Quantcast
Badlands Motorsports Resort - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Badlands Motorsports Resort

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I've seen tracks work in areas that were far more concerned about noise levels. Mission raceway is 90db max at track level, and they yank you off the track if you go over. One of the motorcycle racers had to wrap his exhaust with what looked like a diaper one year just so he could race there.

Tracks can work with all kinds of people...unless the people are completely unwilling to work with them.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Yes, you are right ... I need to calm down a bit. I think after all these years I'm getting sick of "political correctness" etc. and am getting more to calling a spade a spade and not giving a damn what anyone thinks. Or maybe just venting? Anyway, we're cool, I apologize and forgive me.

Cheers!

R
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Reijo:

The project wouldn't be anywhere near where it is if you (and the other people involved) weren't so passionate about it. People coming on here, and to public meetings and bashing you, whether that bashing is accurate or even based in fact or not is kind of the equivelant of coming up and telling you your child is stupid. I wouldn't expect you to not defend it.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Anybody check out that sensationalist Facebook page they started?

They outed their first "troll", I wonder where they learned that vernacular?

Man these nit wits are transparent.

My favorite part of that page is the extremely poor photoshop of the cars doing a burnout laid over a picture of the valley. What is that a Chrysler 300 on 20"s? Ya a track car if I've ever seen one I don't think these people have ANY concept of what's being proposed or what will actually go on there, they're just opposed to it for the sake of being opposed to it.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    something green

Play ground for the rich eh?...Obviously they have never owned a track car...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by Maxt
    Play ground for the rich eh?...Obviously they have never owned a track car...
    Sad thing is the stereotype of being a rich persons thing is what the real issue is, a bunch of rich people coming out and wrecking the environment...

Smart people in town will see this as a big positive to their economy

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Originally posted by rage2
    I wouldn't be surprised if Agera_56 is Randall Wiebe. He's been following this thread, and is the guy that's organizing Save the Rosebud campaign, posting snippets from here. He's definately not logging in from Vancouver haha. That facebook page is so full of shit, everything is out of context. Pretty good acting from Randall I guess. Here's his wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Wiebe

He's Dr. Light from Megaman.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not Randal Wiebe. Never heard of the guy until I read your posts. And no, I'm not from Vancouver. As mentioned before, I recently moved from there to Calgary. I had heard there were rednecks out here, and this was the last site I thought I'd see any. Usually discussions are classier than this. You're still missing my point, which doesn't surprise me in the least. Oh well. Onwards and upwards. I definitely won't be supporting this venture, not only because of the crappy location but because of the mentality of those supporting it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 12:48 PM.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not Randal Wiebe. Never heard of the guy until I read your posts. And no, I'm not from Vancouver. As mentioned before, I recently moved from there to Calgary. I had heard there were rednecks out here, and this was the last site I thought I'd see any. Usually discussions are classier than this. You're still missing my point, which doesn't surprise me in the least. Oh well. Onwards and upwards. I definitely won't be supporting this venture, not only because of the crappy location but because of the mentality of those supporting it.
    good we dont want retards like u on the track causing accidents cause your a fuking tool, good riddens and gtfo beyond

Usually discussions are classier than this.
    More evidence you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and only joined to post nonsense in this thread.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Don't you have something you enjoy doing in life? Why dont you go do that and fuck right off. I promise I wont come and bitch at you just because I dont like your hobby. Although since your hobby seems to be trying to prevent other people from living life, I suggest finding a new one that makes you less of a burden on society. Or just kill yourself, either way works.

Not that I agree with much else this guy is saying, but Beyond is being pretty classless in this thread. Like, over-the-top-even-for-Beyond levels of garbage.

If I were on the outside looking in, with no skin in this game, I'd be siding with the guy who's not telling people to fuck off and kill themselves.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mibz
    Beyond is being pretty classless in this thread. Like, over-the-top-even-for-Beyond levels of garbage.
    qft, but really, it's only 3 or 4 individuals. They're acting like any kind of discussion or points against the track will somehow have any kind of affect on the track being built.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Yeah ok sure, you changed from not supporting because your wife thought it is too far away for shopping, to not supporting it because people are calling you out for being a close minded
    For the record, I'm not against the project, I've said it was a great idea but I think the location is not the best.

For the record, I'm not against the project, I've said it was a great idea but I think the location is not the best.
    Mmmmm that's not entirely accurate But okay.

Why are you still posting? You've now said numerous times this project is of no interest to yourself, or your wife. You've mentioned you'll just stick to first class international venues because of this. Cool, so disappear, no point in continuing to post right? Or maybe you're not representing yourself in an entirely accurate manor?

You joined Beyond.ca, created a username, posted 12 times as of right now, all 12 posts are in this thread, you list your "City" as Vancouver, which you only corrected after Rage2 showed you to not be posting from there. You wonder why you're getting a less that warm reception? Ya cause you're a troll.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 07-04-2013 at 10:25 AM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mibz
    [B]Not that I agree with much else this guy is saying, but Beyond is being pretty classless in this thread. Like, over-the-top-even-for-Beyond levels of garbage.

Mibz.....you don't have to agree with what I'm saying and that's o.k. My whole point was that I feel it's an EXCELLENT concept and I think the Calgary area sorely needs a development like this, but the location leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for hearing what I was saying. The mentality of some of these guys is unbelievable. Yes, classless pretty much sums it up. Badland Motorsports Resort is looking at a first class venue and kudos to them; we need one like that. If BMR is attracting this kind of mentality, though..................

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

If you look into the land that is available you'll find that this is basically the best of a bad situation. There is a demand for a track and the location chosen is the best choice.

Race City existed in Calgary for many years and rarely were there issues surrounding noise pollution, behaviour, etc. Most people that frequent a track to race are respectful of the rules, venue, and environment they are in.

Your comments regarding rednecks suggest to me that you aren't interested in a civil conversation so much as you are here to rile up people's emotions and get them inflamed. Good job, as you have succeeded with some.

I've yet to find your comments or conversation constructive and that disappoints me.

Understand that there will always be people opposing projects like this by people who more often than not don't understand the implications associated. People resist change, period. A project like this represents change- it's scary and it disrupts status quo. Naturally, that creates opposition.

However, the economic benefits that this represents are tremendously positive. Tie those benefits in with a very minimal ecological impact (as demonstrated, every effort is being taken to ensure that the impact is kept to a minimum) and you have a situation that could seriously benefit a community of people and their economy.

It's sad to see that people are letting emotions run their decision making process. It's things like that which prevent progress from happening as quickly as it could. Emotional decision making is the reason that many LGBT still cannot marry, blacks remained segregated for as long as they did, and many modern medical advances are blocked before they are even allowed to flourish.

Now a track isn't nearly as complex or important as the issues referenced above, but there's no denying that the same emotional thinking could very well prevent a good thing from happening.

Now, if you want to have a constructive conversation let's have it. I invite you to share your points in a meaningful and respectful way.

That being said, I won't tolerate further name calling from anyone. This is a topic that deserves good discussion, not petty and childish name calling.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Mmmmm that's not entirely accurate But okay.

Why are you still posting? You've now said numerous times this project is of no interest to yourself, or your wife. You've mentioned you'll just stick to first class international venues because of this. Cool, so disappear, no point in continuing to post right? Or maybe you're not representing yourself in an entirely accurate manor?
    What part isn't accurate? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you aren't representing yourself accurately with your profile picture? I've been upfront and honest and have tried to do it respectfully. I've unfortunatey lowered myself to your level on a few posts.

If you had actually read my posts; rather than acting like a schoolyard bully, you would have heard what I'm really saying.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you aren't representing yourself accurately with your profile picture?
    No my profile picture is entirely accurate.

I've also been a member of beyond for the better part of 10 years (always with the same username). Participated in multiple threads, are friends with Beyond members outside of this forum. Can you say the same? As mentioned you only joined to post in this specific thread, you have yet to post in any of the other thousands of threads on this forum. You have stated you have no interest in this proposed facility based on it's location, okay point made, yet you keep posting. You are the definition of a troll.

Originally posted by A790

If you look into the land that is available you'll find that this is basically the best of a bad situation. There is a demand for a track and the location chosen is the best choice.

Race City existed in Calgary for many years and rarely were there issues surrounding noise pollution, behaviour, etc. Most people that frequent a track to race are respectful of the rules, venue, and environment they are in.

Your comments regarding rednecks suggest to me that you aren't interested in a civil conversation so much as you are here to rile up people's emotions and get them inflamed. Good job, as you have succeeded with some.

I've yet to find your comments or conversation constructive and that disappoints me.

Understand that there will always be people opposing projects like this by people who more often than not don't understand the implications associated. People resist change, period. A project like this represents change- it's scary and it disrupts status quo. Naturally, that creates opposition.

However, the economic benefits that this represents are tremendously positive. Tie those benefits in with a very minimal ecological impact (as demonstrated, every effort is being taken to ensure that the impact is kept to a minimum) and you have a situation that could seriously benefit a community of people and their economy.

It's sad to see that people are letting emotions run their decision making process. It's things like that which prevent progress from happening as quickly as it could. Emotional decision making is the reason that many LGBT still cannot marry, blacks remained segregated for as long as they did, and many modern medical advances are blocked before they are even allowed to flourish.

Now a track isn't nearly as complex or important as the issues referenced above, but there's no denying that the same emotional thinking could very well prevent a good thing from happening.

Now, if you want to have a constructive conversation let's have it. I invite you to share your points in a meaningful and respectful way.

That being said, I won't tolerate further name calling from anyone. This is a topic that deserves good discussion, not petty and childish name calling.
    Thanks for your reply A790. When I started on this blog, I respectfully submitted my opinion and I wasn't in opposition to any of it. Great concept, bad location. A few others took some of the things I said and turned it into a not so respectful conversation; thus my "redneck" comments. Sorry, but that's what they are acting like.

In doing some research, I believe there is better land available. Period.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast