Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 232 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 232 of 258 FirstFirst ... 222 231 232 233 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 5154

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard pass on the powerboost, cant afford to lose the payload capacity. Tow mirrors while not a hard requirement, would prefer.

I'm going to pick it up. Between the 6 grand jump in MSRP and the 6 grand im getting off MSRP currently, future incentives would need to total over 18k with the difference in interest rates which i dont see happening. And i dont think interest rates are dropping to 1.99% again anytime soon.
    I am not sure if they are still around but i know there was a couple 6.5" box, max tow, with mirrors lariat's in Calgary... of course Fords inventory search is not working today ... so not sure if they are still around ... but check fords website if it works it is pretty easy to find. it is how i found my 2022.

Not the deals of years past but decent by todays standards.

good luck with purchase

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    I am not sure if they are still around but i know there was a couple 6.5" box, max tow, with mirrors lariat's in Calgary... of course Fords inventory search is not working today ... so not sure if they are still around ... but check fords website if it works it is pretty easy to find. it is how i found my 2022.

Not the deals of years past but decent by todays standards.

good luck with purchase
    Yeah, I've pretty much looked at the entire provinces' remaining units. I was googling postal codes from GP, Reddeer, Edmonton, Llyod. There were a couple that fit the bill, but this dealership was only 1 of a few that would offer xplan pricing.
    Northstar ford in calgary has one that i went and saw, but they were only willing to go to 2000 off + free spray in liner, then tried to tell me it was a better deal than xplan anyways.

Lots of 5.0L engines, but i have a 2012 5.0 and while it has been perfect for me i kinda want to try the eco now that the problems with the first gen have been sorted out with the last 10 years.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I am not sure if they are still around but i know there was a couple 6.5" box, max tow, with mirrors ...
    Name:  archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif
Views: 549
Size:  235.7 KB

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Name:  archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif
Views: 549
Size:  235.7 KB
    Was there a stiff breeze going through your house last night …

My Ride
    Cayman

Here is a fun thing that I just found about warranty that dealerships and even the customer service employees at Ford Canada Pro desk don't seem to know which is absolutely insane!

Ford silently has increased the power train warranty on 2022 and 2023 F150s and Super Duty from 100,000 km to 160,000 kms. However, this only applies to vehicles that are sold as fleet and not to individual customers. So penalize the regular joes and make them pay $4k+ for the additional warranty lol.

Anyways I found this out today as I called multiple dealerships trying to find a dealership that had a super duty available for purchase as one of my 11 month old F350 7.3L gas engine blew up and the dealership wanted $16k for a new engine lol.

One of the fleet managers that I spoke with shared the info and actually did me a solid and called the Calgary dealership explained what code to enter in the system and boom free engine... Crazy that even my fleet company that manages thousands of Fords in North America was unaware of this change in warranty despite them telling me that they have had a lot of 7.3 gas engines blow up just after 100,000 kms of use. Wonder if a recall will be coming sooner or later as more engines blow up.

One of the trucks at work blew the 7.3 engine at 165k kms in December and this one that just died on me at 120k kms. Both trucks fully dealer serviced and all highway KMs running around between Calgary and Grande Prairie.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 02-01-2023 at 12:15 AM.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Here is a fun thing that I just found about warranty that dealerships and even the customer service employees at Ford Canada Pro desk don't seem to know which is absolutely insane!

Ford silently has increased the power train warranty on 2022 and 2023 F150s and Super Duty from 100,000 km to 160,000 kms. However, this only applies to vehicles that are sold as fleet and not to individual customers. So penalize the regular joes and make them pay $4k+ for the additional warranty lol.

Anyways I found this out today as I called multiple dealerships trying to find a dealership that had a super duty available for purchase as one of my 11 month old F350 7.3L gas engine blew up and the dealership wanted $16k for a new engine lol.

One of the fleet managers that I spoke with shared the info and actually did me a solid and called the Calgary dealership explained what code to enter in the system and boom free engine... Crazy that even my fleet company that manages thousands of Fords in North America was unaware of this change in warranty despite them telling me that they have had a lot of 7.3 gas engines blow up just after 100,000 kms of use. Wonder if a recall will be coming sooner or later as more engines blow up.

One of the trucks at work blew the 7.3 engine at 165k kms in December and this one that just died on me at 120k kms. Both trucks fully dealer serviced and all highway KMs running around between Calgary and Grande Prairie.
    That's shitty, I thought this 7.3 was supposed to be the best thing Ford had ever made!

Blow up is ambiguous though, do you know what the actual failure was?

My Ride
    Cayman

On this truck that is having its engine replaced it was failure of cylinder 7 and 8. Damaged cam shaft and metal in filter.

On the one prior it was loud engine knocking so tossed it away for cents on the dollar at auction without having it looked at as it was miled out by our work standards

My Ride
    Trucks

I watched a YouTube video yesterday from a Ford mechanic and he said a ton of super duty and work vans are coming in with delaminating lifters. I’ll try to find the link tonight.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Search any vehicle and "failure" on YouTube and you'll find something scary.
    Not a useful indication of design or build quality.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Search any vehicle and "failure" on YouTube and you'll find something scary.
    Not a useful indication of design or build quality.
    This is very specific to new 7.3 Ford vehicles and it's definitely a bad batch of lifters. If you catch them early the cam is still good and not chewed up yet.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    This is very specific to new 7.3 Ford vehicles and it's definitely a bad batch of lifters. If you catch them early the cam is still good and not chewed up yet.
    I have 13 more 7.3 engine trucks and 5 of them are about to cross the 100k km mark so will see what happens.

My Ride
    Trucks

Here’s one link:

My Ride
    06 S2000

Anyone had their OTA updates break, and get a dealer to fix them? I didn't really care, but now that Android Auto update rolled out, I want to use the full 12" screen, and I'm stuck on 1.7.1 or something that broke the OTA updates for Sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I got an email stating there's a new update, but when I go into the screen it doesn't show any updates available.....? I want the full screen dammit.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

If you’re on 1.7.1 you will need the dealer to fix it …

I got full screen CarPlay yesterday which is 3.5.3.2 most others once they get that will get 3.5.4 a few days later and then there is one more update after that.

3.5.4 allows two phones to connect at the same time.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Had this on a rental recently

Useful for sure

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  office-space-fuckin-a.gif
Views: 299
Size:  88.8 KB

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
    I got an email stating there's a new update, but when I go into the screen it doesn't show any updates available.....? I want the full screen dammit.
    Either go to the dealer, or borrow/buy a VCI and flash it using FDRS software. We're stuck on 1.7.1 and don't get OTA updates because Ford broke it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I got 3.5.4 this morning … only one more patch to go …

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

tracked my headliner rattle to the left rear garment hook. Hook seems to be loose above the headliner. I can't get the access flap open on the hook itself so just going back to the dealer. The service manual says its a consumable part so I'm guessing you have to destroy that little flap to get it open so hopefully they will just replace that under warranty even though I slightly mangled it trying to get it open to tighten the bolt lol.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 232 of 258 FirstFirst ... 222 231 232 233 242 ... LastLast