Quantcast
2013 Rocky Mountain Rally disappointment - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2013 Rocky Mountain Rally disappointment

My Ride
    B7 A4

Default 2013 Rocky Mountain Rally disappointment

As per their web site, event will no longer run in May and going to be stationed in Invermere!. New date is October 1-3.
    Haven't skip one single event in last 20 years, however can't justify 600km drive and possibly couple of nights in overpriced hotels. What a shame!
    Road rallying is a spectators sport, how many of them will show up?

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. We do have the Cochrane Rally taking place Saturday and Sunday, May 25/26.

The reasoning behind the move of the Rocky Mountain Rally both in date and location has weighed heavily on the organizers. The roads used in the Rocky Mountain Rally in the last few years have been a challenge. Weather in May on the roads used are unpredictable at best and have almost caused cancellation to the event in the past. We can and do race in any condition, but heavy snowfall on Powerderface trail has prevented course opening crews from being able to drive down the road. Unfortunately the road is only available for our use for a short window of time in the spring and fall.

The new location of Invermere is actually a very exciting change. The roads and community are incredible. Typically volunteers car pools are arranged on the CSCC forum before an event. Volunteer accommodations are possibly paid for in part or whole. Contact the organizers for information leading up to the event. We appreciate all of our volunteers. Hope you can make it out to Cochrane and RMR this year.

Bryan

My Ride
    AWOL

Motels out there are cheap <$40/nite, Invermere is a fun place (to visit) with awesome roads and the 93 to get out there is great fun. Check out the Invermere show n shine to get an idea of the atmosphere... If it also makes sense for the event and its organizers, I think it'll be worth it!

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Yeah the weather sucks in May for the RMR out in K-Country for the last few years, it snowed a lot. I don't even remember the last time we had good weather and didn't have to cut out stages.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default Re: 2013 Rocky Mountain Rally disappointment

Originally posted by Sapo

Road rallying is a spectators sport, how many of them will show up?
    ..it... it is? it there even a fee attached to spectating? to me a spectator sport is one that relying on payment from spectators to operate... like hockey, or football

My Ride
    Ferrari

Default Re: Re: 2013 Rocky Mountain Rally disappointment

Originally posted by ercchry

..it... it is? it there even a fee attached to spectating? to me a spectator sport is one that relying on payment from spectators to operate... like hockey, or football
    Dont you have to pay to compete? They probably make money hand over fist (Albeit probably not that much).

Besides, its kind of hard to regulate spectators on a rally course.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

yup, cater to drivers and volunteers... not people that stand around not contributing to anything

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I don't know, that sounds like a big improvement to me. As said, the area around Invermere is deadly and the town is empty in Oct. Super cheap place for a fun fall weekend.

Relax, try something new!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Rally is not the most spectator friendly sport, but the true blue fans we get out on the stages are the best group you could every wish for. Nothing better than coming over a crest or around a technical section with a pile of people on the side of the road cheering us on.

As for the money, Rally is not a profitable en devour for the organizers and governing body. Everyone involved is a volunteer and the money that is made (some events are run on a break even budget) goes right back into the club that hosted the event so that it can afford to run other events or the next years race. The teams racing range from the low budget teams scraping pennies together and working their buts off just to make it to the event, all the way up to teams that put 6 to 7 figure budgets together for a season of racing across North America!

One word of advise, if you do come out to an event... You will be hooked! best group of people I have ever had the pleasure to spend time with. Honest, TRUE fun!