Quantcast
Tin foil hat. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tin foil hat.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Default Tin foil hat.

I foun.d this on another forum

Tin Foil Hat Experiment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My natural instinct has always been telling me to cover my head from radio waves and micro waves for years, and to use aluminum foil to do this.

So a few years ago I was sitting around researching this on the internet, and I came across an MIT study on how that could actually be harmful. So I totally stopped all the plans I had of actually making one.

Until last week. I happened to lay my cell phone under some aluminum foil and it immediately lost its signal. Hmmm....

So I made a tinfoil hat.

I took my baseball cap, covered the outside of it in 5 layers of regular household aluminum foil, using tape to attach it to the baseball cap. It actually looks really cool, and I am going to make one that looks factory made for wearing outdoors.

Anyway, if I lay my cell phone under the hat it loses its signal right away, so it really blocks cell phone signals. And since the hat covers to just above my ears, some of my brain is protected.

If I lay a small am or fm radio under the hat reception is not affected that much.
    But thats not what I was worried about anyways. What has bothered me, in my own personal inner instinct kind of knowledge, were the cell phone waves. I can handle the VLF HF UHF AM FM etc., I grew up with those as a kid, we all did. But the cell phone waves really messed with my thinking ability.

After one week of wearing my tin foil hat... I have noticed that I can think faster, maybe twice as fast.
    I have also noticed that I can pick out electric smog, noise and sounds around the house and pinpoint them way better than before. Which is positive, because I can unplug the electrical item that is making the noise. I couldnt hear that before.

For me, wearing a tin foil hat has had a positive impact on my life. I enjoy having the thinking speed back that I used to have up until the early 80s or so.
    And if I one day notice it is having a negative effect on me I can just take it off.

So those of you who have never tried wearing a tinfoil hat, give it a try, be open minded. You will either notice a difference or you wont, but at least try it.

My Ride
    Car

Ahah, somebody who works at home should try this and report back.
    But between placebo effect and the fact that this guy was probably a teen in the 80's (therefore much sharper minded), I'm skeptical.

My Ride
    something green

I have a "tin foil workshop", a tin clad building that blocks cell/wifi/vhf/uhf. I find my focus is sharper in the shop just from the lessened distractions of electronics not working. I don't walk out of the shop and have any feelings of electromagnetic bombardment.
    When I retire and shut my business down, I will however stomp my cell phone to pieces with glee.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    See sig

I've got 2 ball caps lined with tin foil, and a layer of tin foil embedded in my motorcycle helmet. Been doing it about 3 years now and I notice a difference in my ability to focus. Only talk on my cell using a wired headset.

Any good alteration shop can stitch in a 2nd liner to your favourite cap.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6