C59-BA71-4E68-8C9D-4617C3E65FD1.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  77.6 KBName:  49C76C59-BA71-4E68-8C9D-4617C3E65FD1.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB

Got a stellar 32L/100km East for Canada Day, got better after Medicine Hat. 3.5 Eco is thirsty on boost.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    Name:  49C76C59-BA71-4E68-8C9D-4617C3E65FD1.jpg
Size:  77.6 KBName:  49C76C59-BA71-4E68-8C9D-4617C3E65FD1.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB

Got a stellar 32L/100km East for Canada Day, got better after Medicine Hat. 3.5 Eco is thirsty on boost.
    How is towing with the Expedition? I'm looking at trading the F150 in for an expedition with the heavy duty tow package.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

It’s very good. We have a Max (length) and Max Tow in ours.

Much stronger than my Sierra motorwise, not quite as stable at highway speeds though (bit more wagging than the truck). Harder to see out of when back the trailer in as well.

We are happy with it as a vehicle to move our family of five around with a trailer.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I miss my Expedition MAX.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can't beat that engine for towing power. The trade off for a smaller vehicle compared to half ton crew cab is acceptable for "regular" sized trailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Yeah I'm curious cause we are looking at a MAX along with a 24 foot travel trailer just want to make sure that I'm not making a bad decision getting rid of the Lariat for the MAX in terms of towability.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, it's shorter wheelbase than your truck, so it's more susceptible to being wagged by the trailer. It'll have softer rear suspension too, so it'll squat more. You'll need a good WDH and to pay closer attention to how you load things.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, it's shorter wheelbase than your truck, so it's more susceptible to being wagged by the trailer. It'll have softer rear suspension too, so it'll squat more. You'll need a good WDH and to pay closer attention to how you load things.
    The suspension won't be too soft. It has Magnetic ride control. Well, the limited and Platinum models do. A big complaint on the Expy boards is the squat though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Yeah I'm curious cause we are looking at a MAX along with a 24 foot travel trailer just want to make sure that I'm not making a bad decision getting rid of the Lariat for the MAX in terms of towability.
    If you buy a Max with captains, I have:

https://www.weathertech.ca/en/ford/2...thout-console/

Also have the cargo liner:

https://www.weathertech.ca/en/ford/2...xpedition-max/

I'll let them go for cheap!

I call dibs on the cargo liner!!!
    Unfortunately the one we are looking at doesn't have captains, it has the bench.

I'll help you fix your bike too if it helps drop the price
    Last edited by bigboom; 07-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    The suspension won't be too soft. It has Magnetic ride control. Well, the limited and Platinum models do. A big complaint on the Expy boards is the squat though.
    May not be soft but mag shocks can only affect the damping characteristics of the shocks i.e. compression and rebound, probably won't do much for squat though

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone have current referrals for someone who can deal over email on an F150? Calgary, or anywhere within 4 hour drive. Someone who is not a bullshitter? I'm pretty particular on specs/packages, so I don't want to mess around with anyone who'd just gong to try to push whatever is on the lot.
    If there's any referral bonus I'd split it with you, or buy you wings, or reach-around or whatever.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Any of the new-beyond-civic Raptor crew do serious towing with their 2nd gens? After selling my M and wanting to keep to only two cars, I'm getting Raptor-curious again but I feel like it's just destined to be a net-downgrade in towing experience from a Max Tow 5.0. That HO 3.5 torque tho.

Would adding ride-rite airbags or similar help the raptor's cause? Trailer is max 7600lb (4766lb dry weight+ capacity) at probably a 550-600lb tongue weight (still need to weigh it- hope the beyond trailer-gang doesnt spot this and exile me from their ranks).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have current referrals for someone who can deal over email on an F150? Calgary, or anywhere within 4 hour drive. Someone who is not a bullshitter? I'm pretty particular on specs/packages, so I don't want to mess around with anyone who'd just gong to try to push whatever is on the lot.
    If there's any referral bonus I'd split it with you, or buy you wings, or reach-around or whatever.
    oh god damn of course ES would post in the same thread right after I admit to horrible trailer sins.

You wanna buy a 2016 F-150 with 45,xxx km? jk I know you're all about that ecoboost lyfe

I had best success with Sherwood Ford out of edmonton. Zero bullshit factor. got to a price via email and the delivery process was buttah. Miles better than experiences I've had at local ford shops.

Rahul Nischal was who I dealt with. [email protected].

My Ride
    2022 X2M

If you are still looking PM me and I can get you connected with who I used, was as simple as me telling them what I wanted to pay and what options I wanted and they met that criteria.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You need to find someone who can get you one of those X code deals or something.

Tbh any invoice pricing promo should be fine for you, there is essentially no BS involved.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Canyonero

there is essentially no BS involved.
    Have you ever met a salesperson before

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Any of the new-beyond-civic Raptor crew do serious towing with their 2nd gens? After selling my M and wanting to keep to only two cars, I'm getting Raptor-curious again but I feel like it's just destined to be a net-downgrade in towing experience from a Max Tow 5.0. That HO 3.5 torque tho.

Would adding ride-rite airbags or similar help the raptor's cause? Trailer is max 7600lb (4766lb dry weight+ capacity) at probably a 550-600lb tongue weight (still need to weigh it- hope the beyond trailer-gang doesnt spot this and exile me from their ranks).
    Consider a 6.2 AT4? Looks (and sounds) cool and probably has more off-road cred than you will ever need..

Can still tow 9,300lb with a reasonable payload (unlike a raptor). Drivetrain will be ridiculously strong for half ton towing. I found the squat very reasonable even without a WD, with a proper hitch it’s a solid tow-er. If you need to tow anything substantial I find it very hard to seriously consider a raptor, the drivetrain isn’t the problem the truck just isn’t seriously setup for towing.

My buddy who bought a raptor 3 months ago who I told not to because raptors are a PIA to own, is already trading his in on a ‘20 AT4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Have you ever met a salesperson before
    Invoice pricing was relatively painless for my truck, went in figured out the price for the packages I wanted. Told him to find me one and I went on vacation for a week. Came back and signed papers on the truck.

Slight games but not enough to produce any bile.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 118 of 257 FirstFirst ... 108 117 118 119 128 ... LastLast