Quantcast
possible purchase need help guys - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: possible purchase need help guys

My Ride
    94 Honda Prelude

Default possible purchase need help guys

I'm thinking of purchasing a 94 Chy Concorde. Now there are a few problems the seller told me of no heat - he said it had to do with the air compressor, and the abs light is constantly on. I called a garage and they said the air compressor has nothing to do with the heat it may be something to do with the heating core. The guy wants $2100 for it - it has approx: 103k miles. I just wanted to get some input from you guys so I don't get screwed.

Thx

Enzo Girl

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

if you want a peice of crap... sure... after an intrepid (simmilar in design to your concord) i plan on staying FAR away from chrysler/dodge...
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    335i

It's not really a bargain. And the shop is right, it has nothing to do with an "air compressor". I assume you are in the U.S., and that makes it even worse since your paying with USD.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

the air compressor is emissions junk, nothing to do with the heat at all

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

The mechanic probably quoted you to change the heater core. With time heater cores get gummed up and dirty and when this happens it prevents heat from coming into the car. The biggest problems with heater cores is that they are often put in locations that are hard to get too such as under the dashboard. I would find out from the mechanic if he meant that the heater needs to be replaced or just cleaned. As long as the heater core isnt physically wrecked then it can be flushed and it wont cost you near as much
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

You will be screwed unless you run away now.

I've seen too many stupid little things going wrong with those cars. It's a money pit.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

The seller doesn't sound like they know what they are talking about. Who knows what other nightmares lurk under the hood of that thing that haven't been diagnosed properly.

The newer concordes 98+ are based on the newer LHS platform and they are an excellent vehicle but the older Concordes I'm not a fan of. I'm a Chrysler fan and I would not buy that vehicle based on what you've typed.

I vote the same as 1badpt!

if your in the market around 2-3 grand theres way better choices you can make for that price..rx-7... 240sx tons of fun little cars like that..

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

Originally posted by 1badPT
    The seller doesn't sound like they know what they are talking about. Who knows what other nightmares lurk under the hood of that thing that haven't been diagnosed properly.

The newer concordes 98+ are based on the newer LHS platform and they are an excellent vehicle but the older Concordes I'm not a fan of. I'm a Chrysler fan and I would not buy that vehicle based on what you've typed.
    either that or he does know whats wrong with it so he is lying to try to unload it to someone who thinks its just a coupel small things.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

Originally posted by 1badPT

www.bmwvsmbz.com