Quantcast
LT Rated AT Truck Tires - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: LT Rated AT Truck Tires

Default LT Rated AT Truck Tires

Looking to get a new set of tires to go on my kijiji find 18's I just bought.

Is there a "best"? Excluding the Michelin LTX M/S, looking for a more aggressive style tire.

This will be for a duramax. Leaning towards Toyo open country but holy tire prices batman

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Do you tow? Is a load rating important? What’s more important: highway manners or off-road ability? Do you care if they are winter rated?
    I just did this search - Mickey Thompson Baja Boss won because I needed the load rating (129). They are louder than K02’s which were my go-to’s before that.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I was not happy with the General Grabber AT/X on my Duramax. Great grip but really really poor tread life.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Leaning towards Toyo open country but holy tire prices batman
    That's what I have. I don't know if they're the best, but they're round, hold air and are black which is the current style. They seem like they have a squarer shoulder and I think that makes them look better. Mine are 305s. Maybe narrower tires would look dumb. I don't know.

They feel soft, it feels like it takes more effort to dry steer. That's my only complaint. I don't use them in the winter.

Who cares about price. Divide the price over how many kilometers you expect to get out of them and it amounts to fuck all. You can't put a price on coolness.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Lotta people swear by Duratracks. Lotta people don't. All subjective so you won't find consensus. My personal opinion is that the more expensive ones are objectively better.
    I like the Goodyear At Adventure with Kevlar. I've spent my money in those a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

As Mr ESlow says, no correct answer as it's subjective

I like Cooper Discoverer AT3 and also the Wranglers both Duratrac and AT Adventure

The new wrangler Workhorse and wrangler territory also get good reviews but of course this is down to what sort of use they'll get

Also used to sell a tonne of the Falken Wildpeaks when i worked for @tirebob and people seemed to love them, although they were quite expensive for what they were imho

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Cooper Discoverer AT3s are a good compromise of highway manners and dirt traction. If you are regularly hitting muddy lease roads, Duratracs are a good option but aren't as nice on the highway. Both regularly go on sale at CT. If you want an even more aggressive tire that leans toward an M/T, Cooper Discoverer STT Pro.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I had great success with Michelin Defender LTX but they looked like he/her tires not she/he tires if you know what I'm saying.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Open country at II xtreme, my favourite looking AT. Ride great, Decent tread life.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have nothing bad to say about my LT C load duratracs.

Ran them all year long on a Sierra, no issues with noise, comfort, grip off road or on road.

The c load rating is a nice option for a half ton where E’s might be too harsh.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

As is the Beyond way, I completely ignored all advice in this thread and went with 295/70R18 toyo open country at3's. Found an online Canadian retailer who did $375 all in shipped per tire.

I actually didn't ignore ALL the advice. SKR's last comment gave me a half chub and I executed accordingly

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    I had great success with Michelin Defender LTX but they looked like he/her tires not she/he tires if you know what I'm saying.
    I just picked up a set of these yesterday from Bob. They definitely are not the best looking tire, but they ride nice and are quiet. And I have no misconceptions about the amount I’ll (not) be going off road.

where'd you buy them from?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    As is the Beyond way, I completely ignored all advice in this thread and went with 295/70R18 toyo open country at3's. Found an online Canadian retailer who did $375 all in shipped per tire.

I actually didn't ignore ALL the advice. SKR's last comment gave me a half chub and I executed accordingly
    Thats a smokin deal
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Thats a smokin deal
    And they cancelled my order after they screwed up on stock in the warehouse.

Back to the drawing board
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

+1 For the Cooper Discoverers AT3. I've had Duratracs before and were loud and uncomfortable on road, off road and snow however they were very capable. As said before AT3 was a great compromise. Better on road, and good off road/winter.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    And they cancelled my order after they screwed up on stock in the warehouse.

Back to the drawing board
    I was going to say, Toyo stock has been all over the place, odd sizes were up to 18 months backorder at one point

Maybe its gotten better now, since I'm not working every day at Bobs now I wouldn't know...but that wouldnt be an overnight catchup lol

That being said, perhaps they hadn't taken the price increase into account also, I'm sure the Toyo MAP would be more than that since MSRP is something like $535/ea

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    +1 For the Cooper Discoverers AT3. .
    I think this is where I will look next, seeing high praise all around.

They offered me Wildpeaks at the same price but I've been informed they are something silly like 25lb per tire heavier and a more aggressive tread so I passed.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

So after all of this, I went back to the same place and called them this time. They confirmed 8 tires in their Ontario warehouse, so I reordered the exact same tires at the end of the day.

295/70R18 open country 3's. Except I got them for slightly cheaper as there was a bigger promo ($369 each all in with taxes, tire charge, and free shipping).

We'll see if it happens this time.

I've worked in the tire biz as well Haggis, tires are super susceptible to the supply chain as I am sure you are aware. Having dealt directly with manufacturers in producing tires, you're basically stuck making a container of a certain size and tread at time. I can only imagine how many containers of tires are floating around the world stuck for shipment. And then once they get here, I think a lot of stock goes out to eastern Canada and the west gets shafted (that's my own hot take, but it seemed to happen a lot distribution warehouses would get stock out east and we'd be left high and dry out here).

My Ride
    Nissan x2

bump.

Looking for truck/SUV tires for a pavement princess that will be the primary tire. Priorities in this order: Winter traction (snowflake rating), wear, noise, cost.

275/60/20 if that matters. What I have so far -

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
    Firestone Destination A/T2
    Falken Wildpeak
    Michelin LTX

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast