Quantcast
Help. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Help.

Default Help.

My project plan here in the hopefully near future is to buy a 1967 Mustang Fastback and swap out various parts. After reading all day I thought I’d make an attempt at figuring out exactly what I want it to consist of so I can come up with a total and/or get you’ll to suggest better or less expensive parts. Since I really only know the what I would call “major” running parts that a car consists of I’ll make a probably far cry for a list.

Body: 67’ Mustang Fastback

Engine: Still on the chalk board with this one, perhaps a 351 Windsor or a 428 (perhaps 460) Interceptor.

Transmission: (still looking price wise) Tremec TKO Heavy-Duty 5-speed Transmission with steel bell-housing and hydraulic clutch system

Rear end: Aluminum quick change rear end and perhaps 389 Detroit silent true locker, rear adjustable sway bar, and Koni shocks.

Brakes: 4-Wheel Ford racing power-disc brake set-up with adjustable proportioning valve.

Roush Racing 2 ½ inch exhaust system with X-pipe, Hooker super competition ceramic coated headers

NOS nitrous oxide 150 Horsepower shot system with correct "Go Baby Go" shifter knob, floor mount arming system

MSD racing ignition system with racing trunk mounted battery

GT40 wheels with Goodyear P245/45/2R17

Some type of turbo/super charger.

What else do I need? What would the overall cost be possibly? How much work/time involved? What should I change?

Various questions,

1. Where can I find the price of a 402R Roush as I’ve searched for awhile and can’t find anything as far as the price in concerned.

2. When “cubic inch” is discussed what exactly is being spoken about? I would guess it’s the cubic inches of the cylinders or what?

3. I was told that the older mustangs were made like the pintos as far as the gas tank (big explosion deal) was concerned. Is this true? If so what should be done so I don’t kill myself when some asshole rear ends me?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

might want to check some mustang performance forums. There's not to many mustang guys on here.
    I live my life a beer at a time, nothing else matters.

Also with all the parts you want you will be looking at big bucks because the mustang will need to be restored somewhat( if not probably atleast 8 large). I think it would be a sweet car when done but it will cost you a lot of money whether you do it yourself or not.

cubic inches they are refering to the size of the engine andother popular way is by litres.

I know it cost my friend paul about 8-10 thousand (including the cost of car) just to put a ford 302, new springs and convert to a 5 speed. now keep in mind he knows the owner of the mustang shop so he got some good deals.