Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 119 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 119 of 257 FirstFirst ... 109 118 119 120 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Consider a 6.2 AT4? Looks (and sounds) cool and probably has more off-road cred than you will ever need..

Can still tow 9,300lb with a reasonable payload (unlike a raptor). Drivetrain will be ridiculously strong for half ton towing. I found the squat very reasonable even without a WD, with a proper hitch it’s a solid tow-er. If you need to town anything substantial I find it very hard to seriously consider a raptor, the drivetrain isn’t the problem the truck just isn’t seriously setup for towing.

My buddy who bought a raptor 3 months ago who I told not to because raptors are a PIA to own, is already trading his in on a ‘20 AT4.
    Thanks for the honest feedback! I haven't checked out the AT4; but I have always been a bit jealous of my GM buddies' payload. Will check into them. I wish GM had their shit together more on their interior game though.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Thanks for the honest feedback! I haven't checked out the AT4; but I have always been a bit jealous of my GM buddies' payload. Will check into them. I wish GM had their shit together more on their interior game though.
    I like my interior, but I find that to be a pretty personal thing. I get nothing but compliments on my “shitty” GM interior. Go sit in one and see what you think, the AT4 has some fun little custom bits inside that jazz it up a bit.

Sorry for muddying the blue oval thread.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone have current referrals for someone who can deal over email on an F150? Calgary, or anywhere within 4 hour drive. Someone who is not a bullshitter? I'm pretty particular on specs/packages, so I don't want to mess around with anyone who'd just gong to try to push whatever is on the lot.
    If there's any referral bonus I'd split it with you, or buy you wings, or reach-around or whatever.
    Ed Wan At cam clark is who i bought mine from. I tried every calgary dealer first and almost went to edmonton to get it but he came through. Theres a 750 ref bonus but you can have the whole thing, just pm me if you go with him and ill give you my info
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

You need to find someone who can get you one of those X code deals or something.

Tbh any invoice pricing promo should be fine for you, there is essentially no BS involved.
    @ExtraSlow

Pricing is all the same currently, as it is employee pricing. Your best bet is to find a dealer with the truck you want.

The only difference the dealers could make are dipping into their holdback 2-3% of the truck MSRP, or offer free maint/spray box liner type additions.

+2 for Sherwood ford. PM’d.

EDIT: Actually - I believe Xplan allows for a maximum of $100 for Doc fees, so there could be savings there. Sherwood is very upfront about Xplan, they even have a blurb on their webpage about it.

https://www.sherwoodford.ca/clp-ford...ployee-pricing
    Last edited by Darkane; 08-04-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

So I decided to order the CR Stage 3 turbo kit from 5star for my EB. Supposed to support 520WHP, curious to see how much I can squeeze. Been talking to them about tuning and some piping upgrades/changes, but hopefully get it sorted out and get ordered as delivery I'm told is a month(ish).

My Ride
    Canyonero

What's the ballpark as to the value of a 2016 502a with 5.0 w 45xxx km y'all figure? Private sale.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

What's the ballpark as to the value of a 2016 502a with 5.0 w 45xxx km y'all figure? Private sale.
    I traded my '16 in to a dealer a year ago for 30,500 with 302a and similar KM, so add about 3k for 502A. With that in mind, yours in a private sale is probably around $34-ish.

And, @ExtraSlow I have a pretty good guy, used him for my last 4 vehicles. No bullshit kinda guy. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Strong response from everyone. Thanks!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Canyonero

Strong response from everyone. Thanks!
    Looking forward to the patented ExtraSlow® review of your purchase experience.

+2 for Ed wan at cam clark Airdrie. Check to see if you qualify for the X-plan.

everyone qualifies for xplan right now...its employee purchase pricing for everyone.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

True employee pricing is A-plan, which is similar but not identical to X-plan, which is for partner companies (like CP rail, CNRL for instance). Both A and X plans have caps on documentation fees etc, which the annual "employee pricing" promotion does not include.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

True employee pricing is A-plan, which is similar but not identical to X-plan, which is for partner companies (like CP rail, CNRL for instance). Both A and X plans have caps on documentation fees etc, which the annual "employee pricing" promotion does not include.
    Yeah.

Also, A-plan excludes holdback (2-3% MSRP), and advertisement free 0.25% MSRP usually.

It’s a good $1500-3000 discount depending on truck and trim over the X plan.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Once I'm back from vacation I'll start emailing and calling around.

My Ride
    Ram

Any of the new-beyond-civic Raptor crew do serious towing with their 2nd gens? After selling my M and wanting to keep to only two cars, I'm getting Raptor-curious again but I feel like it's just destined to be a net-downgrade in towing experience from a Max Tow 5.0. That HO 3.5 torque tho.

Would adding ride-rite airbags or similar help the raptor's cause? Trailer is max 7600lb (4766lb dry weight+ capacity) at probably a 550-600lb tongue weight (still need to weigh it- hope the beyond trailer-gang doesnt spot this and exile me from their ranks).

- - - Updated - - -
    did fine. Its stock, no airbags. Would recommend a weight distribution hitch though!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Cayman

Any one else having tire pressure sensor issues on their F150s?

I took the truck in for probably the 10th time about my front driver side tire sensor failure. While they had the computer connected to the truck the other 3 sensors disappeared as well. So after the dealership kept my truck for 2 days and drove 120 km they tell me to come pick up the truck as they cant find the cause or solution to the problem. They refuse to change the sensor control module or the tire pressure sensors, however they are telling me that they believe that my dash cam is causing interference and causing the sensors to fail.

WTF seriously? a Dash cam is going to cause the TPMS to disconnect and throw the warning lights on the dash.

So then I asked service if this $75k truck is just a POS as I have the same $200 Uniden dash cam on my wifes 2012 Infiniti, brothers 2018 and 2014 Forester and my old 2007 IS250 which all have TPMS and not one of those cars has issues except for this truck.

I can only imagine that as soon as I am out of 60k km warranty on my next oil change they will have the magic solution and charge me for it or tell me that they will replace the sensors and module on my dime now.

has anyone purchased extended warranty on their truck before? My wife had it on her POS 2012 Focus and it paid for its self after getting the clutch replaced 3 times, oil pan, power window and heated seats repaired which all died randomly between 65k kms and 80k kms.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 08-07-2020 at 03:44 PM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I'd try another dealership.

My Ride

Afternoon ecoboostians, my backup camera decided it only wants to show me purple and blue with contrasting issues.

Anyone else have this issue? 8” screen. Rest of the screen is perfect, just when backing up.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Is yours a 2020? I saw issues like this at work. Seems like it was a problem on some other 2020 Ford models, not just the F150's.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
    Is yours a 2020? I saw issues like this at work. Seems like it was a problem on some other 2020 Ford models, not just the F150's.
    You bet, ‘20 model.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 119 of 257 FirstFirst ... 109 118 119 120 129 ... LastLast