Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 130 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 130 of 257 FirstFirst ... 120 129 130 131 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reached to them as well and here is their current pricing before negotiating:

- 5 year/100,000kms: $1,675 (+ $230 for $0 Deductible)
    - 5 year/120,000kms: $2,220 (+ $305 for $0 Deductible)
    - 6 year/100,000kms: $2,155 (+ $230 for $0 Deductible)
    - 6 year/120,000kms: $2,750 (+ $305 for $0 Deductible)
    - 7 year/100,000kms: $3,040 (+ $230 for $0 Deductible)
    - 7 year/120,000kms: $3,800 (+ $305 for $0 Deductible)

When I took it in for the same noise 15k kms back they replaced Camshaft sprockets / VCT Phasers, timing tensioner, cooling wiring harness and thermostat in addition to a pile of gaskets and seals according to the 10 page service receipt.
    Hilarious that we are getting different quotes within a week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    500 ft-lbs is beastly.
    How many m N is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Does the 5.0 have the same issues as the ecoboosts with timing chain stuff? Does anyone in here have the 5.0 in their F150?
    no cam phaser issues and i believe the timing chain stuff was sorted the better part of a decade ago. I've got the v8, and had a 3.5EB for a few years. They're both great to drive. The low-end grunt of the EB is great around town and great towing.

My Ride
    Cayman

Well boys, what started out as a search for cheap extended warranty on my 2018 F150 has culminated on me selling the truck to a US exporter for cash today.

Currently sitting here on the fence pondering if I just wait for a smoking deal on a 2020 in a few months (I bought my 2018 501a with $17,600 msrp in September 2018 and my friend bought his 2018 502a in February of 2019 with $21,800 off MSRP, free winter tires and tonneau cover) or if I go ahead and fill out the 2021 order guide that Nisku Ford gave me as they are willing to order the build of my choice with 0 commitment to buy it. The sales manager said that they need 2021 inventory anyways which is why I don't have to commit or put a deposit down as will sell it anyways if I do not take it.

Btw I am going to have a few items from my 2018 for sale once I wash them and take photos such as:

Hard top tonneau cover, 20" fuel wheels with Nokian Hakka 8's that only have 1 winter on them. floor liners, box link cleats, wheel locks, among other things that I kept.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 10-02-2020 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Oh nice. What are you going to order? I love dreaming my way through the order guide.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Wait for the 2021's if you're considering! The redesign is killer!
    Full LED Dash, and Projectors all look great

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

2021 is a great looking truck. Just significantly more expensive at every trim level because of the increased content. So if you find a leftover 2020 that suits you, you'll save huge. It was about 7k for the trim I was looking at, although that gap will narrow as incentives get brought in.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  IMG_20201003_112433043_HDR.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  68.0 KB
    My favourite mod. Do this to every truck. The lumber bed division system. Cut the first plank too short. Had to redo, but I had a couple spare 2x8's around, so no biggie.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

And here I am with my ford branded bed divider realizing im a sucker.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Probably similar price.

16,000km update

Truck is still doing truck things just fine. Zero issues whatsoever. Average mpg over those 16,000kms according to the onboard computer is 12.1L/100km

I made the unfortunate mistake of driving a 2020 Chevy today. Oh boy...

The trucks are very different. The Ford is clearly the value leader in what you get per $$$. More options, better tech. In my case, it also has some major quality of life factors over the Chevy. Namely the 136L tank, which I still don't think you can get on a Chevy. There are days with my old truck I would have to fill up twice. Now, one tank all day with a refill at the end of the day. This may not seem major, but with how awful gas stations are placed in this province, usually its a 15+ minute stop to get filled up (assuming there are pumps available, god forbid its rush hour).

However, the Chevy is better in tactile feel. What do I mean by that? The truck rides better (the F150 is like a drunk sailor, thing heaves back and forth, up and down, all over the place). Chevy is controlled. Its like comparing a early 2000's Corolla to a 2000's BMW 3 series. Both get the job done, and are relatively comfortable, but the Chevy feels like you are in control. The auto in the chevy also acts like a normal automatic. I don't know what it is with this Ford 10 speed, but it is agonizingly slow getting into gear going from park to reverse or reverse to drive. And don't touch that accelerator too quickly when swapping between forward and reverse directions, or else BANG, the transmission will slam so hard you'd think you'd broken something.

Doors, same thing. They just feel better. Same with the switches and anything you touch, the Chevy is better.

No comparison though with the tech. The ford app, plus touch screen, plus transmission programmable features (between all the modes, the manual gear select, AND the top gear lockout) those can't be beat. While I hate the engine tuning (constantly feels like ignition timing is being pulled, very erratic full throttle acceleration), and the transmission tuning (refuses to downshift when power is demanded until you mash the gas, does something weird where it pushes the truck under braking forcing you to brake harder than you really should need to), the engine is still great. Tough to beat that mpg and still be able to tow 10klbs with confidence.

Overall, if I wasn't using this truck for my business and didn't need the payload and mpg, I'd gladly have sacrificed the mpg and got a 5.3L truck. But the reason why I got the truck was for the mpg. Really hoping that replacing the front struts and rear shocks help the ride, that will go a long way to making me happier with the purchase. And maybe an alignment with slight toe-in will get rid of the awful wandering.

Don't get me wrong, I like the F150. I am sure it will run to 500k kms no problem, which is the plan. It also out tows the chevy so bad that there isn't really a comparison. If I wasn't driving so much, I'd be back in an older duramax.

To summarize, key merits of the F150:

Tech
    Power
    Mpg
    Value

Negatives -
    Transmission oddities
    Poor ride and handling
    Tactile/touch quality "ok"

My Ride
    2022 X2M

^
    Poor ride can be fixed with rear shocks, The difference is night and day. The stock shocks are complete shit.

I just ordered a hellwig rear sway bar because I have heard great things and full disclosure the only thing I dislike is the terrible road feel.

Edit: Blistein 5100’s in the rear will make a very noticeable difference and will cost you sub $300 with a 15 minute install.
    Last edited by Kavy; 10-07-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    ^
    Poor ride can be fixed with rear shocks, The difference is night and day. The stock shocks are complete shit.

I just ordered a hellwig rear sway bar because I have heard great things and full disclosure the only thing I dislike is the terrible road feel.

Edit: Blistein 5100’s in the rear will make a very noticeable difference and will cost you sub $300 with a 15 minute install.
    this this this. I did the 5100s on the rear and it makes a world of difference. It also eliminates the weird side hop the trucks will do on off camber bumps. Hopefully ill be doing the fronts soon as well.
    Last edited by ShermanEF9; 10-08-2020 at 12:49 AM.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    this this this. I did the 5100s on the rear and it makes a world of difference. It also eliminates the weird side hop the trucks will do on off camber bumps. Hopefully ill be doing the fronts soon as well.
    I thought they fixed this in the last few years?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The guys on the ford forums can't agree on the "best" shocks. the 5100's have thier haters, but others love 'em. There was another that people liked.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    I haven’t notice my truck do this. 2020 model.

Weird.

Side note: anyone upgraded the speakers in their XLT?

I’m liking the factory sub and enclosure, but it’s pricey.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Silverado

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I don't get it. Ford owners have been replacing the stock shocks with 5100s for 15 years. you'd think Ford would just OEM the 5100s or get the valving the same. Guess it is like the Cam Phasers... haha I'd still buy a Ford.

My Ride
    Canyonero

I just can't get over GM interiors. I'd love to try a 6.2 AT4 as our v8-bigot colleague @killramos encourages but Ferd stomps GM all day on the interior front

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

We can’t all be so comfortable with our interior selections.

Interiors are being redone for next MY anyway so maybe you will get your wish of an AT4 that would make a Bugatti blush?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 130 of 257 FirstFirst ... 120 129 130 131 140 ... LastLast