Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 116 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 116 of 257 FirstFirst ... 106 115 116 117 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So looking through the pictures and I noticed the shifter tucks into the center console? That seems a little odd, does it not? Or am I missing something?

Attachment 92553
    Go to 1:22 of this video.

So looking through the pictures and I noticed the shifter tucks into the center console? That seems a little odd, does it not? Or am I missing something?

Attachment 92553
    Its because they have a flat table now for laptop/desk etc so it folds into the console. Pretty cool idea, I know I use my RAM mount, this may replace that.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Attachment 92553
    The shifter can fold down when you are parked to make a flatter place to put a laptop or other work stuff. It looks very conventional when folded up.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

ExtraSlow, you should buy my '18 Lariat.

My Ride
    Lariat

Yes all the excitement is about the 2021 truck, but anything I should pay attention to while looking at a used 2016 for sale? 3.5 EB, 90,000 kms
    Seems solid but I want to cover all my bases, first truck and first Ford purcahse.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    ExtraSlow, you should buy my '18 Lariat.
    You are probably right. I'm a specs junkie, post up some details and that payload sticker, hahahah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    Yes all the excitement is about the 2021 truck, but anything I should pay attention to while looking at a used 2016 for sale? 3.5 EB, 90,000 kms
    Seems solid but I want to cover all my bases, first truck and first Ford purcahse.
    You want to see the service history, crawl under it and poke around. Listen to a cold start of the engine for noises. Check the payload sticker inside the drivers door.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ram

wow that ford commercial sold me haha. not a fan of the front styling tho.

but that interior

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

That truck will be off warranty soon so be aware of rattles on cold start, vibrations through the pedals/steering (front end issues). Those are the two most common issues I’ve had with F150s.

Isnt the 16 still the Gen1 EB? Id look for a 17 if so, just my 2 cents. Less problems, more power. EDIT: Also 10 speed is in the 17 IIRC

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Go to 1:22 of this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Its because they have a flat table now for laptop/desk etc so it folds into the console. Pretty cool idea, I know I use my RAM mount, this may replace that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The shifter can fold down when you are parked to make a flatter place to put a laptop or other work stuff. It looks very conventional when folded up.
    Okay, that is kind of cool. At least it's not a column shifter.

I was expecting a bit more of a body change but so far i love the 2021. The interior is looking way better with the 12" set up and as a guy whos tried to nap in his truck id kill for those full recline eats lol $75k easy for a loaded lariat

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    It essentially is. XL and XLT trims are a tough buy when for not much more incrementally you get a much nicer truck.
    The XLT trim is probably their biggest seller, it might not sound like much of a price difference but its big enough where most buyers will opt for the xlt over a lariat.

The cold rattle is by far the worst on the EB and for me it had to sit overnight or a longer period of time or else it wouldnt rattle. IWE's is another common thing on these. The 2017 or 2018(itll have the 10spd) is the newer version of the EB but it still suffers from the cold rattle. If its got the moonroof make sure you open and close that thing a couple times to make sure its working properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    That truck will be off warranty soon so be aware of rattles on cold start, vibrations through the pedals/steering (front end issues). Those are the two most common issues I’ve had with F150s.
    What problems would rattles indicate? pedals and steering vibration?

What kind of fixes would be needed for those issues?
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    bus

Engine rattle noise during start up. Whining noise while revving motor. The fix is to go in and replace chains/tensioners and guides. Not a cheap repair outside warranty

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Rattles are timing chain and cam phasers, vibrations or roughness are stub axles/shafts, bearings and 4WD actuator related.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Rattles are timing chain and cam phasers, vibrations or roughness are stub axles/shafts, bearings and 4WD actuator related.
    It's crazy to me that cam phasers have been an issue for Ford for 15+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    The XLT trim is probably their biggest seller, it might not sound like much of a price difference but its big enough where most buyers will opt for the xlt over a lariat.
    I had a XL sport package off the lot for $38.5k+gst lined up. The extra $2k for a XLT sport package with lots of goodies was a no brainer.

But to step up to a Lariat? Would have been another $4k-$5k easy, and for a lot of options I think a lot of truck buyers don't value.

Hmm, we'll see if this deal goes ahead. Dealership acting a bit sleezy.

I received pictures of my truck coming in on the semi. Then got some more pictures unloaded (probably trying to pump me up for the purchase, doesn't work on me).

Noticed in the new pics the truck had grown mudflaps. Had a 830pm text message to the manager I am dealing with, told him to take any dealer add-ons off and reiterated that I would not sign documents for anything more than price+gst and any financing costs. Considering we had already discussed this, I was quite irritated. Hopefully they didn't put holes in the truck to mount those mudflaps, or I'll be getting a further discount on the truck or walking.

I wish I could be the oblivious person that just picks out a fully loaded truck, doesn't negotiate, and is happy with their brand new vehicle at $800+/month car payments.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Hmm, we'll see if this deal goes ahead. Dealership acting a bit sleezy.

I received pictures of my truck coming in on the semi. Then got some more pictures unloaded (probably trying to pump me up for the purchase, doesn't work on me).

Noticed in the new pics the truck had grown mudflaps. Had a 830pm text message to the manager I am dealing with, told him to take any dealer add-ons off and reiterated that I would not sign documents for anything more than price+gst and any financing costs. Considering we had already discussed this, I was quite irritated. Hopefully they didn't put holes in the truck to mount those mudflaps, or I'll be getting a further discount on the truck or walking.

I wish I could be the oblivious person that just picks out a fully loaded truck, doesn't negotiate, and is happy with their brand new vehicle at $800+/month car payments.
    You don’t want to be that person ever.

One strategy if they won’t budge on the flaps is to tell them to give you credit in service for the value of the flaps.

That way you’re still even on price, and you won’t lose your truck.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

One strategy if they won’t budge on the flaps is to tell them to give you credit in service for the value of the flaps.
    Its not really the flaps, or the cost that is the problem. Its if they drilled holes into my brand new truck.

Luckily, my backup truck that is cheaper is still available down south if I change my mind.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Its not really the flaps, or the cost that is the problem. Its if they drilled holes into my brand new truck.

Luckily, my backup truck that is cheaper is still available down south if I change my mind.
    Yeah, fair enough.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 116 of 257 FirstFirst ... 106 115 116 117 126 ... LastLast