Quantcast
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - worth the additional $$$? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - worth the additional $$$?

My Ride
    NC1

Definitely go used Cam if you aren't going to keep the car. New car depreciation sucks.

I'm telling myself for my daily drivers I gotta keep it to as close to the end of lease period as possible. It worked out for the GTI, 3.5 years of ownership and delivered it to a Beyonder last night at 77600kms. I felt like I got my value out of that car.

Whatever car you buy, drive it! Hurts too much to sell a car you barely drove and taking a massive hit.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Definitely go used Cam if you aren't going to keep the car. New car depreciation sucks.

I'm telling myself for my daily drivers I gotta keep it to as close to the end of lease period as possible. It worked out for the GTI, 3.5 years of ownership and delivered it to a Beyonder last night at 77600kms. I felt like I got my value out of that car.

Whatever car you buy, drive it! Hurts too much to sell a car you barely drove and taking a massive hit.
    Oh no I intend to keep this car. I want to eventually turbo it.

I don't flip through brand new cars like I do with used ones

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Shlade

Ill still never understand why you traded a car with that much power potential and got a STI in its place... Was it really worth they hit the probably gave you on the trade in?
    Couldn't handle some of the nagging issues with the Mustang and the dealer pissed me off. I have a high threshold but when I lose it I have a bad temper. Lost a lot of money but it is what it is.

Originally posted by KRyn

Have you driven or owned any previous STIs? I would like to know how older generations compare to the newer ones. I love my car most of the time, but sometime it pains me. The source of some of this pain is likely the fact that it is so modified. But I would like to think the STI has been somewhat refined over the years.
    I would say GD's were built better. GR's are pretty cheaply made but they do offer a more refined ride and the interior is better at least styling wise. I am progressing through my interior rattle repairs as I have fixed the A pillar rattles, the dome lite rattle agains the sun roof motor, and next I plan on tackling the rear deck (sedan) that rattles bad at cold startups. Not used to this kind of stuff out of a new car.

My Ride
    changes every year

^so why is it that you got rid of your mustang again? what happened with the dealer? sorry to hijack a790, inquiring minds, you know lol i just know a guy that may want to buy one as well and id like to know the ups and downs that you went through....

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    ^so why is it that you got rid of your mustang again? what happened with the dealer? sorry to hijack a790, inquiring minds, you know lol i just know a guy that may want to buy one as well and id like to know the ups and downs that you went through....
    Long story but don't buy one from Universal Ford. I ordered my car from them in February of 2011 and waited just about 3 months for it which isn't bad but I sold my EVO faster than expected (a week after having it up for sale) so I had to drive my dad's pickup truck for a few months. Anyway I kept in contact with my salesman throughout (my dad needed his truck back to haul some stuff to his cabin in Montana) and he updated me telling me my car would be in about May 15. May 8 I happened to be surfing at AFM and learned about a Ford customer service contact number where I could get a status of my car. I called it and low and behold my car was delivered four days ago. I call my salesman and he feeds me a BS line that he had food poisoning and was home for a couple of days but I can pick up my car the next day. I'm a little annoyed but whatever so when I go to pick it up I go for a test drive and walkaround and everything looks okay and I noticed the digital odometer was turned off so while he went in to get a screwdriver to put on my plates I scrolled it up and there was 124 kms on my brand new car that was delivered directly to the dealership (for reference in the 7 other cars we bought new in the last decade all came with less than 14 kms except one with 32 that was driven from one dealer to another). I was livid and the salesman was a good liar and told me that the car was likely pulled over for QC. The next day I call Ford with the details and was told there should have been a notice placed on the window if the car was pulled over he then proceeds to tell me there are no records of this happening to my car and it would have left Ford with <5 kms on it. Bottom line is that the fucking salesman at Ford decided he was going to drive the first 2012 Mustang the dealer received for a few days prior to letting me pick it up and there's no telling how long he would have driven it for had I not phoned. I wanted to bad to break some of his bones but instead took it up with the manager who questioned employees and came up with nothing other that she trusted the salesman would not do such a thing and offered me my first service free to which I told to stick up her ass.

Me and that car got off on the wrong foot from the start and between that and being told that not being able to use 2nd gear in the cold and loud engine tick at idle were normal, dropping the car off at 7:00 a.m for warranty work only to receive a call at 4:00 that they never got a chance to look at my car to national backorder on lower control arms, etc I just had to get rid of the car as I knew it was one of those cars that I was going to have to spend a lot of time dealing with dealerships and the bullshit wasn't worth it.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-19-2013 at 07:16 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I get that.

Same thing I did with my 08 Bullitt. Was in the dealership more than I drove it

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i blew up a motor, called my mechanic was like, dude. my car doesnt sound good. dropped it off that morning, got a call at 4ish that a new engine was ordered. would be two business days. was a thrusday... so no car for the weekend. tuesday the next week. picked it up. cool story, i know. besides that 0 issues

oh... well the breather on the trans wasnt sealed so it went in for an afternoon for that. they had to pull the trans to fix it. got step by step pics text to my phone

Originally posted by heavyD

Long story but don't buy one from Universal Ford. I ordered my car from them in February of 2011 and waited just about 3 months for it which isn't bad but I sold my EVO faster than expected (a week after having it up for sale) so I had to drive my dad's pickup truck for a few months. Anyway I kept in contact with my salesman throughout (my dad needed his truck back to haul some stuff to his cabin in Montana) and he updated me telling me my car would be in about May 15. May 8 I happened to be surfing at AFM and learned about a Ford customer service contact number where I could get a status of my car. I called it and low and behold my car was delivered four days ago. I call my salesman and he feeds me a BS line that he had food poisoning and was home for a couple of days but I can pick up my car the next day. I'm a little annoyed but whatever so when I go to pick it up I go for a test drive and walkaround and everything looks okay and I noticed the digital odometer was turned off so while he went in to get a screwdriver to put on my plates I scrolled it up and there was 124 kms on my brand new car that was delivered directly to the dealership (for reference in the 7 other cars we bought new in the last decade all came with less than 14 kms except one with 32 that was driven from one dealer to another). I was livid and the salesman was a good liar and told me that the car was likely pulled over for QC. The next day I call Ford with the details and was told there should have been a notice placed on the window if the car was pulled over he then proceeds to tell me there are no records of this happening to my car and it would have left Ford with &lt;5 kms on it. Bottom line is that the fucking salesman at Ford decided he was going to drive the first 2012 Mustang the dealer received for a few days prior to letting me pick it up and there's no telling how long he would have driven it for had I not phoned. I wanted to bad to break some of his bones but instead took it up with the manager who questioned employees and came up with nothing other that she trusted the salesman would not do such a thing and offered me my first service free to which I told to stick up her ass.

Me and that car got off on the wrong foot from the start and between that and being told that not being able to use 2nd gear in the cold and loud engine tick at idle were normal, dropping the car off at 7:00 a.m for warranty work only to receive a call at 4:00 that they never got a chance to look at my car to national backorder on lower control arms, etc I just had to get rid of the car as I knew it was one of those cars that I was going to have to spend a lot of time dealing with dealerships and the bullshit wasn't worth it.
    That's crazy. I would be pissed if that happened to me. Unfortunately broken piston ring lands, oil pick up tube, and cracked firewall are common with the current generation WRX/STI. Hopefully you have don't encounter any of these issues with your car.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by KRyn

Have you driven or owned any previous STIs? I would like to know how older generations compare to the newer ones. I love my car most of the time, but sometime it pains me. The source of some of this pain is likely the fact that it is so modified. But I would like to think the STI has been somewhat refined over the years.
    Driven the previuos gen ones quite a bit. Owned previous gen WRX and current gen WRX. New STI is more refined. But to me even though it's a lot slower than the 335i I had it's more engaging to drive. I have no rattles yet either and ringlands are not a worry as I'm not going to modify the engine.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

I ordered a 2014 GT with Track Package in Deep Impact Blue. You can get one for around $40K all in. Went to Freedom Ford in Edmonton. Awesome experience and i am like A790 in that i get rid of vehicles too quick. Had a 2012 GT, traded it for 2012 Escape Ltd., regretted it and just placed my order last Thursday. If you call Freedom Ford ask for Andre. Keep us posted in what you do.

I've never owned a domestic vehicle except for my POS '98 Ranger that I'd use to haul my race bike in. I must say, the Mustang is starting to look appealing to me, anyone actually own and use a 2011+ GT? Beyond the issues heavyD seemed to have with his, are they actually decently built?
    "I think 90% of motorcycle racing is between the ears." -Kevin Schwantz

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i normally fly through cars, i also destroy them... i still own mine, its been two years

and i dont even have a V8!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

All this mustang talk makes me want one again so bad.... Sigh. One day

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Shlade
    All this mustang talk makes me want one again so bad.... Sigh. One day
    lol growing up I hated Mustangs, but after buying my '05 GT I concluded they aren't as bad as people made them out to be.

For a street car they're a lot of fun. The new generation has ironed out the majority of the kinks in terms of handling and fit/finish. And 420hp for 34k is a screaming deal right now...

My Ride
    Nothing

03/04 cobra > all

that is all
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

^^ Agree 100% I just ended up putting on louder mufflers, the squeaking is finally gone
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by 2000impreza

That's crazy. I would be pissed if that happened to me. Unfortunately broken piston ring lands, oil pick up tube, and cracked firewall are common with the current generation WRX/STI. Hopefully you have don't encounter any of these issues with your car.

You have to be fucking kidding? If this issue is still persisting it has been going on for nearly a decade. That is pathetic.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by M.alex
    03/04 cobra &gt; all

that is all
    Love the Terminator cobra's noise! Can't hold a candle to the Coyote (5.0L) under boost though. These motors are extraodinarily flexbile. You can do an NA build that will rev to 8000K or add boost and make 550 at the wheels all day long.

One thing to remember about the Boss is that it includes forged internals if you are thinking about boost in the future A790

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by A790

lol growing up I hated Mustangs, but after buying my '05 GT I concluded they aren't as bad as people made them out to be.

For a street car they're a lot of fun. The new generation has ironed out the majority of the kinks in terms of handling and fit/finish. And 420hp for 34k is a screaming deal right now...
    Yeah it was my first Mustang in decades and I was surprised by the refined ride and solid steering and handling given it's still SRA. The car had a quality feel you don't get with compact cars. I liked my car and it's a shame I got a bad one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the all-new 2015+ models after they have a few years under their belt as I don't want to be a first year adopter.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast