1290SDR, 701SM

I found the problem in your signature: "1990 Acura integra Turbo"

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

HEY!! its a post from snowcat.

not in jail yet huh....thats a shame.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

While there are plenty of asshole cops around, *normally* you have to do something in order to receive a tongue lashing.

There are always two sides to the story. OPs claim of being "polite" is highly subjective to what mood one is in, although there are cops with a chip on their shoulder who would snap at a moment if being talked back at.

Talking back to a member is one way for sure to get an earful ... another is to have a rap sheet longer than my income tax forms, which the OP has not mentioned anything about.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So, just to be clear.

The cop was going the opposite direction and FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON pulled a U-turn to pull you over. He disregarded EVERY single other car on the road and the ONLY thing you are guilty of is sitting at a traffic light.

FYI: The next time this happens, the only thing you say are "Yes Sir, No Sir, Three bags full Sir". The side of the road is not the place to try and fight a ticket or backtalk to a cop. There are places for that. They are called courts.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Get your cell phone bill and use it to prove you weren't on the phone at the time. Might be tough as the time off the offense vs. the time of the ticket may vary but if you weren't on the phone for 10-20 minutes on each side of the ticket time you should be good to go. In the event its just word vs. word they will find you not guilty.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by tom_9109
    Get your cell phone bill and use it to prove you weren't on the phone at the time. Might be tough as the time off the offense vs. the time of the ticket may vary but if you weren't on the phone for 10-20 minutes on each side of the ticket time you should be good to go. In the event its just word vs. word they will find you not guilty.
    Texting?
    Internet?
    Games?
    Camera?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by FraserB

Texting?
    Internet?
    Games?
    Camera?
    As long as the officer's notes state he was *talking* on the phone, and his call record backs OP up, he's golden.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^Skype?

My Ride
    1990 Acura Integra Turbo

Originally posted by revelations
    While there are plenty of asshole cops around, *normally* you have to do something in order to receive a tongue lashing.

There are always two sides to the story. OPs claim of being "polite" is highly subjective to what mood one is in, although there are cops with a chip on their shoulder who would snap at a moment if being talked back at.

Talking back to a member is one way for sure to get an earful ... another is to have a rap sheet longer than my income tax forms, which the OP has not mentioned anything about.
    I was being polite, i always am with police officers. i know that being rude is not the smart thing to do in these situations. i have a perfectly clean driving record no tickets or anything the last 6 years.

Originally posted by snowcat
    I found the problem in your signature: "1990 Acura integra Turbo"
    I was driving my winter car, a 1991 toyota camry so this was not the cause.
    1999 Honda Civic - Written off for 5500.
    1993 Nissan Silvia - Sold
    1990 Celica Gt-Four - Sold
    1998 Acura Integra - Sold
    1997 Ek Hatch b16a2 - Sold
    1990 Acura integra Turbo.- Sold
    2004 Acura tsx - Slammed and fitted.
    -------------------------------------------------

My Ride
    TDi

Go to your phone providers website and print out your statement for the month. As long as you have detailed billing it will show all your calls/text messages for a specific day and time period. Can't remember if there is a time of day on the ticket (never got a ticket before) and match it up with your phone log. Kind of a waste of time if you have to miss an hour or so of work though
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    W204

I believe OP.. I got pulled over by a power tripping cop once who was obviously having a really bad day and he took out his anger on me for no reason.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    You Crazy

First... FIGHT EVERY TICKET, guilty or not. The system is corrupt, so it is your duty as a citizen to fight the corruption.

Second, you can get "disclosure" which will be the cops notes and any other evidence. Go ahead of time and request it at the time you plead not guilty, they will call you when it's ready and you go pick up the package.

Third, get SECONDARY evidence if possible as to the model of your phone. Receipt from provider, or any record they may have.

Fourth FOR SURE file a complaint against the cop. I don't know where you do this. My mom had a similar situation, and they even wrote her an apology letter.... then again she was late 50's with an impeccable driving record. Either way, at least it goes on his record, and I'm sure someone somewhere watches if cops get too many complaints on their record.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by 403ep3
    Go to your phone providers website and print out your statement for the month. As long as you have detailed billing it will show all your calls/text messages for a specific day and time period. Can't remember if there is a time of day on the ticket (never got a ticket before) and match it up with your phone log. Kind of a waste of time if you have to miss an hour or so of work though
    Yes, there is a time on the ticket. Good idea.

Never a waste of time fighting BULLSHIT.

Originally posted by Seth1968

This.

Curious, if the OP is found not guilty, can he/she counter sue?
    I'd be interested in that as well, because everyone is saying "go fight it" but that is a MASSIVE pain in the ass compared to the 2 minutes it takes the officer to write a ticket. Even if you get out of the ticket, he doesn't care, because he still completely fucked you by wasting so much of your time, effort, and likely pay/vacation time.

The problem is there is no punishment for the officer for writing false tickets.

I think I've brought this up before, but if the officer had to pay the tickets he wrongfully wrote, you would find that not a single ticket was written without irrefutable evidence, which is how it should be in the first place. That will never happen, but it is the only way to prevent BS tickets IMO, and it would do a perfect job of doing so.

Originally posted by dubhead

Get your phone records and take them to court with you, if they don't show you on the phone at the time of the ticket then its no longer his word against yours.
    Exactly. That should be enough right there.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Seth1968

This.

Curious, if the OP is found not guilty, can he/she counter sue?
    Lol, no.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I'd be interested in that as well, because everyone is saying "go fight it" but that is a MASSIVE pain in the ass compared to the 2 minutes it takes the officer to write a ticket. Even if you get out of the ticket, he doesn't care, because he still completely fucked you by wasting so much of your time, effort, and likely pay/vacation time.

The problem is there is no punishment for the officer for writing false tickets.
    Exactly. And MUCH worse than that is he is financially compensated FOR writing tickets (it's his job), and he can rack up nice OT bonus pay for court time.

The system is corrupt.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by FraserB

Lol, no.
    Not in this case, but I am sure if everyone starts recording when they are pulled over, there could be some "counters" with obviously abusive cops.

Originally posted by Toma

Exactly. And MUCH worse than that is he is financially compensated FOR writing tickets (it's his job), and he can rack up nice OT bonus pay for court time.

The system is corrupt.
    Agreed...but it works to slave the ignorant masses.

The most ignorant breed like rats.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 04-18-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Originally posted by dubhead

Get your phone records and take them to court with you, if they don't show you on the phone at the time of the ticket then its no longer his word against yours.
    Just because you have your phone out doesn't necessarily mean you're using minutes, texting, or using data.

For all you know he was checking out pictures of his girlfriend he had saved on his phone while waiting at a light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast