Quantcast
What does your bike get for gas mileage? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your bike get for gas mileage?

I'm not upset, I just think you're dumb. Not "durr, math is hard", more in your ignorance of something so basic.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

it has no affect on my life... i am aware of a vague range for a full tank on all my vehicles.. but i do not feel the need to track an exact number every time i fill up

If you routinely insist on calling people out for little things that you think they should be doing, and intentionally insult them in the process, you're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, I liked your explanation and understand the reasoning. I never knew the mileage of my work van, just that it wanted moar and I wasn't paying. For me it's a nasty mental habit from road trips and hunting up north.

My Ride
    This and that.

It's okay guys...we must all be just dumb as toor says. I guess good for him that he isn't then.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by toor
    I'm not upset, I just think you're dumb. Not "durr, math is hard", more in your ignorance of something so basic.
    Um, no Errchy is not "dumb", nor anybody else thats posted in this thread thus far. The fact you'd get all butthurt and call others names makes me earnestly wonder about you though.

Its cute you have a rampant fetish for math. Im sure it gives you a hard-on, but you're one a kind in terms of that. I have a few more important things then simple pointless math to worry about through out the day, so its just not something I could care less about really.

I think for the most part we all know how many km's we can get out of a tank, in both the city and the highway, so I for one dont analyze things past that point. I know of purely highway riding, that I can get about 300-330km's per tank if I dont ride like an idiot.

Given those numbers with a 15 liter tank, it just reaffirms my instantaneous and immediate fuel economy that the computer already calculates.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Do you bother resetting your trip odo, or have any idea how far that $12 usually gets you? Don't be alarmed, but you may actually know enough to calculate your mileage... sorry, but having this level of knowledge of "small amounts" automatically revokes your baller status.

My Ride
    This and that.

Just cause we don't incessantly calculate our fuel consumption, doesn't mean we think we are 'ballers' or something...but clearly you're way too smart to see that.

I see that math isn't the only thing you're good at. You're douchecanoe skills are right up there too.

My Ride

Do you bother resetting your trip odo, or have any idea how far that $12 usually gets you? Don't be alarmed, but you may actually know enough to calculate your mileage... sorry, but having this level of knowledge of "small amounts" automatically revokes your baller status.
    $12 from when the fuel light is on would get me about 220kms. I dont need to reset my trip meter, I think mines at about 8,000k now since I never bother with it for much of anything. I just add the proposed 220kms to my odometer, simple math eh?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

It's not about the numbers, it's about knowing how much you've got and how far you can go... which means you know the numbers... but are too cool and baller to bother with them?

Now that you mention it, I totally have a math fetish. I remember when a girl quickly solved a complex equation in class once and my panties basically hit the floor, with my dick flopping out onto the desk.
    Last edited by toor; 04-03-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Your forgetting my grammar Nazi skills, shaka

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

the only thing i have taken from this thread is that i need to get a bigger bike again

when i bought the thing, it had 3XXXkms... it now has 3XXXkms... i dont think i even have a trip odo?

its purely an inner city person mover. just so much easier to navigate tight streets with cabbies parked int he middle of them, super simple to find parking... i fill it like... once a month

i miss trips out to the mountains

Honest question, are you making these comments because of all the "Beyond baller" jokes that a few of us crack? I think maybe you've got the impression that I'm actually a douche, haha. I know what your main account is (and I wonder why you're not using it right now) and I don't think we've had previous beef. It just seems out of character for you to be so insulting out of nowhere, so I'm wondering if maybe there's something else here. I also don't think it's like you to keep being a dick in situations like this, but maybe you think you can get away with it because you're on an alt. I don't know.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

EDIT: ^^^ do tell...

Your forgetting my grammar Nazi skills, shaka
    YOU'RE
    Last edited by ercchry; 04-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.

My Ride

It's not about the numbers, it's about knowing how much you've got and how far you can go... which means you know the numbers... but are too cool and baller to bother with them?

Now that you mention it, I totally have a math fetish. I remember when a girl quickly solved a complex equation in class once and my panties basically hit the floor, with my dick flopping out onto the desk.
    Wow.... I just adore how you're so quick to judge and call someone dumb, It has abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with being a baller, its just knowing how far you can go between fill ups, using what? simple math and knowing a proposed route. I dont understand why you over-analyze things to the extent you do, then say were foolish with our money for not having to do the same.

EDIT: Who is this "Toor" guy? whats his real account?

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I know of purely highway riding, that I can get about 300-330km's per tank if I dont ride like an idiot.
    If I'm lucky, and relatively well behaved, I can MAYBE get 190kms of highway riding before my light comes on. Add another ~30kms worth of reserve and yeah, my range sucks.

There's a couple posts at the start that seem to imply that "gasoline expenditures are not of sufficient impact to my budget for me to bother knowing how far I can go on a tank of gas" which, combined with the technology in today's vehicles, is the kind of attitude that leads people to drive around with their automatic headlights "off", and is especially unnerving in a space that fancies itself a "car enthusiast forum". The way it was later explained makes perfect sense and you can see that I agreed with it. I'm still puzzled that someone can "not know their mileage" (and get hella defensive about it), but know how far they can go on a tank of gas?

Beyond that, trolls gonna troll, and math is awesome. New account so I can be an even bigger asshole without soiling my Good Name

Edit: I don't recall criticizing anyone's money management skills, just their attitude and intelligence.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

let the record state:

i still dont give a shit about a $10 bike fill up once a month... since i fill my car or truck weekly at $70+

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

lets dive a little deeper into this though...

knowing your range:

good, dont want to get stranded.

knowing your consumption:

no care.

why? well, the only reason to track this is to know how MUCH gas you use, this is only useful if you are adjusting your driving style to use less. why use less? well, either you are a hippy, or you're poor/cheap.

why no care? well, we are talking bikes... bikes are recreational vehicles. they are built for fun, while having fun with motors. more gas used=more fun... oh, and also cause they ALL sip fuel compared to their 4 wheeled friends...

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I usually have to get off the bike and stretch before a required fuel stop but typically I get between 6-8L/100km. Bad headwind yesterday led to terrible fuel mileage heading west

Good to see so many riders out yesterday - extra points to the tiny lady riding the CBR1000 turning into Elbow Valley

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast