Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 141 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 141 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131 140 141 142 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 5145

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Towing a 6k lb, 28' trailer with a 2.7EB wouldn't be a good idea i dont think. I'm still tempted.
    When I was renovating my place in Copperfield, I was using my 2.7 Screw with the max tow and heavy payload package to pull a 20ft flat deck with pallets of sod and bricks and it wasn't too bad, you feel it on the hills though

Slightly more topic wise, we're picking up a new family wagon of the Ford truck variety...2013 Expedition Max :O

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

2.7L with payload package is a nice combination. Usually special order though, dealerships seem to buy the "soccer mom" version of the 2.7L trucks. Adds 2000lbs to the tow rating. Don't have the payload chart in front of me, but the improvement is significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    2.7L with payload package is a nice combination. Usually special order though, dealerships seem to buy the "soccer mom" version of the 2.7L trucks. Adds 2000lbs to the tow rating. Don't have the payload chart in front of me, but the improvement is significant.
    It was worth waiting for tbh, the guy we sold it to said it pulled better than his old "heavy half" 2001 F150

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    It was worth waiting for tbh, the guy we sold it to said it pulled better than his old "heavy half" 2001 F150
    Don't want to out you, but everyone here knows me. I saw you this morning didn't I? lol

I am contemplating this deal too. I should call around and see what the order options are as I want the hybrid and 3.5L instead of the 2.7L. Someone able to pass me along to a salesbro that is willing to offer this deal and get me a quote?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Don't want to out you, but everyone here knows me. I saw you this morning didn't I? lol
    Yeah you did haha, a few on here do know who I am anyway so I'm not worried

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post

I am contemplating this deal too. I should call around and see what the order options are as I want the hybrid and 3.5L instead of the 2.7L. Someone able to pass me along to a salesbro that is willing to offer this deal and get me a quote?
    I"m going to refer to you my salesbro at Cam Clark Airdrie.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    Honestly, our plan was to finance a Taco for the misses, but this deal is hard to pass on, especially for someone already truck shopping. Let the record show I would in no way shape or form buy one of these outside of this cheap lease, lol
    As someone who went from a taco to an f150, you get a ton more truck with the f150 for the price. I loved the tacoma but the f150 is better in so many ways, unless you want to go offroading and stuff. But thats another story.

302A 2.7 supercab 4x4, 1950lb payload, 9k lbs tow capacity with the hd payload. Option right, supercab is good to 2160lbs for payload.

Northland Ford orders all/most of their supercabs in this specific package, they have lots on hand. Experience was meh.

I've towed 10k lbs with the thing many times. Tows just as good as a dmax at that weight, just the mpg isn't there. Would be much better with LT tires at the sacrifice of mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    As someone who went from a taco to an f150, you get a ton more truck with the f150 for the price. I loved the tacoma but the f150 is better in so many ways, unless you want to go offroading and stuff. But thats another story.
    Took a extended lunch and swung by Dunlop to run numbers, discuss how trading it the wife's car would work on a factory order vehicle and see the Lariat they had on the lot.

Not sure what the older model looked like, but the new 2021 is very comfy and roomy. It is a ton more truck than the Tacos we looked at, you are right. The Taco being the front runner was mainly because smaller truck, price (before covid rates were amazing with loyalty, lol) & it being another Toyota that isn't going to fall apart.

Took home all the quotes & waiting for them to make one up for the in-stock Lariat they had on the lot (Space White, no FX4 but with 3.73) & will decide in the next couple days, but I think it's a go.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    302A 2.7 supercab 4x4, 1950lb payload, 9k lbs tow capacity with the hd payload. Option right, supercab is good to 2160lbs for payload.

Northland Ford orders all/most of their supercabs in this specific package, they have lots on hand. Experience was meh.

I've towed 10k lbs with the thing many times. Tows just as good as a dmax at that weight, just the mpg isn't there. Would be much better with LT tires at the sacrifice of mpg.
    Yes. 2.7 with the HD payload is same spec as my 2015 Sierra 5.3 tow package was.

I sort of wish I got a HD 2.7, but it wasn’t available at the time on the lot.

Even still, the 2.7 will do ~1450 payload and tow 7600.

It’s decent.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Curious is anyone has any real experience (rather than bias cousins girlfriends dad opinions) with the F150 3.0L Diesel? Doing the kind of mileage I do, with the price of diesel being what it is now and the general longer durability of the engine has me thinking about one.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m not particularly convinced a diesel is the correct fuel for our climate.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I’m not particularly convinced a diesel is the correct fuel for our climate.
    I would agree for more start and stop driving, but I am that guy that every single time I get in my vehicle, it is highway driving at speed for half an hour to an hour minimum before it gets shut off so I am not too worried about that aspect.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I would agree for more start and stop driving, but I am that guy that every single time I get in my vehicle, it is highway driving at speed for half an hour to an hour minimum before it gets shut off so I am not too worried about that aspect.
    You factoring in the cost of that emissions juice with your diesel running costs? Or price of a delete?

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    You factoring in the cost of that emissions juice with your diesel running costs? Or price of a delete?
    Of course... It's not just the cost of diesel and better fuel economy I am looking at, but thinking long term durability as generally diesels will get a lot of extra KM's before wearing out, and being a guy who can easily put 60k a year on his vehicles, that is a consideration. Also, there is no denying that if I ever did decide to sell it rather than run it into the ground, resale on a diesel is generally much higher and and easier sell.

Just some quick number crunching, at 60,000km a year I use approximately 7000L of fuel a year (being a little conservative for estimates sake). If I can save even 3L/100km, that is a bit over 1700L per year so say $1700 a year at a buck a litre, but diesel currently is cheaper than gas so that will be even a bit higher is it stays like that, or if shit goes right sideways and it climbs over the price of gas again here, I am still taking like $1500 a year. Yes the oil change costs are higher and you gotta run the juice a little for sure, but factor in longevity and resale, it can easily turn into a long term overall savings, or at least not a loss. The reality too is I am someone who is really easy on my vehicles and I always do extremely well when it comes to fuel misering so I would expect the real fuel use saving to be even greater than I am listing above, but I am not trying to be pie in the sky dreaming here.

Still not 100% sold on it, but the numbers don't look so bad.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not sure if the 3.0L diesel in the half ton has the same reputation for durability and resale as the "big" diesel engines in the heavy duty trucks.

Not sure if the 3.0L diesel in the half ton has the same reputation for durability and resale as the "big" diesel engines in the heavy duty trucks.
    Not as high but always seems desirable, plus it isn't the factor that saves it... It just adds to it.

edit - resale I am referring to. Durability is a bit of a long term unknown being newer to the game but hey, diesel is diesel and just the overall aspects of how they function seems to support this expected conclusion.
    Last edited by tirebob; 01-13-2021 at 04:45 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You are probably the perfect customer for that engine.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

So... no?

Ford DEF seems to sell for ~$80/2.5gal on Amazon... tank on the 3.0L holds 5.4gal and is said to last ~16k kms.... so ~$600/yr eating into your diesel savings

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    In the winter your truck still won’t be warmed up by the time you arrive. Especially highway driving.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 141 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131 140 141 142 151 ... LastLast