Quantcast
ClearlyContacts.ca - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: ClearlyContacts.ca

My Ride
    Calgary Transit/Corolla

Default ClearlyContacts.ca

found a couple of threads on them about contacts and i have used them for my contacts for the last year or so no complaints there

but i am wondering about getting glasses from them has anyone here used them for glasses i have a promo code that makes snagging a pair for just chilling and/or when i am too lazy for contacts lol really worth it

my questions are how are they for possible returns/exchanges if the style is just not perfect or the measurements are slightly off? lol and just overall for glasses in terms of customer satisfaction

the one time i had an issues with my contacts things were resolved so quickly and easy but is it the same for actual glasses

thanks beyond

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I've bought a few pairs of glasses from them, without any issues. If you're concerned about the style/fit, find a brick and mortar store, and go try them on.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

purchasing glasses from clearlycontacts is very streamlined.

If the lenses don't work out for you, just call them and they send you a shipping label and you go drop it off for a return/remake

My Ride
    real dirty

I use them for contacts as well. Lots of different styles/brands to choose from, generally cheaper and shipping is quick.

I got a pair of glasses from them once but it was a promo so I got a pair of free ones... no complaints there haha. Go try some on locally somewhere with the same style etc. although I remember having to put in the specs and stuff for the order; either I was trolling out or the process was a bit of a bitch.

So, do you guys just go to your optometrist and say "Hey, can you give me my prescription so I can order shit online"? It would feel like going to my tailor and asking for my measurements. I feel like I'd get an evil eye and they'd intentionally screw up the numbers so I'm forced to go back to them. Am I over-thinking it?

My Ride
    NC1

Yea they are awesome. I've bought 5 pairs and returned one. It's very fast.

I had my prescription for when I went for my eye exam but lost my PD distance number so walked in to another eye wear place and paid $20 for that. The savings here are well worth it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by codetrap
    I've bought a few pairs of glasses from them, without any issues. If you're concerned about the style/fit, find a brick and mortar store, and go try them on.
    That's about it. I have a giant head so there are rarely anything that fits me. Have to stick with brick and mortar store. Can't find anything on ClearlyContacts.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Mibz
    So, do you guys just go to your optometrist and say "Hey, can you give me my prescription so I can order shit online"? It would feel like going to my tailor and asking for my measurements. I feel like I'd get an evil eye and they'd intentionally screw up the numbers so I'm forced to go back to them. Am I over-thinking it?
    Call/visit your optometrist and ask them for a copy of your prescription. Why would they give you the evil eye? And really who cares? If they do, go find a different optometrist.

I've ordered a pair of Oakley (!) glasses from them and they were free (I think I paid like $30 to upgrade the lenses). In the end they didn't fit so I gave them to a friend, but whatever. Really great service and fast.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

I wear contacts, compared the prices online and my optometrist (he is located in a $$$ tower downtown) in Calgary matches the price, so I am not sure how you all are saving any money going online. I even went so far as to ask for the contacts to be sent (free) to my home by post from downtown Calgary I am such a lazy guy.

I have my eyes examined every year, I ask for written prescription for glasses and contacts. I keep the paper for travel and to allow for glasses and contacts from a source other than with my doctor. The only measurement they will never give you is the distance from one pupal to the other. Never had an issue getting a prescription, they cannot and would not jiggle the measurements without a world of pain from their professional associations.

Ordered glasses online once, they were fine and well under $120 loaded up with all the goodies available including shipping.

My Ride
    Calgary Transit/Corolla

perfect thanks for all the replies

yeah using them for contacts was and is always a breeze just was curious about the glasses side of it i will prolly make an order next week then

thanks again beyond!

edit

for the prescription thing my eye doc offers the prescriptions as so we can get glasses made anywhere yeah she prefers that we get them at the little store she is attached but but dont think she really cares in the end lol

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by clem24

Call/visit your optometrist and ask them for a copy of your prescription. Why would they give you the evil eye? And really who cares? If they do, go find a different optometrist.

You have to visit. Every time I've called they say they can't give that information out over the phone, citing "privacy concerns".

If they didn't mark up their products so much, I'd have no problem buying them in store, but 4x the price? No thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I've bought 3 pairs from them and they are better than the ones i got from the brick & mortar store. About 1 week turnaround and way better prices.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mibz
    If they won't give you a copy, they lost your business forever.

Lots optometrist doesn't have skin in the sales game. They won't care.

Most optometrists will give you your prescription. It's the PD (pupilary distance) they won't. The website has a measuring tape you can print off to measure this though. I just used a pair of calipers and a mirror to get mine. I was 1mm off but depending on your prescription that may or may not matter too much. If you have someone to help you should be able to get it pretty much dead on.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

I have no problems pulling the same thing elsewhere. I dunno why I care so much about my optometrist and tailor, haha. I'll sack up next time I have an eye appointment :P

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You have to visit. Every time I've called they say they can't give that information out over the phone, citing "privacy concerns".

If they didn't mark up their products so much, I'd have no problem buying them in store, but 4x the price? No thank you.
    I go to Downtown Visioncare because of the convenience and they have absolutely no problems faxing me my prescription. Privacy? It doesn't take a genius to figure out I wear glasses LOL.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Coupon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    C350 4matic

Interesting side note for anyone who buys contacts from clearlycontacts.ca, if you google coastal.com it directs you to the american site of clearly contacts...which has cheaper prices. Even when you pay the extra 13 bucks in shipping, you still end up saving quite a bit, and it still ships from Vancouver so you get it in 2-3 days.

Example: I use focus dailies 90 packs. Cdn site: $63.99. US site: $39.99. $24 savings per box, and i usually order 4 boxes at a time, saving me $96 dollars-$13 for shipping= $83 saved.
    Not sure about other contact lens brands but worth checking out.

I know that if you find contacts for cheaper, clearly contacts will match them, I need contacts soon so I'll see if they'll match their US site and I'll update you guys.