Quantcast
Mumford and Sons sell out Dome in less than a minute - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mumford and Sons sell out Dome in less than a minute

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Default Mumford and Sons sell out Dome in less than a minute

Another insanely fast ticket sell out. Thousands of tickets shortly after posted at inflated prices. How do these third party companies like stub hub get so many tickets while people logging onto Ticketmaster's website get nothing?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/technol...378/story.html

It's really a shame...

They get them before the presale is released. Same way radio stations and corporate companies do.

It's complete bs and pisses me off.

/angry Mumford and Sons fan

My Ride
    Horse

I got my tickets during the presale on the first, the site was erroring out and they were going very fast, then it kept telling me no tickets were available so i kept trying until someone elses purchase must have error'ed...

ticketmaster sucks so bad, I hate supporting that company, but the gf is happy.
    Last edited by MrSector9; 04-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Does anyone know anything about this "you must show your ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets at the door to gain entry to the concert" thing? My GF didnt get chosen for the pre sale, and was unable to get tickets this morning. How will they enforce this policy? I was hoping to pick up a pair of tickets off kijiji or something for the GF.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

Originally posted by MrSector9

ticketmaster sucks so bad, I hate supporting that company, but the gf is happy.
    if you think ticketmaster sucks, try zoobis or any of the other ticket companies

IMO Ticketmaster is the best of the worst.

Originally posted by dino_martini
    Does anyone know anything about this you must show your ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets at the door to gain entry to the concert thing? How will they enforce this policy? I was hoping to pick up a pair of tickets off kijiji or something for the GF.
    im not sure about this exact show, but for other shows i've been to (albeit these other shows were raves at the big2 and at flames central) all you had to do was get the original buyer to email a request to change the name on the tickets.
    they get the names to match so that scalpers cant scam people and sell the same ticket to multiple people. not 100% if it would be the same for this, but i hope that helps

My Ride
    STi

Too bad they sold out so quick. I would have loved to go to their show.

Mumford should have booked the Dome for two shows and jacked their prices by $10-20 a ticket. Still they'd have sold out.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Mumford should have booked the Dome for two shows and jacked their prices by $10-20 a ticket. Still they'd have sold out.
    You think bandwagon hipsters can heloc that shit?

Originally posted by vengie
    They get them before the presale is released. Same way radio stations and corporate companies do.

It's complete bs and pisses me off.
    I agree completely. Trying to get concert tickets in Calgary is a huge frustration in general and scalping makes it just ridiculous.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Too bad they don't set aside tickets at the Saddledome office and whoever stands in line has a chance. I suppose if scalpers are gonna be assholes about this whole process, they've waited in line just like everyone else The fact so many tickets are sold already by the time the public is even "allowed" to buy tickets whether pre-sale or otherwise, it's a real shame for any true fan. While the price might be a bit of a sting, I think fans who are willing to have a better chance of getting tickets and spending $100/ea are happier vs. $60 or something and likely not get anything.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Ticketmaster practically has a monopoly. The people behind it are also connected to alot of those reselllers like Stub hub and what not. They basically hold a huge amount of tickets for the reselling companies and upsell them. Professional scalpers basically.

Oh, the days of lining up for tickets downtown - been so long I can't even remember where exactly we lined up. Want to say the Bay, but just can't remember - so long ago, so fuzzy.
    Will fuck off, again.

Are there really that many fans of Mumford & Sons? Most people I speak to seem to generally dislike them
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    STi

I find there's a lot of hate for them because a lot of people see them as a "hipster band" and anything hipsters like are automatically bad. I love them and I'm definitely no hipster. They get played on the radio, so they're fairly mainstream actually. Not really sure how to classify their music but it's sort of like folk rock/alternative which is a nice change in pace for me.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Are there really that many fans of Mumford & Sons? Most people I speak to seem to generally dislike them
    I was also very confused, it is like great big sea 2.0 when I gave a listen on Friday

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Never heard of em either. And I'm into music. Lol
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by jsn
    I find there's a lot of hate for them because a lot of people see them as a "hipster band" and anything hipsters like are automatically bad. I love them and I'm definitely no hipster. They get played on the radio, so they're fairly mainstream actually. Not really sure how to classify their music but it's sort of like folk rock/alternative which is a nice change in pace for me.
    I don't seem to find it's that at all. It's the banjo. The banjo is retarded. I'm not a fan of this Folk-rock genre that is starting to spawn.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I don't seem to find it's that at all. It's the banjo. The banjo is retarded. I'm not a fan of this Folk-rock genre that is starting to spawn.
    Really? I find there's alot of hate for them for that reason. Hell, the post below is exactly what I mean. But I agree with the banjo comment. Some people hate it, some people love it. At first it was strange to me, but now I love it. I listen to a lot of different music, and it's a nice change of pace from what I normally listen to.

Originally posted by effingidiot

You think bandwagon hipsters can heloc that shit?

I'll at least acknowledge, the dude who plays the banjo is damn good at it... But its still an atrocious instrument lol

I love the banjo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast