Olds College - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Olds College

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Default Olds College

Anyone ever attend/attending?
    How is the town of Olds?
    Did you commute daily (probably not)?
    What to students do in Olds? Seems like a ton of students for such a small town

Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I went there from 2000-2002. The town is okay, but everyone in it will hate you. The students are all farm kids so they're going to be rowdy. The locals don't like having their town turned upside down for 8 months of the year. I knew a guy who drove from Innisfail, and a few from Bowden and Didsbury, but that's pretty much it. I knew a few guys from Calgary and they all lived in Olds while they were in school. The only thing I ever did there was get drunk constantly, and stayed away from the locals.

Edit: I might not be painting a very clear picture. For most people, Olds College is going to be party central because they're going to be with a bunch of people from similar backgrounds, and this is their first time away from home, unsupervised, with legal access to liquor. I had a blast there but they're my kind of people. If you look down on farmers or people who drive trucks, you will probably hate most of the people you meet every day.

There must be something to do in town other than getting drunk every night, because the bars are always full of college kids and you never see locals there. I don't know where they go, but they must do something. The locals and students don't tend to intermingle. It's a new experience for each crop of new students, but for the people in town it's the same every year and they don't care for the constant partying and trying to fuck their women.
    Last edited by SKR; 04-04-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454